Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Some Turkish women 'back beating'

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
134 replies to this topic

#91    alis

alis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

• Please don't quote me!

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:43 PM

Are you saying that you or your mother were raped?

dont be sooooooooooooo stupid.

Funny thing is about people who comit those sort of things in the workplace... They tend to home in on people who will not stand up for themselves, and therefore can't be helped. Did either you or your mother take a stand?

tell me, am i sitting back and not standing up for myself and what i believe in now???

Alis that people are not protected your mother chose not to go through the proper channels which means that whoever this is has got away with it.
if she had reported, she would have had to compile evidence, sit in court probably and make an even bigger deal out of something, she really wanted to forget. i understand where your're coming from with she should have reported, cos he could do the same in the future to someone else, however she just wanted the whole nightmare over if you can understand that.

the more you learn, the less you realise you know!

#92    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:49 PM

When was the last time a woman raped a man? When was the last time a woman beat a man? When was the last time a woman killed a man?

Granted there are times, but these are the exception. It is always a man harming a woman. And why?...Because he can.

In my education in domestic violence we know of men who are abused. But we don't linger on this as there are so many (more) women that are abused!  sad.gif (compare this to the paltry numbers of men).

Also, the men's domestic violence is a little different. A man isn't terrified. A man knows he is stronger than the woman and therefore psychologically and physically, it is different, much different.

When was the last time a 'help' phone was put in a parking lot for a man to report harrassment from the ladies?

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#93    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:50 PM

dont be sooooooooooooo stupid.

rolleyes.gif whatever alis...

#94    alis

alis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

• Please don't quote me!

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:59 PM

erhm when did i mention anything about men being victim of domestic violence?did i say there werent such cases, or anything to that affect?  youre not trying to side track the topic are you cos im not disputing that there is a small percentage of men being leared at work or elsewhere by women.

#95    gollum

gollum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

• CHE GUEVARA
    "La Revolucion De La Gente Cubana"

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(Babs @ Oct 27 2004, 04:49 PM)
When was the last time a woman raped a man? When was the last time a woman beat a man? When was the last time a woman killed a man?

Granted there are times, but these are the exception. It is always a man harming a woman. And why?...Because he can.

In my education in domestic violence we know of men who are abused. But we don't linger on this as there are so many (more) women that are abused!  sad.gif (compare this to the paltry numbers of men).

Also, the men's domestic violence is a little different. A man isn't terrified. A man knows he is stronger than the woman and therefore psychologically and physically, it is different, much different.

When was the last time a 'help' phone was put in a parking lot for a man to report harrassment from the ladies?

View Post

One word........ Misandrist.

Two hundred pounds? I'm not trying to buy cocaine!

Dougal: Oho, Ted, the Italians know about football, all right. And fashion. God Ted, do you remember that man who was so good at fashion, they had to shoot him?

Come here and play online chess @ Gameknot!

#96    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:05 PM

gollum...Definition please.

Henry David Thoreau...

#97    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,461 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:06 PM

"One word......Misandrist."

Could you clarify that for me gollum? I'm not familiar with that term.

#98    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:06 PM

gollum...one word for you....loser.

Edited by Babs, 27 October 2004 - 04:09 PM.

Henry David Thoreau...

#99    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE(alis @ Oct 27 2004, 11:59 AM)
im not disputing that there is a small percentage of men being leared at work or elsewhere by women.

Where?  I wanna work there!

When I was like 14 a gang of 7 or 8 girls my age 'attacked' me at a local mall.  I was shocked, embarrassed, kinda thought I should be enjoying this what's wrong with me but it wasn't enjoyable.  They just surrounded me, felt me all up and pretty much got most of my clothes off/unbuttoned.  I couldn't figure out which one to struggle with, would turn my attention to one and 5 more pairs of hands would be somewhere else.  Was awkward to say the least.  Wish it would happen when I'm ready for it.

