Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Maher Mocks World War Two Veterans

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

Link: http://www.breitbart...Maher-WWII-vets

"The other thing that apparently was so important for the Republicans to keep open was the World War II Memorial in Washington. That was closed, so a bunch of the World War II vets knocked down the barriers and stormed it,” Maher said, to the laughter of his audience.

“And then I loved this, they posed for pictures with Michele Bachmann who showed up. Michele Bachmann, one of the people most responsible for shutting the ******* thing down. They're the greatest generation - nobody said they were the brightest generation."

Of course, that was a lie – the House Republicans voted to restore funding for the National Park Service, but the Democratic Senate prevented a vote on that measure in order to heighten suffering surrounding the shutdown. In fact, the Obama administration reportedly rejected the World War II veterans’ request to visit the memorial before the vets moved aside the barricades. The administration then reinforced the barricades after the incident.

For Maher to slander World War II veterans as stupid for not kowtowing to despicable shutdown tactics is reprehensible. Before the war, they endured tremendous poverty during the Great Depression. After returning from World War II, veterans worked to establish the nation’s greatest companies in the private sector and infrastructure projects in the public sector; they were the driving force behind the growth of the planet’s best system of higher education.
World War II-generation men and women built America into the unchallenged hegemon on the planet. But then again, they didn’t have a show on HBO.

Real classy, Maher. Real classy.... :td:

Edited by Burt Gummer, 07 October 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#2    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,782 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hmm. His ratings must be going down, smug b******.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#3    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 13,195 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

I like one of the comments below Tony Lee's article  by bxarmybrat who says:   "...Obama and Maher deserve each other, two small people who talk for a living and have never done a thing for the betterment of their fellow man."

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#4    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

View PostYamato, on 07 October 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

I like one of the comments below Tony Lee's article  by bxarmybrat who says:   "...Obama and Maher deserve each other, two small people who talk for a living and have never done a thing for the betterment of their fellow man."

I like that! :tsu:

#5    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 3,167 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Good job Maher keep feeding garbage to the uninformed

Edited by spartan max2, 07 October 2013 - 07:06 PM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#6    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,552 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

Well, I won't argue that Maher is just a blowhard toolbag, but the Republicans are the ones that shut it down, so his point rings true.  If Bachman wasn't there for anymore than a photo op, maybe she could explain why she wanted to close the park.

If the Dems are trying to keep it shut to 'heighten' the suffering, the Repubs are guilty of using it for a press op.

For the Republicans to have the balls to say 'shut it down', how dare they then say they are worrying about what suffering it may cause?  

Remember to keep your displeasure squarely in BOTH camps.

#7    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 3,167 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

View Postsupervike, on 07 October 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

Well, I won't argue that Maher is just a blowhard toolbag, but the Republicans are the ones that shut it down, so his point rings true.  If Bachman wasn't there for anymore than a photo op, maybe she could explain why she wanted to close the park.

If the Dems are trying to keep it shut to 'heighten' the suffering, the Repubs are guilty of using it for a press op.

For the Republicans to have the balls to say 'shut it down', how dare they then say they are worrying about what suffering it may cause?  

Remember to keep your displeasure squarely in BOTH camps.

I agree that the republicans were just their for photo op and political points.

But it is true that the parks and memorials are being shut down to cause problems.

Remember back during sequestration when Obama stopped white house tours because we "cut" to much.

Well keep in mind that he is the same guy in the white house now.

We have to pay people to guard(more people then we had guarding when it was open) these sites and barricade them so wouldn't it make more sense to pay these people to keep it open? Yes it would but they want them shut as a political move.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#8    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,552 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

Both sides are guilty of it.

And when it's all over, they'll slap each other on the back and grin.

This is why more people don't care about these things.  It's all a big game to those folks.

It all leaves a horrible taste in our mouth.  I'm not sure if it's just the nature of the beast, or that we, the American public have created it to be so.

#9    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 13,047 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

The comment from Maher was crass.
Bachmann being there was crass.
The war vets OTOH were rightly and still pretty brave, good on them.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#10    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,563 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

I don't know if I'd consider it mocking the veterans as much as he's mocking them allowing themselves to be used to generate publicity for the republicans in the shutdown.

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#11    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 3,167 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:44 AM

They interviewed one of the vets who broke through the barricades and he said

"yeah they tried to keep us out of Normandy too but that didn't stop us"

Lol that's awesome :tsu:

Criss Jami

#12    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

World War II-generation men and women built America into the unchallenged hegemon on the planet. But then again, they didn’t have a show on HBO.

Setting itself up for every war the US has been engaged in since Korea. How many deaths have resulted from the Imperialist policies of the Greatest Generation? There was such a thing as American Isolationism before them, you know. Now the only Isolationist politician I know of in the US is Ron Paul. And remember these are the people who hosed down blacks at civil rights rallies, and fought tooth and nail against more rights for women.

Of course, I am generalizing the Greatest Generation, but so too is everyone else. They are not automatically better, stronger, faster and smarter than the rest of us. They have the title Greatest Generation because they just happened to be in the right place at the right time. The moment you declare a group immune from criticism or ridicule you no longer have free society.

Heaven and hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad. But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue. - David Hume

#13    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,894 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Maher is a liberal stooge with liberal talking points.

I agree that it is the Republicans fault for the shutdown - but it's Obama's fault for not being willing to negotiate.

Both parties are at fault. George Washington's warning rings true today.

As for Maher's obvious disrespect - that POS would not be able to voice his progressive opinions without the sacrifices of the people he's criticizing.

Talk about ironic.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#14    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostSkepticalB, on 07 October 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

I don't know if I'd consider it mocking the veterans as much as he's mocking them allowing themselves to be used to generate publicity for the republicans in the shutdown.

You're probably right but Maher is just SO unlikeable. Even when I agree with him I want to punch him in the throat.

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#15    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostAlmagest, on 08 October 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Setting itself up for every war the US has been engaged in since Korea. How many deaths have resulted from the Imperialist policies of the Greatest Generation? There was such a thing as American Isolationism before them, you know. Now the only Isolationist politician I know of in the US is Ron Paul. And remember these are the people who hosed down blacks at civil rights rallies, and fought tooth and nail against more rights for women.

Of course, I am generalizing the Greatest Generation, but so too is everyone else. They are not automatically better, stronger, faster and smarter than the rest of us. They have the title Greatest Generation because they just happened to be in the right place at the right time. The moment you declare a group immune from criticism or ridicule you no longer have free society.

You better be careful going against blind nationalism..... people have ended up in camps for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users