Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Houska Castle

haunted czech republic castle

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,165 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

A super deep hole for gaining access to water that might be very far down makes sense.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#17    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

i am political correctness gone mad

• 2,575 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 07 October 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

I wonder if the story contains any semblance of truth.  All I can find on Google is legends and rumours being repeated on various ghost and paranormal websites with no factual references.  Wikipedia itself has no reference for this story.

Is it just me or does that make no sense?  Not only does it contradict the earlier claim that it was built by order of Ottokar II of Bohemia to serve as an administrative centre, why would you waste so much money and effort building a castle on a hole you wanted to cover up when you could just cover up the hole?  Sounds like the castle has become a target for baseless ghost stories.

exactly what i was thinking. the wikipedia article mentions that it was abandoned for some time in the 1800's, i wonder if the stories stem from that period.

Also tagged with haunted, czech republic, castle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users