Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Carrie hoax. This would have fooled even me

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,460 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostCRIPTIC CHAMELEON, on 09 October 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

I'm amazed no-one pulled a gun out and took a shot at her.  :gun:

Or at least snuck up on her and knocked her out.

Still, as much as I don't believe in stuff like that, if iI saw it happening right by me as im munching a scone?  You best believe I'd be glad I wear brown pants

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#17    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

What a liability nightmare.  It would not surprise me, given that this was done as a stunt to promote a movie, if everyone, including the unsuspecting customers, was in on it in.  Otherwise the creators of this stunt are left open to all sorts of  lawsuits, like claiming post traumatic stress. Those unsuspecting customers at the minimum would have had to sign a waiver afterwards for their faces to be shown.  Possible scenario, the "customers" were cast as extras without prior knowledge of what was about to happen and already waived their rights.

Edited by Razer, 09 October 2013 - 11:20 PM.

#18    Disbeliever

Disbeliever

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 235 posts

• "I don't believe in astrology; I'm a Sagittarius and we're skeptical."
    Arthur C. Clarke

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

I thought it was great, very well done.

#19    highdesert50

highdesert50

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

I suppose we should be grateful for our hippocampus as it seems to play a role in memory and using those memories makes predictions of what will next occur. So, what happens when we have no prior learning regarding the event ... the unexpected as we can see. It would be interesting to repeat the experiment with the same individuals now that they experienced it.

#20    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

I wonder how many of them **** themselves.

#21    Shayde

Shayde

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

Very well done stunt!  Which means I must be a cruel so and so to enjoy the looks of incomprehension and fear on the faces of the unsuspecting coffee shop patrons.

Shame we weren't shown the reveal to them actually. That might have been more comical!

#22    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

We don't like you

• 5,413 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

I would love to be in the middle of something like this myself. I hope I would have the presence of mind to know it was BS and act accordingly. I would probably get sucked into to panicking with everybody else though. :blush:

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#23    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• 2,066 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!" Lol!

#24    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,643 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

Razer razes a good point at post #17. A tort lawyer would have had a field day with any complaints of stress/diagnoses of PTSD/suits for reckless endangerment, undue mental harm, etc. etc. unless every one of those persons was an actor/advised beforehand. Which begs the question: For whom did the stunt producers intend this caper? Just a video audience? Who was the intended audience if they were all actors?

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#25    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

We don't like you

• 5,413 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 10 October 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Razer razes a good point at post #17. A tort lawyer would have had a field day with any complaints of stress/diagnoses of PTSD/suits for reckless endangerment, undue mental harm, etc. etc. unless every one of those persons was an actor/advised beforehand. Which begs the question: For whom did the stunt producers intend this caper? Just a video audience? Who was the intended audience if they were all actors?

They are not all actors, just the people surrounding the main protagonists are actors. The people slightly further away (at the till and by the window) are 'real' customers. These are the people who show the biggest reaction to the prank, and are seen trying to leave the building, they are also different each time the prank is played out (it was done more than once).

This seems pretty straight forward to me, unless I missed something obvious?

Its the reactions of those not aware of the prank that give the video its strength, otherwise its not really a prank. I would guess that they were informed of the prank after filming, maybe even something in the window of the shop before entering to cover any legal issues.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#26    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• 1,429 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

lol @ ladies faces at 2:03-2:05.

Well telekinetic is not something that scary, it's not like they never saw in movies

#27    baro67

baro67

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 116 posts

• That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

a person with telekinetic powers so developed would make the happiness of scientists ...After a scene like that surely would be interned and dissected lol

#28    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,380 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:41 AM

To be honest, if I had telekinetic powers like that... I would make people think places are haunted just for fun. Of course I could also use it to stop people in their tracks, like lift them off the ground to give them no traction, come in handy when it comes to subduing thieves or murders. I doubt I would want to test the power of stopping bullets though... that is a rather large gamble or if I want to do it subtle, put pressure on them to hold them on the ground, making it where they can't move.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 11 October 2013 - 04:42 AM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#29    Shiloh17

Shiloh17

The Last.

• 2,279 posts

• "Eve's eve, a new beginning."

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

I like how most hung around, till she started screaming, then I supposed they thought all hell was fixing to break lose and they run.

#30    Shiloh17

Shiloh17

The Last.

• 2,279 posts

• "Eve's eve, a new beginning."

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

View PostCRIPTIC CHAMELEON, on 09 October 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

I'm amazed no-one pulled a gun out and took a shot at her.  :gun:

She was too good looking to shoot. Now if it had been my mother-in-law.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users