Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Debt crisis threatens world economy

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

http://www.theguardi...crisis-shutdown

Shares in New York fell sharply on Thursday after the US Treasury warned that the budget fight between Republicans and Democrats in Washington risked plunging the world's biggest economy into its worst slump since the Great Depression.

I wonder how much of all this was planed by Morgan and similar?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

They need to raid your retirement mutual funds again.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#3    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

I don't trust a d**** thing the IMF says.... Not at all....

View PostJeremiah65, on 04 October 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

They need to raid your retirement mutual funds again.

Their after that and the pension plans....

#4    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 16,914 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

Meh. Just default and get this crisis over and done with. At least then we won't have to put up with "World In Financial Meltdown" headlines every 6 months.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#5    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 3,131 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

Wohooo lets all burn :gun:

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#6    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,773 posts

• ראה

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:12 AM

The madness that we've seen recently in Washington clearly isn't confined to people with a diagnosed mental illness.

The movers and shakers are infected with the same spirit of chaos, which will grow to levels not seen since the Dark Ages, I suspect.

Rich or poor, it won't matter. The only hope is for debt forgiveness across the entire spectrum of civilization.

All the books must be reset, if this is to succeed. If you owe a mortgage on your house, you will own it. If you owe credit card debt, you're balance is reset to zero. If you have a student loan, it's forgiven in the blink of an eye. All liabilities could be instantly turned into assets, but it would have to be across the board, with no exceptions, including nations, if this is to succeed.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#7    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 10,989 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:22 AM

You're on glue.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,431 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

View Postacidhead, on 05 October 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

You're on glue.
Actually I think something very like this will be the final solution.  At least it will be "sold" as an amnesty and a reboot.  But the truth is that the wealthy will still control everything and the average person will find some sort of servitude to be the price for this largesse from the government.  I'm not smart enough to explain how the mechanisms of it all would work but I see no other way out of this level of debt.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#9    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,596 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

View Postacidhead, on 05 October 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

You're on glue.
Honestly, I think it's the only way forward. It'll be a seachange, instantly you revive the economy like a shot of adrenaline to the heart - kill or cure, with a lot of risk and damage but it'll save the patient.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#10    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,919 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

Pull something like that and no one will ever invest or loan again.  Unbelievably stupid.

#11    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,596 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

It'd stimulate the economy, which is all that matters (to some people) right now.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
Only I will remain.

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,919 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 05 October 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

It'd stimulate the economy, which is all that matters (to some people) right now.
How?  Seems to me it would halt all economic activity.  How for example are employers going to pay wages after something like that?

#13    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,402 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

A LOT of debt is already being   paid off  by Tax Payer money.. as part of the Bank "bailout".     If you were stupid enough to get into over $10,000 worth of credit card debt..   and show no obvious signs of ever being able to pay it off.. you may Qualify for   "debt relief" .  

Of course it's being touted as helping People in debt... but the obvious truth is  .. it's to benefit the banks that were handing out credit cards irresponsibly.

There are many forms of Debt "relief"  going on...   all at tax payer expense.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#14    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,919 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

View Postlightly, on 05 October 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

A LOT of debt is already being   paid off  by Tax Payer money.. as part of the Bank "bailout". If you were stupid enough to get into over $10,000 worth of credit card debt..   and show no obvious signs of ever being able to pay it off.. you may Qualify for   "debt relief" .  

Of course it's being touted as helping People in debt... but the obvious truth is  .. it's to benefit the banks that were handing out credit cards irresponsibly.

There are many forms of Debt "relief"  going on...   all at tax payer expense.
Sometimes I think the US government is really stupid.  Can't they see that this sort of thing is just an invitation to do it again, plus hugely unfair to the frugal?

#15    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,596 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 05 October 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

How?  Seems to me it would halt all economic activity.  How for example are employers going to pay wages after something like that?
Simple really, instead of having to pay off loans and debts people will have more money to spend on other things.

Only I will remain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users