Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Washington Ghost Experience

T_Reynolds

Hi everyone, long time reader first time poster. I would like to share an experience that just happened within the past two weeks. I had just moved my brother to Washington, where he is now renting out a newly renovated place. I called him a few days ago to check up on him, and he was very distraught with the "new" house, explaining that he thought it was haunted, due to the events of the past few days. I didn't ask him what experiences at first, and assured him it was simply due to the stress of the move. He insisted that it wasn't due to stress, and then explained what had happened since the move. During the explanation, he claimed that during the second night he moved in, he had heard native american sounding flutes in the living room. To no surprise, when he investigated, there was nothing there. The third and fourth nights he came home to three broken water glasses lying on the floor in pieces, in his kitchen, and two of the bedrooms. The fifth night he claims to have seen his bedroom door open inward by itself, pushing a sleeping dog (which was laying in front of it) aside, and then shut itself again. The final experience he had relayed to me, was that he was standing in the kitchen cooking dinner, when he claims a sock, that had been in a laundry basket, had "flown" or was "tossed" into the kitchen, hitting him in the hip.

I consulted a friend, who is a huge supporter of almost everything supernatural, that had said the activity is due to the renovation. My brother had called the previous owners, who had lived in the house before the renovation and did the renovations themselves, and asked if anything strange had happened in the house before. There answer was a definite no.

The reason I posted this experience was to ask the question: Could it really be the renovations that are causing these occurrences? Does anyone else out there have a story of how renovations had stirred up some sort of "activity"?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Regards-,T_R

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• T_Reynolds

• Timothy

• fran123

• Nighthawk9653

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to UM - the way you wrote that made me laugh.

Poor guy - I can't explain it. Probably just scaring himself, but as long as he buys some plastic cups he should be sweet.

That and he should embrace the lovely flute music.

My friend told me once that her grandma told her that sometimes to please objects once you've moved them was to sprinkle salt... She said her grandma though is a bit crazy.

You mentioned the renovation, and maybe changing around the house has upset 'something'. Maybe try figuring out something that will calm down whatever it is. Like a gift to appease.

A friend of my son's bought an old cottage in a small town in the north of Scotland. It badly needed modernising and he got tradesmen in to put in new flooring etc. When he was in bed at night he would hear "stuff" being moved about, tarpaulins covering the floor being moved, furniture and other things. He hadn't got the courage to get up and look but was convinced it was a previous owner coming to see what was being done to the property.

Washington state? If there is anything bothering you or your brother and you need professional help, there are, according to last count, 65 ghost hunting groups in the state, including a TAPS group in the Seattle area. I'm sure any of them could help you if you need them to.

Actually, renovations are supposed to be the catalyst for a lot of hauntings.

Edited by rodentraiser

Bigfoot lol, jk :)

well, it'll be ok. Pray, ask it to leave, tell it to go to the light, burn sage around it, align yourself to the light and have the owners of the property do the same. If it is a haunting, tell the ghost you will only tolerate happiness and good feelings and don't let people around that attract negative ghosts... hmm

Washington also has aliens.... :D

Welcome to UM! It's nice to meet a fellow Washingtonian.

On to your report:

My brother had called the previous owners, who had lived in the house before the renovation and did the renovations themselves, and asked if anything strange had happened in the house before. There answer was a definite no.

This makes me think that you're brother may be imagining things and that these things weren't happening. If there was no activity before, why would there suddenly be activity when your brother arrives? Unless your brother has some sort of connection with these ghosts, which I doubt.

If your brother is absolutely convinced something is going on, tell him to set up a camera and capture some videos/pictures. I always think it's important to get physical proof of these things, since they can show that they're really happening. And if you want, you could share the videos/pictures with us so we can discuss it and see what your brother is dealing with more clearly.

Hope things get settled for you guys.

Tell him to get a new dog.

Get a fert spreader,and a bag of rock salt.

Spread salt in every room of the house.

Ultra orthadox Jewish people throw salt around to ward off unclean spirits so it must be true.

post-142153-0-41234200-1381384928_thumb.

post-142153-0-78256600-1381384949_thumb.

There is a lot of regular seismic activity in Washington state. Tremors are felt in and around the Cascades regularly. According to the USGS there were 108 this month alone.

Edited by sinewave