Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Woman hypnotized in to drinking vinegar

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,076 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

Woman hypnotized in to drinking vinegar
Posted Image
Click here to watch video - 07:26s

Derren hypnotises a member of the audience and first has them drink vinegar to prove they're in a trance.

#2    CatFromHell

CatFromHell

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

I've drank vinegar before for a dare and i didn't need to be hypnotised to do it. Guess i'm just stupid.

#3    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,174 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

Certain types of vinegar have a very mild taste.  That being said, power of persuasion, and the want to be hypnotized helps in these things.

She volunteered, went up on stage, that indicates she wanted to be hypnotized for the sake of the show.

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#4    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

I was chosen to go on stage at a hypnotists show once, it was me and 4 other people and a huge load of BS.  Most of those people were doing it just to be able to participate.  It was ridiculous.  The dude told me I was an ant looking for food to bring back, I walked to my table and sat down.  One person I believe went under and all she did was sleep on stage.

#5    curiouse

curiouse

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 93 posts

• Let's Swim to the Moon, Let's Climb Through The Tide!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

I think Derren is amazing the things he can make people and himself do, the power of the mind is truly amazing.

#6    kapow53

kapow53

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 114 posts

• Kapow

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

Lava Lady is hitting nail on head.

#7    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

View Postkapow53, on 11 October 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

Lava Lady is hitting nail on head.

Having been through the experience of hypnosis on an entertainment level, I can tell you honestly, it's a bunch of bull.  I do, however, believe that hypnosis can be a powerful tool used in therapy with a professional.

View Postcuriouse, on 06 October 2013 - 10:48 PM, said:

I think Derren is amazing the things he can make people and himself do, the power of the mind is truly amazing.

Unfortunately, hypnotists absolutely cannot "make" anyone do anything.  That is a fact.  The people onstage participate in the show and do what he asks because they want to participate.  He has no control over their behavior.  That is not how hypnosis works.  He is just an entertainer and that's it.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#8    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

View PostSheWomanCatTypeThing, on 06 October 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

I've drank vinegar before for a dare and i didn't need to be hypnotised to do it. Guess i'm just stupid.

You aren't stupid!  lol  Vinegar has health benefits, I've drank vinegar for stomach ailments.  Also, we eat it in salad dressings and other foods so what's the difference between eating and drinking it?  ;)

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users