Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Affordable Health Care registration - torture

obamacare affordable health care health insurance registration healthcare.gov

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#16    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,233 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

View Postjoc, on 08 October 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

Some of us knew that ACA was a bad idea before it was voted on...without being read...by Congress.  Imagine that...legislation that is so complex, not even the Congressional leaders could figure it out...and we are supposed to just be okay with it?  We aren't.  It is a job killing, freedom sucking, money sucking, machine which will forever devastate health care in this country.

So, just out of curiosity, how did you know it was a 'bad idea' before it was voted on, if you hadn't read it either?

#17    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,791 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

View Postsupervike, on 08 October 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

So, just out of curiosity, how did you know it was a 'bad idea' before it was voted on, if you hadn't read it either?

ESP, my friend, ESP....

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#18    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

Governments don't run healthcare very well.

UK: NHS

Canada : Public Option + Medical Tourism(Fly To Texas)

Also, Obama forgot to put in Tort Reform.

#19    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Once the government gets their hands on anything, they will never let go and will bind it up in so much red tape that normal humans can't figure it out.  It has been thus in the past and will always be.  There are two arms to the monster in Washington, but only one body.  Each half exists only so they can point at the other when things are a mess.  That has always been, but is getting worse to the point where now one half will no longer communicate with the other.

#20    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,780 posts

• ראה

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostLilly, on 08 October 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

Right now the government is in a stalemate (it's shut down). Nothing (well, just about nothing) having to do with the government is functioning. When this political nonsense is finally solved things will improve...not saying things will work well, just improve.
I didn't think that the Affordable Care Act roll-out was affected by the shut-down, at least I hadn't heard that. Have you?

If the process was shut down, why have I been able to inch forward in tiny increments? That makes no sense.

I can't even imagine with this must be like for people who have been diagnosed with life-threatening illness. They must be in a panic, wondering if they'll be registered in time to save their lives by January, or resort to CharityCare.gov.

How sad for the mentally ill too. They may only have a few good days during any month, when they are clear headed enough to register, only to find that their government is crazier than they are.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#21    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,856 posts

• We don't need to conquer the world, we need to conquer our individual selves first. Then the world will be at peace.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 08 October 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

I didn't think that the Affordable Care Act roll-out was affected by the shut-down, at least I hadn't heard that. Have you?

If the process was shut down, why have I been able to inch forward in tiny increments? That makes no sense.

I can't even imagine with this must be like for people who have been diagnosed with life-threatening illness. They must be in a panic, wondering if they'll be registered in time to save their lives by January, or resort to CharityCare.gov.

How sad for the mentally ill too. They may only have a few good days during any month, when they are clear headed enough to register, only to find that their government is crazier than they are.

Must - register - must - gain access - before it's - too late - oh you stupid government website!!! - must, must.............How is a raven like a writing desk? Posted Image

PAWNING RESIDENT TROLLS

#22    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,233 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 08 October 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

But that is exactly why the ACA was framed as it was. It is nothing like the UK NHS or the Canadain health care systems.  Those were all just scare tactics anyhow, to freak people out about what was in the ACA.  I wonder if people in the UK or Canada enjoy their systems overall?

Something has to be done about skyrocketing costs, and getting people access to health care.

#23    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,233 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 08 October 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

What panic do you think those people were in BEFORE there was an Affordable Care Act?  When an insurance company could just pick and choose who they cover?  This is exactly what this plan is meant to do.  Yes, they are having some issues, but it's a big project, they'll get the kinks worked out.

#24    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

View Postsupervike, on 08 October 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

But that is exactly why the ACA was framed as it was. It is nothing like the UK NHS or the Canadain health care systems.  Those were all just scare tactics anyhow, to freak people out about what was in the ACA.  I wonder if people in the UK or Canada enjoy their systems overall?

Something has to be done about skyrocketing costs, and getting people access to health care.

ObamaCare is designed to fail. It's a train wreck.

The specifics have surfaced and nobody likes them.

ObamaCare is a stepping stone to the Canadian Public Option.

The Canadians are told to wait for months for surgery.  They pick up the phone and call 1 of the 15 Medical Tourism companies.

They fly them down to Texas for surgery and rehab. Then they fly home.

#25    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,630 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

lol, it is kinda same as if you would ask, "how do you know you'll get wet, before you jump into the pool". gvmt is pretty reliable with bad ideas. that we can count on.  not to mention, a fine, and even jail terms (initally), for not buying something,  were know before it was passed.  tax on life, is pretty bad idea, don't you think???

RESIDENT TROLL.

#26    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,165 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 08 October 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

Also, Obama forgot to put in Tort Reform.
Actually the NHS is almost universally regarded as a Good Idea in the UK. People complain about it a lot, but those complaints are mainly because they feel that the Govt. ought to invest more in it. I suppose one difference is that people don't have to make use of it, but are free to use the private sector if they wish.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#27    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Others did read it.  For example the good people over at the Heritage Foundation read it...alot of other people read it...and then folk like me read parts of it...so yeah...we knew what was in it.  The point is that the FREAKING LEGISLATURE voted into being a law they hadn't even read.  We were told by Pelosi...Well, we have to pass it to find out what's in it.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#28    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 08 October 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny.

I've managed to finally inch my way along on Healthcare.gov.

First I couldn't get on the site, at all. That was day one and day two. Then I was able to enter some basic information, but couldn't get a password, so it didn't register me. Day three.

Then I was able to get a password, but couldn't set up my security questions. Day three, four.

Then I was able to enter in basic information about myself, address, phone number SS#. Day four ... second session.

Next I was supposed to be able to view the available plans. Not a chance ...

Forget it ... now the site has been closed down for days, and you can't access it.

The alternative route, is a phone number they give out, but I was on hold for that for 32 minutes tonight, before being cut off.

Next I'm going to try doing this face to face locally, and see where that gets me, but I have a feeling it will be a bad scene.

A week into this, and I've barely inched forward. It's like they're trying to give people just enough to keep them coming back for more Crazy.gov.

Don't do it.
Reports are so bad.
People who think they have signed up, have not.
So when they think their policy will go into affect, it won't.

People have been told they arent eligable, and are furloughed out to medicaid.
People who register and opt out at the end, have now given all their personal info, and are fined affinitum.

Don't do it

Miss me?

#29    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,233 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

View Postaztek, on 08 October 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

lol, it is kinda same as if you would ask, "how do you know you'll get wet, before you jump into the pool". gvmt is pretty reliable with bad ideas. that we can count on.  not to mention, a fine, and even jail terms (initally), for not buying something,  were know before it was passed.  tax on life, is pretty bad idea, don't you think???

No.  I don't think that.  I think everyone having access to a Health Care plan is that important.

#30    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,233 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

View Postjoc, on 08 October 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

Others did read it.  For example the good people over at the Heritage Foundation read it...alot of other people read it...and then folk like me read parts of it...so yeah...we knew what was in it.  The point is that the FREAKING LEGISLATURE voted into being a law they hadn't even read.  We were told by Pelosi...Well, we have to pass it to find out what's in it.

So how do you know the 'Freaking Legislature' didn't just read parts of it, or have the good people at the Heritage Foundation read it for them?

You're taking the word of Pelosi, whom I'm assuming you wouldn't trust as far as you could throw?

People seem to like that their kids can now stay on their insurance until age 26, or that they can still get coverage if they lose their job and have a pre-existing condition.

These are good things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users