Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

#thisisObamacare

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image  Paul Tonko ✔  @paultonko
Starting today NY's health insurance exchange is open! See how you can enroll http://info.nystateofhealth.ny.gov/ #ThisIsObamaCare http://ow.ly/i/3hWub

This is from my Congressional representative.  Unfortunately, the NY State exchange is currently down as is the Federal exchange.

As are most others from what I can tell.

http://twitchy.com/2...ites-dont-work/

Off to a bang up start.  But are we really surprised?  Even if you're a supporter of Obamacare, are you really surprised?

How many years?  How many billions of dollars?  And the stupid websites don't even work.  If they can't get this right, are any of you worried about the real aspects of the program?

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#2    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,400 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

I live outside the US and I can get onto the NY site (and navigate it) just fine.

The reason many are experiencing difficulty is probably the amount of traffic. Not surprising, nor uncommon, and doesn't suggest "Obamacare" is a snafu.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#3    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

There must be a lot of people looking for health insurance. I hope they find something suitable.

#4    Gary Meadows

Gary Meadows

Like your uncle, only better

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

Same here. Maybe jumped the gun...

Not surprised. ;)

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#5    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 01 October 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

I live outside the US and I can get onto the NY site (and navigate it) just fine.

The reason many are experiencing difficulty is probably the amount of traffic. Not surprising, nor uncommon, and doesn't suggest "Obamacare" is a snafu.

And the amount of traffic wasn't anticipated?  Knowing how controversial Obamacare is, wouldn't it have been prudent to GUARANTEE that at least the public aspects of it worked flawlessly on opening day?

What happens to a private company on their big launch day if the websites fail?

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

#6    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

It looks like a train wreck to me.

Well now who could have seen that coming?

#7    Gary Meadows

Gary Meadows

Like your uncle, only better

• 1,434 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Lol.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#8    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

*sits*
*yawns*
*looks at feet*
*looks at half eaten cookie*

I'm thinking, they will be waiting a lllooomnnnnngggg time for people to sign up.
Seems places where it first said Obamacare here, for free.... now say Obamacare here for reasonable price.
LOL lol lol.
I watched the video. Signing up for it alone is a nightmare.

Miss me?

#9    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 01 October 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

*sits*
*yawns*
*looks at feet*
*looks at half eaten cookie*

I'm thinking, they will be waiting a lllooomnnnnngggg time for people to sign up.
Seems places where it first said Obamacare here, for free.... now say Obamacare here for reasonable price.
LOL lol lol.
I watched the video. Signing up for it alone is a nightmare.

I'm sure there are a lot of low information types out there who are going to be severely disappointed when they learn that it's not free.

#10    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostRafterman, on 01 October 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

I'm sure there are a lot of low information types out there who are going to be severely disappointed when they learn that it's not free.

LOL

Obama lied to me?.............Again?

#11    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Alien Abducter

• 4,433 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

Let's see, if I have a preexisting condition, I'll go through the exchange and purchase the Bronze plan and I'm set for life!

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#12    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 01 October 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

Let's see, if I have a preexisting condition, I'll go through the exchange and purchase the Bronze plan and I'm set for life!

Sorry, we just got a memo from iPAB.  They told us to give you a pain pill and send you home. Have a nice day! :st

#13    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:44 AM

Most people I know are calculating how much it will cost to pay the yearly Fines.
As they're cheaper than the premiums.
Affordable aschmordable

Miss me?

#14    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

View PostRavenHawk, on 01 October 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

My pre-existing condition is apathy
I'm afraid they will try to euthanize me

Miss me?

#15    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

So far so good:

http://washington.cb...he-marketplace/

Insurance Manager: ‘We Have Yet To Have Someone Successfully Register On The Marketplace’

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Overloaded websites and jammed phone lines frustrated consumers for a second day as they tried to sign up for healthPosted Image insurance under the nation’s historic health care overhaul.
That was putting pressure on the federal government and the states that are running their own insurance exchanges to fix the problems amid strong demand for the private insurance plans.
“I think I’m through with Hawaii Health Connector,” said Richard Gamberg, 61, of Honolulu, after tweeting messages to officials and complaining to state lawmakers on Wednesday. “They’ve got ads in the newspaper, they’ve got ads on the TV — it just flabbergasts me.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users