Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

False widow fears spread as suspicious spider

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

THERE were fears the venemous false widow had spread north of the border today after a patterned spider was spotted in Perth.

The creature was photographed by Danielle Davidson at the weekend and posted on Facebook.

Terrified Danielle said a spider fell onto her neck as she took rubbish to her wheelie bin.

She wrote: “I am never touching my wheelie bin EVER AGAIN!!!!

“Went out to the garden to put a bag in the bin, I had to move the bin slightly to get to it just as something fell out the bag, so I bent down to pick it up to then feel something on my neck.

“Automatically I wiped it with my hand.. TO THEN FEEL IT MOVE! I swiped it again and this THING fell to the floor! I think the whole of perth never mind western edge heard me scream!!!

“Honestly can still feel my heart pounding out my chest.... Eeeeeek!” Luckily on this occasion it proved to be a case of mistaken identity

View: Read more

Posted Image

#2    Lopex

Lopex

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

• Fear is the greatest barrier to human growth.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

Looks like a wolf spider.

#3    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,254 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

More here -

The noble false widow - Britain's most venomous spider - is spreading across the UK, with reports of sightings in London, Wales, Norfolk and Birmingham.

http://www.telegraph...-across-UK.html

Posted Image

#4    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,567 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 13 October 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

More here -

The noble false widow - Britain's most venomous spider - is spreading across the UK, with reports of sightings in London, Wales, Norfolk and Birmingham.

http://www.telegraph...-across-UK.html

Well, that's disturbing.

#5    SpiritWalker7

SpiritWalker7

Eternal Seeker

• 3,299 posts

• “You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun.”-Shaun Hick

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

At least you all don't have Black Widows.. They're all over under the house here.

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

#6    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,592 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:40 AM

View PostAliveInDeath7, on 14 October 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

At least you all don't have Black Widows.. They're all over under the house here.
OMG I would live in a hotel for three days while I bug bombed the bejeezus out of it.  You're braver than I am!

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users