Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jamie Oliver Proves McDonald is not food

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,026 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

Hamburger chef Jamie Oliver has won his long-fought battle against one of the largest fast food chains in the world – McDonalds. After Oliver showed how McDonald’s hamburgers are made, the franchise finally announced that it will change its recipe, and yet there was barely a peep about this in the mainstream, corporate media.

Oliver repeatedly explained to the public, over several years – in documentaries, television shows and interviews – that the fatty parts of beef are “washed” in ammonium hydroxide and used in the filling of the burger. Before this process, according to the presenter, the food is deemed unfit for human consumption. According to the chef and hamburger enthusiast, Jamie Oliver, who has undertaken a war against the fast food industry, “Basically, we’re taking a product that would be sold in the cheapest way for dogs, and after this process, is being given to human beings.”
Besides the low quality of the meat, the ammonium hydroxide is harmful to health. Oliver famously coined this the “the pink slime process.”
“Why would any sensible human being put meat filled with ammonia in the mouths of their children?” Oliver asked.

In one of his colorful demonstrations, Oliver demonstrates to children how nuggets are made. After selecting the best parts of the chicken, the remains (fat, skin and internal organs) are processed for these fried foods.

Source: http://fitlife.tv/ha...an-consumption/

Alt Source: http://politicalblin...an-consumption/

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#2    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,719 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

All that did is make me want a McGangbang.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#3    _Only

_Only

• 6,675 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

I'm sorry, but that is not 'proving McDonalds is not food'.

That was a silly title that I almost believed.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#4    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 6,007 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

View Post_Only, on 06 October 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

I'm sorry, but that is not 'proving McDonalds is not food'.

That was a silly title that I almost believed.

McDonalds is not food. It's some sort of unholy concoction excreted from the bowels of satan himself that will remain long after humanity has met its end. (Which may be in part due to McDonalds.)

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#5    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,829 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:08 AM

I love a good thick rare hamburger with ketchup and an onion slice and lettuce and tomatoes and maybe pickles and mustard.  Those creamy mayonnaise things that McDonald's uses are horrid, and their hamburgers are overdone and too salty and too small.  A real hamburger has to be sliced in half before you can eat it.

I dare say the time has come when one can get a better hamburger in Vietnam than in the States, although here they ain't cheap and you have to wait fifteen minutes for it.

#6    Red Moon

Red Moon

Angry werewolf girl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,119 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:10 AM

Certain confectionery are non-foods but sold as food. Yoghurt and processed milk is basically a tampered food.

What else is edible non-food for humans is chewing gum, tobacco, paper, dough, egg and nut shells, sesame seeds, cough sweets, pot pouri, soap, toothpaste, fruit peel and kernels, alcohol, caffeine, liquorice, crisps, mushrooms, ice, grass and dirt.

Being tough is the new square.

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,201 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

Food or not...a McD's cheeseburger with pickle and ketchup is one of the most satisfying edibles I know of...

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#8    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,829 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

You put a few things on your list, especially mushrooms, that are food.  We have two things here that are similar but different -- sour milk and yogurt.  I wonder if the difference exists elsewhere.  I think they are both foods with biotic benefits to boot.

#9    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

has a cape

• 1,774 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 06 October 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

I love a good thick rare hamburger with ketchup and an onion slice and lettuce and tomatoes and maybe pickles and mustard.  Those creamy mayonnaise things that McDonald's uses are horrid, and their hamburgers are overdone and too salty and too small.  A real hamburger has to be sliced in half before you can eat it.

respectful disagreement: a thin burger grilled well is a thing of delight. crispy outside and just a little bit rare inside, cooked quickly. overly thick burgers are the bane of my... well, ok, they just annoy me a little. not to say that an ordinarily thick burger is bad; the opposite. but some people seem to think "more meat" is the answer to everything, and you end up with a greasy blob of unpleasantness.

#10    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,829 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

View Postpatagonianhorsesnake, on 06 October 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

respectful disagreement: a thin burger grilled well is a thing of delight. crispy outside and just a little bit rare inside, cooked quickly. overly thick burgers are the bane of my... well, ok, they just annoy me a little. not to say that an ordinarily thick burger is bad; the opposite. but some people seem to think "more meat" is the answer to everything, and you end up with a greasy blob of unpleasantness.
De gustibus non disputandum. I like my ground beef to "moo" at me when I eat it <grin>.  I do agree that the hamburger just by itself is not much, though, thick or thin.  By the way, who says a thick hamburger is greasy; if they use fatty meat, I suppose it may end up that way -- but fresh ground beef should not be fresh ground fat.

#11    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,473 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

I prefer the taste of blood when I eat meat.

that being said.  a mcdouble at 3 in the morning is sometimes better than kicking your shoes off when you finally get home at night

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#12    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

has a cape

• 1,774 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 06 October 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

De gustibus non disputandum. I like my ground beef to "moo" at me when I eat it <grin>.  I do agree that the hamburger just by itself is not much, though, thick or thin.  By the way, who says a thick hamburger is greasy; if they use fatty meat, I suppose it may end up that way -- but fresh ground beef should not be fresh ground fat.

that's fair, maybe i've just had bad burger experiences! everyone likes to think they can grill a burger; the people who actually can are less common.

personally, i like rare meat, but only when i cook it myself. a large amount of my working life has been spent in kitchens, and it's hard to trust after some of the things i've seen.

#13    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,829 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

The problem with undercooked meet happens mostly when you eat carnivore or omnivore meat.  Cows fortunately stick to grass.  Still, of course, contamination after slaughter is a worry.

Actually I've never had a problem of those sorts that I am aware of.  I get food poisoning every now and then here when I drink street tea since too often they use the local tap water instead of bottled water, but not from foods.

The sickest I've ever been came from food on a transoceanic airline flight.  Goes to show.

#14    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,473 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

Airline food is the strongest proof I've ever found for the presence of evil in the universe

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#15    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,656 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

Not from this topic posting, but from my experience of "fast food", "processed food", etc.. I'm becoming a big fan of home cooked meals.

I'm trying to learn how to do that. Been watching a lot of cooking channels lately for that reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users