Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Extreme Cheapskates

cheapskates rick parran karissa parran toiletries dental floss

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,772 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

A couple have revealed the frugal bathroom routine that saves them hundreds of dollars each year.

Karissa and Rick Parran from Atlanta, Georgia, who star on season two of TLC's Extreme Cheapskates, airing later this month, take two minute-long showers together, limit the number of toilet flushes, and share all of the same toiletries - from toothbrushes to razors - in a bid to minimize household expenses.

http://www.dailymail...ntal-floss.html

Posted Image

#2    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,739 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Okay, I sort of balance out my husband because he spends too much and I spend very little...but even I'm not that cheap. :unsure2:

#3    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,704 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

They share dental floss....ew

Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry. Never gonna say goodbye. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

#4    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,478 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Hope they don't reuse the toilet paper.

#5    CatFromHell

CatFromHell

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

I'd hate to go on holiday with these two.

#6    Shiloh17

Shiloh17

The Last.

• 2,246 posts

• "Eve's eve, a new beginning."

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

Wait!.....You're not done with that Q-tip are you?

#7    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,882 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

While they are going quite a bit overboard, I must respect their willpower.
Sharing items will be crucial for many people in the future.   Not toiletries!

I've often thought how crazy it is that everyone has their own home.   I have 7 siblings, and we all own our own house.   Some live within miles of each other.   Imagine the cost savings if you lived together and shared bills.   We probably wouldn't need to own 2 or 3 cars each, dinners could be made larger less expensive per serving, only need one lawn mower and stuff like that.  
I know there are obstacles and we all would rather live with just our own kids.   Just a thought for someone who wants to be a cheapskate.

#8    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,739 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

View PostMyles, on 10 October 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

While they are going quite a bit overboard, I must respect their willpower.
Sharing items will be crucial for many people in the future.   Not toiletries!

I've often thought how crazy it is that everyone has their own home.   I have 7 siblings, and we all own our own house.   Some live within miles of each other.   Imagine the cost savings if you lived together and shared bills.   We probably wouldn't need to own 2 or 3 cars each, dinners could be made larger less expensive per serving, only need one lawn mower and stuff like that.  
I know there are obstacles and we all would rather live with just our own kids.   Just a thought for someone who wants to be a cheapskate.

If I lived with most anyone in my family we would spend a fortune on funeral services. They are better taken in very small doses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users