Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why you're a night owl or a lark

lark night owl early bird chronotype body clocks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,392 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

They say the early bird catches the worm, but night owls may be missing far more than just a tasty snack. Researchers have discovered the first physical evidence of structural brain differences that distinguish early risers from people who like to stay up late. The differences might help to explain why night owls seem to be at greater risk of depression.

Around 10 per cent of people qualify as morning people or larks, and a further 20 per cent are night owls – with the rest of us falling somewhere in between. Your lark or night owl status is called your chronotype.

http://www.newscient...ml#.UkyLz1O90dU

Posted Image

#2    rodentraiser

rodentraiser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

from Wrong Planet Forums

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

As a night owl myself, I really don't want to resync my sleeping/waking times. I'm much happier and productive if I can be on the night owl schedule - up till 2 or 3am (or later) and sleep till noon. Or later.

Posted Image

I’m sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evils is still evil. And almost always the lesser of two evils is our only choice.

We have been voting for the lesser of two evils for decade upon decade and look where it’s gotten us.     Coleman Luck

#3    Xanthurion2

Xanthurion2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

• Valar morghulis

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

My night-owliness is a preferred choice.

SRS

#4    woopypooky

woopypooky

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

Somehow my brain is more alert during night time.

#5    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

Larks? Night owls? I'm more of a Koala! "Because they get so little energy from their diet, koalas must limit their energy use and sleep 20 hours a day" (Wicki)

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users