Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

UFO captured on home security cam?


  • Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 10,888 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

Ok UFO lovers... make of this what you will recently in the UFO news...

Does it light up the trees?

quote:

Published on Oct 3, 2013

Amazing UFO footage that I captured on my home security camera on the night of Oct 2, 2013 around 11pm in the evening in my front yard in Southeast MI, and I'm about 8 miles north of an air national guard base...wondering if they caught this on their radar?

Object appears at:
0:30
0:37 - 0:55 (light from the object refracting from lense on security cam). This would be very hard to simulate using CGI.
0:54 (laser)
3:29
4:40 (laser)
4:53
5:48 - 5:54, the UFO was so bright that it lit up a few trees for a moment before shooting back up into the sky, and in my opinion, impossible to recreate using CGI.

Here's the picture of the treeline during the daytime....
http://www.youtube.c...tch?v=5vhOqY...

The UFO appears to be scanning the ground with a green laser (the laser beam can be seen on the trees too). The laser beam clearly starts small from the object and fans out into a larger cone as it gets closer to the ground. In my opinion, impossible for someone to be on the ground creating an inverted cone back to the object, and then to be able to track and follow the object's every move at the same time.

Fast Forward to 30 secs as nothing to see until then



.

Edited by seeder, 05 October 2013 - 11:12 AM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 10,888 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

My doubts? Why has he ADDED/overlaid an approx time bottom left of vid?  Wouldn't the cam offer that on film anyway?  OK some you can turn off the time stamp, but why turn off the time stamp on home security vids? if something ever happened like a burglary youd want to know the time/date wouldn't you?

And why would a ufo do the yoyo up and down malarkey? Always conveniently centered on the cam?  Im calling fake


typo

Edited by seeder, 05 October 2013 - 11:19 AM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#3    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

NIce find seeder :tu:

Credit where credit is due.  Well done.

I disagree with you though.  Not so easy to call that fake.

Edited by zoser, 05 October 2013 - 11:20 AM.

Posted Image


#4    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

View Postseeder, on 05 October 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

My doubts? Why has he ADDED/overlaid an approx time bottom left of vid?  Wouldn't the cam offer that on film anyway?  OK some you can turn off the time stamp, but why turn off the time stamp on home security vids? if something ever happened like a burglary youd want to know the time/date wouldn't you?

And why would a ufo do the yoyo up and down malarkey? Always conveniently centered on the cam?  Im calling fake


typo

Just a thought; why not email the uploader with your time/date query.  It's not a deal breaker but you might get a simple answer.

Posted Image


#5    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

Difficult to achieve the complete effect without a lot of work.  No one one youtube has any answer yet and there is a noticeable absence of skeptic comments.

Posted Image


#6    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 10,888 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

View Postzoser, on 05 October 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

NIce find seeder :tu:

Credit where credit is due.  Well done.

I disagree with you though.  Not so easy to call that fake.

No of course not, in your opinion that is. Everything you see you on youtube, you take for granted its a real UFO. And thats the difference between you and 'normal' people :lol:  Ive posted it here as its something new amongst all the tired old threads going nowhere, I havent posted it coz I believe its authenticity

rational people ask questions, now, PROVE TO ME ITS REAL. .... Im expecting some frame by frame expert image analysis from you. I know you enjoy doing that to your high precision standards, so knock yourself out, prove its NOT a fake?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#7    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts
  • Joined:07 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AREA 69

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

you two guys oughtta get a room already! :devil: :lol: may i throw in the good old "laser pointer/LED on the window from the inside" - theory?


#8    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 05 October 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

you two guys oughtta get a room already! :devil: :lol: may i throw in the good old "laser pointer/LED on the window from the inside" - theory?

Why be that simple?  Why not go the whole 9 yards and suggest that someone spent a painstaking 10 hours employing their CGI skills?

Why not suggest camera malfunction?  Or any of the other dozen possibilities?

Difficult to see how a laser pen would have left illumination effects specifically on those trees.

I notice that you leave out one other option:

It's real.

Posted Image


#9    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

View Postseeder, on 05 October 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

No of course not, in your opinion that is. Everything you see you on youtube, you take for granted its a real UFO. And thats the difference between you and 'normal' people :lol:  Ive posted it here as its something new amongst all the tired old threads going nowhere, I havent posted it coz I believe its authenticity

rational people ask questions, now, PROVE TO ME ITS REAL. .... Im expecting some frame by frame expert image analysis from you. I know you enjoy doing that to your high precision standards, so knock yourself out, prove its NOT a fake?

