Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bob Geldof: 'Were facing human extinction"

bob geldof human extinction

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,302 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Live Aid founder and activist Bob Geldof has warned that the human race may be extinct within 15 years because of climate change.

The Live Aid founder and one-time Boomtown rat announced that his generation has let down the young people of today. "My generation has failed more than others. You cannot let your generation fail. The next war will not be a World War 1 or a World War 2, it will be the end."

http://www.telegraph...Bob-Geldof.html

Posted Image

#2    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,840 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Oh you do talk some crap, Geldof! Profile flagging a bit, is it?

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#3    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

Maybe some humans won't be here in 15 years, me included, but the earth will continue on her merry way and so will the humans.  Unless some idjit decides to start shooting off nuclear weapons or the Japanese nuclear plant meltdown destroys the oceans and everything on the shores of the continents the water touches.

#4    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

If only this was true!

:)

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,160 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

"His" generation? The deserts people were living in where he tried to help, did not appear over night! Climate change did that, years and years of it and non man made. The only thing which was man made were the wars and lack of contraception, leading to untold children being born in vilages with no soil to grow food on ANYMORE....er...because of climate change.....BOB, which happens naturally.
You want to blame anything, blame wars and people not moving away from areas they can no longer live in.

Edited by freetoroam, 04 October 2013 - 04:42 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,369 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 04 October 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

Live Aid founder and activist Bob Geldof has warned that the human race may be extinct within 15 years because of climate change.

The Live Aid founder and one-time Boomtown rat announced that his generation has let down the young people of today. "My generation has failed more than others. You cannot let your generation fail. The next war will not be a World War 1 or a World War 2, it will be the end."

http://www.telegraph...Bob-Geldof.html
Ever hear of blind panic?

I don't see a way that could happen.  If the 1990s warming came back and continued for fifteen years, it wouldn't do the job, or even come close.  I don't buy it.
Doug

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

#7    rodentraiser

rodentraiser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

• "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

from Wrong Planet Forums

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:29 AM

"Live Aid founder and activist Bob Geldof has warned that the human race may be extinct within 15 years because of climate change."

And what's the problem again?

Posted Image

I’m sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evils is still evil. And almost always the lesser of two evils is our only choice.

We have been voting for the lesser of two evils for decade upon decade and look where it’s gotten us.     Coleman Luck

#8    ZOD

ZOD

Intern of the Illuminatti

• 5,114 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:31 AM

Not to be blase'

but other species have gone extinct, it doesnt seem all that outrageous an idea we could too.

just Darwinsim really

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#9    Red Howler

Red Howler

Angry werewolf girl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

Not him again.

#10    Render

Render

Psychic Spy