Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Boy gets suspended from School

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    MysteryMike

MysteryMike

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

• Just a average 21 year old guy with a creative mind.

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

http://www.foxnews.c...as-pretend-gun/

My Youtube Account - http://www.youtube.c...r/Dinospikester

My Deviantart Account - http://mikespikester11.deviantart.com/

My Fanfiction.net Account - http://www.fanfictio...2/CrossoverMike

#2    TheVeryFirstDinosaur

TheVeryFirstDinosaur

Paranormal Investigator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

• Local Community Wizard

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

"Last month, two seventh-grade students in Virginia Beach, Va., were handed long-term suspensions that will last until the end of the school year for playing with an airsoft gun in one of their front yards while waiting for the school bus."

Welcome to the police state, folks.

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,209 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

[Obelix] these Americans, they're crazy [/Obelix]

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,780 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:49 AM

The school cannot have the right to impose it's will or policies on a student at home on private property unless the student coincidentally was breaking some other statute.  That should be overturned in a court but IF the family has no $ for such action then the state can just shithe all over them.  The anger is building... and one day the dam's gonna break.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#5    beelzebufo

beelzebufo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

When I was that age, pretty much all I did was play war with my friends. We had battles with over a dozen people on each side with pretend guns in the schoolyard. There were even times when some kids were taken hostage by the other side (all in good fun, of course). None of the teachers or supervisors seemed to have a problem with this.

Then in high school I knew a guy who got suspended when he was overheard joking to a friend that he had an airsoft gun in his locker. He didn't even have one and they suspended him.

Funny how fast things can change.

I don't have any academic background or qualification or life.
However, I can absorb all substances into the body from my eyes.

#6    TheVeryFirstDinosaur

TheVeryFirstDinosaur

Paranormal Investigator

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

• Local Community Wizard

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

^

Agreed.

When I was a chap, we beat the tar out of each other.  Pellet rifles, sticks...war games, you name it.  And not one of us grew up as killers or have been to prison.  Let alone, joined the military.

Well...Dave went to prison.  But Dave was always gave off a "I'll stab you and steal your Battle Toads cartridge" vibe anyways.

I regress, the times they are a-changing.  Americans are becoming more and more influence by fear tactics.  That's what they want.

Edited by Shrine Builder, 07 October 2013 - 02:44 AM.

#7    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,157 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:58 AM

"School district officials told the station its code of conduct prohibits students from playing with invisible guns."

:rolleyes:

i suppose this means that he'll now be flagged as a Potential Terrorist, and will be monitored by the NSAStasi for the rest of the life.
I wonder how many people who escaped from East Germany over the years came to the U.S. I bet they'd be feeling nostalgic for the good old days now.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh, 07 October 2013 - 06:58 AM.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#8    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,157 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

From the orher story: "A neighbor saw Khalid shooting the airsoft gun in his yard and called 911, telling the dispatcher, "He is pointing the gun, and it looks like there's a target in a tree in his front yard," the station reported.  "

That is just the way that traditional old-school Police states worked; that's just the way (Yes, I'm going to draw a parallel) the Gestapo worked, relying on Loyal Citizens to denounce anyone they thought was doing anything that the State didn't approve of.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users