Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

First 1 Liverpool home handed over to family

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

The keys to the first £1 home sold in Liverpool have been handed over to its new owners.

Liverpool Council offered the chance to buy 20 vacant houses for the small sum if the new owners pledged to refurbish them and stay for at least five years.

The property, on Cairns Street, Granby, was handed over to Jayalal Madde by Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson.

More than 1,000 people applied for the scheme and 10 applicants have so far been successful.

Married father-of-two Mr Madde, 48, said he had raised money through a credit union to carry out refurbishments.

View: Read more

Posted Image

#2    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,654 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

I think that is a fantastic idea!

#3    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,256 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

A good way to avoid the area to convert into a slum... which would be by far more expensive to rebuild.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#4    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,438 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

its a load of rubbish, i'd demolish the lot, they are in a crappy part of the city which has all the problems of a inner city migrant area. the whole process of allocating the properties was and is a disgrace. ask yourself this how can a person whose only lived here for only a short time - more or less get a house for nothing. there are, and is more deserving people who met the criteria but got nothing. good luck to Mr Madde and his family. its not their fault the allocation process was shrouded in mystery.

Edited by stevewinn, 09 October 2013 - 05:26 PM.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users