I sense that users are getting fed up with the hostility seeder.

For that reason, I will not reply to your posts for the foreseeable future and I will see if the hostility dies down.

I will not put you on ignore because I want to see the whole continuity of the threads.

Posted Image


#10    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Joined:04 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida

  • Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

View Postzoser, on 05 October 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

Why be that simple?  Why not go the whole 9 yards and suggest that someone spent a painstaking 10 hours employing their CGI skills?

Why not suggest camera malfunction?  Or any of the other dozen possibilities?

Difficult to see how a laser pen would have left illumination effects specifically on those trees.

I notice that you leave out one other option:

It's real.
It is real alright. A real video with a light moving about and supposedly 'scanning' the ground. As to what it actually is, completely impossible to say one way or the other. It is just like any other blurry photograph. There simply is not enough information contained in that video to draw a conclusion.


#11    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

The Uploader explains why they were pointing the camera so high:

jcattera 12 hours ago

Hello, and thanks for watching, yes, a very good question, but I've already address this question several times. It's in the "show more".
"Someone asked why I had my home security camera pointed up into the sky before the incident. Btw, great question! Since there's been a lot ton of fireballs reported all over the world in the last 3 weeks, I thought I might be able to catch one on video, but I never expected to capture this!


...............................Also, someone asked why I had my home security camera pointed up into the sky before the incident. Btw, great question! Since there's been a lot ton of fireballs reported all over the world in the last 3 weeks, I thought I might be able to catch one on video, but I never expected to capture this!

The security camera only runs at 15 frame per second. Sorry, I wish I had a faster camera. I'm hoping this thing comes back for another visit soon because it seems friendly too me. Maybe, It'll drop off a superhero flying suit next time! Like on the 80's TV Series, "The Greatest American Hero". :)

Edited by zoser, 05 October 2013 - 12:09 PM.

Posted Image


#12    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

View PostEsoteric Toad, on 05 October 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

It is real alright. A real video with a light moving about and supposedly 'scanning' the ground. As to what it actually is, completely impossible to say one way or the other. It is just like any other blurry photograph. There simply is not enough information contained in that video to draw a conclusion.

Your are absolutely correct when you say we do not know what it is.  The point is no one has hatched a credible hoax theory yet.

Which may suggest....................and wait for it:

It's a UFO.

Posted Image


#13    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 10,888 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

laser reflections thru glass.

NOTE: how it also shows what could be said to be a light shining down from the object




.

Edited by seeder, 05 October 2013 - 12:24 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#14    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 05 October 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

you two guys oughtta get a room already! :devil: :lol: may i throw in the good old "laser pointer/LED on the window from the inside" - theory?

I think the laser pen is debunkable from at least 4 perspectives:

1) Rapid colour changes that the object makes.
2) Changes in shape that the object makes.
3) Illumination effect on the trees that follows the object if you look carefully.
4) Lack of pinpoint illumination from the source (see below).

Edit to add:  You can see the effect of item (4) in seeders video in post 13.

Posted Image

Edited by zoser, 05 October 2013 - 12:32 PM.

Posted Image


#15    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts
  • Joined:07 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AREA 69

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

View Postzoser, on 05 October 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

I think the laser pen is debunkable from at least 4 perspectives:

1) Rapid colour changes that the object makes.
2) Changes in shape that the object makes.
3) Illumination effect on the trees that follows the object if you look carefully.
4) Lack of pinpoint illumination from the source (see below).

Edit to add:  You can see the effect of item (4) in seeders video in post 13.

Posted Image

you're right about the color change in the OP's video.  The "shapeshifting" could happen due to the angle you hold your light source in, and the night the original vid was recorded looks pretty damp and foggy. That could explain the illumination effect on the trees possibly. ...Just threw this in as a possibility anyway, not as the only possible explanation. But take a look at that green laser pic you posted. the light source is seen in the back, projecting on the runway, under the nose of the plane. you'd have to change perspective to get the effect. stand behind the light source and then look towards the aircraft. then you maybe might not see that green trace, especially when the laser/light goes through a piece of glass before.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users