The other time I once again became an exception to another rule was when I was I think 17?  Had an oversexed girlfriend, there were several times I 'did it' when I didn't want to.  Two times in particular she pulled me down as I was trying to walk away, straddled me so I couldn't get up, and did her business.  She was a track star and in the cheer squad and had these huge muscular legs... but she wore me out, and on those 2 occasions I actually felt violated. heh.

Then there was the time a woman chained me to an excorcise bike and set my back on fire after the leather whip broke... but I kinda wanted to be there that time...

I'm sure everyone wanted to know that.  Am I being pointless again?  Sorry.

#100    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,461 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:14 PM

Never mind gollum....no wonder I wasn't familiar with it. whistling2.gif

#101    alis

alis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

• Please don't quote me!

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:20 PM

Where? I wanna work there!

When I was like 14 a gang of 7 or 8 girls my age 'attacked' me at a local mall. I was shocked, embarrassed, kinda thought I should be enjoying this what's wrong with me but it wasn't enjoyable. They just surrounded me, felt me all up and pretty much got most of my clothes off/unbuttoned. I couldn't figure out which one to struggle with, would turn my attention to one and 5 more pairs of hands would be somewhere else. Was awkward to say the least. Wish it would happen when I'm ready for it.

The other time I once again became an exception to another rule was when I was I think 17? Had an oversexed girlfriend, there were several times I 'did it' when I didn't want to. Two times in particular she pulled me down as I was trying to walk away, straddled me so I couldn't get up, and did her business. She was a track star and in the cheer squad and had these huge muscular legs... but she wore me out, and on those 2 occasions I actually felt violated. heh.

Then there was the time a woman chained me to an excorcise bike and set my back on fire after the leather whip broke... but I kinda wanted to be there that time...

I'm sure everyone wanted to know that. Am I being pointless again? Sorry.

sometimes a 'pointless story' like that is what is needed to lighten the atmosphere. im sorry celumnaz but there were some quite humourous parts to that story, however i hope you dont have nightmares about acts of violation, lol.

Edited by alis, 27 October 2004 - 04:20 PM.

#102    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:21 PM

Thanks Michelle.  original.gif  He didn't spell his word correctly. I guess gollum just wants to fight.

Henry David Thoreau...

#103    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:23 PM

lol, no nightmares... I laugh at myself constantly.  In my case age definately brought some wisdom.

#104    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(Babs @ Oct 27 2004, 05:21 PM)
Thanks Michelle.  original.gif  He didn't spell his word correctly. I guess gollum just wants to fight.

View Post

Gollum did spell Misandrist correctly, oh and it means man hater.

#105    gollum

gollum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

• CHE GUEVARA
    "La Revolucion De La Gente Cubana"

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:24 PM

I believe your vocation in life Babs is a wonderful cause. The domestic abuse that is dished out across the globe is a blight on all societies.
Domestic abuse, wether it be mental or physical is merely a window into the abusers lack of confidence, low self-esteem, and down right cowardice.

I think you should be proud to work with these abused souls who don't deserve to be treated any less than other human beings.

How dare someone lay a finger on you or I because you or I looked at them the wrong way?
How dare they belittle us for having put on a little weight or smiled at a nieghbour or said "hello" to the mailman.

You are right Babs, no-one should ever have to put up with any form of abuse.

But Babs, I have a question. Do you ever come across abused men in your line of work?
No doubt the answer is no.
I have a friend who was subjected to years of domestic abuse by his wife.
He would turn up to work on a Monday morning with scratches across his face, bruise on his back, sometimes the odd black eye.
He is 6'2" tall and is about 16 stone in weight.
She is 5'1" and about 8 stone in weight.

The word "Misandrist" means to hate men.

Could it be Babs, that in your years of working with abused women your views of men have been tainted or blighted by the amount of abuse that you see everyday?

Or can you honestly say that you are not affected by what you see and are totally proffesional in your views towards the opposite sex?

Thanks,
Mik.

Two hundred pounds? I'm not trying to buy cocaine!

Dougal: Oho, Ted, the Italians know about football, all right. And fashion. God Ted, do you remember that man who was so good at fashion, they had to shoot him?

Come here and play online chess @ Gameknot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users