Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] Helping People Indirectly Matters Too

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

You don't have to work directly with people in order to help make a difference in their lives.

Take a community health center, for example.  Doctors and nurses work directly with those dealing with various health issues.  And some of their patients are grateful for their help.

However, other workers at these health centers, such as secretaries, help these patients as well, but in more of an indirect way.  Yet they still make a difference because if doctors and nurses didn't have competent secretaries, it would make their goals of helping patients a lot harder.

So just because a person doesn't work with those in need directly doesn't mean they still don't make a difference.

#2    littlewallflower

littlewallflower

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 164 posts

• Poetry in the way that the moon finds someone to love every night, even if they do not notice her watching silently from above.

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

Well put.

Posted Image

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"- Edgar Allan Poe

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,026 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

I agree, but more often than not, it's those who have secretaries and other support staff who treat them like dirt.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#4    MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Many people try to help others and make a difference in their lives.  It helps make the world a better place, and is commendable.

However, some individuals point out that nobody would try to help others if it didn't benefit the people that's trying to make a difference.

Are they right?

Yes, but to a point.  Sure, those who like to help individuals and communities get a lot in return.  But I must emphasize that their's still a lot of altruism involved.  Those who help others really do care about the folks they're helping.

And I think that's great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users