Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

If You Could Have Your Own Country

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

View PostSkepticalB, on 09 October 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

My own country?...hehehehaaahahaaahahHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dictatorship, iron fisted, with the citizens taught to believe I am god from birth, that I give them the air they breathe, that I am the reason for life. Make them love me.  Then, we begin invading to expand our nation, we kill every adult not willing to pledge to my godhood, the orphans put into academies to be re-educated for military use.

Keep close allies with superpowers because the children who don't pan out as military, will be used as cheap labor in american corperation's factories.

Join the U.N., cause friction between allies, act as intermediary to soothe things over in a public way, begin buying stock in the corrperations who use my factories, become major shareholder in them in a few years.

Start a space program, volunteering for my country's first manned mission, take a few years worth of supplies.

Release all the nukes

Enjoy the pretty colors

The world wont end in a whimper, but a bang! :)

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#17    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

View PostSkepticalB, on 09 October 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

My own country?...hehehehaaahahaaahahHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dictatorship, iron fisted, with the citizens taught to believe I am god from birth, that I give them the air they breathe, that I am the reason for life. Make them love me.  Then, we begin invading to expand our nation, we kill every adult not willing to pledge to my godhood, the orphans put into academies to be re-educated for military use.

Keep close allies with superpowers because the children who don't pan out as military, will be used as cheap labor in american corperation's factories.

Join the U.N., cause friction between allies, act as intermediary to soothe things over in a public way, begin buying stock in the corrperations who use my factories, become major shareholder in them in a few years.

Start a space program, volunteering for my country's first manned mission, take a few years worth of supplies.

Release all the nukes

Enjoy the pretty colors
Well that is nor original at all, its been done, being done and  in full swing to keep on doing til the nukes go off.
How about a country full of vegetables and nuts........somewhere for all the politicians and dictators to go?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#18    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,174 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

I don't care about originality, I want to be the one to push the button and see the colors. To introduce the world to the eternal silence

The world wont end in a whimper, but a bang! :)

This guy gets it.

All these people, watching my historic space flight, suddenly i stop and address them all, telling them that 10 minutes ago I began the launch sequences, ending it with, "It's been a good run folks, but final curtain's a- fallin'"

Then i listen the speakers and watch as they come to the realization of whats happening, that they're all going to die and everything they've ever known, or ever loved is about to end, Knowing I did it, knowing that the last drops of hope in their hearts dry up, as they prepare for their beautiful and warming deaths

Or, play mario brothers all day

not sure.

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#19    BarnabasCollins

BarnabasCollins

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

In my country, the supreme law of the land would be do what you want to do so long as you harm no one else.  The laws that would be enacted by the Assembly would all flow from that foundational principal.

Members of the Assembly (the law making body) would be chosen from the qualified citizenry by lottery.  No person would be allowed to serve more than one six year term in their lifetimes.  It would be kind of like jury duty in a sense.  If your number comes up, unless you can demonstrate extreme hardship, you must serve.

The Chief Assembly Person would serve the function of the Executive (President, Prime Minister, etc).  That person would be selected from among the members of the Assembly by lottery and would serve two years and then return to the Assembly until his/her term in the Assembly expires.

Judges would require special qualifications and all citizens with those qualifications would be part of the Judge Pool.  Ten times the number of Judges needed would be chosen by lottery from among the qualified citizenry and then from that group, the Assembly would elect the number of judges needed.  Judges would serve a 10 year term and would thereafter not be qualified to hold judicial office again.

In other words, special interest groups, the monied, the rich and powerful, would have no say whatsoever in the selection of any person who holds office.

Edited by BarnabasCollins, 09 October 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#20    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

My country will be walled and every
criminal,
paedo,
politician,
warlord
religious fanatics
religious cults in general
greedy scientist who would disect his own family for money,
owners of phamaceutical companies who are still testing on animals
soft judges
all those responsible for letting criminals out early
jobworths..especially traffic wardens

will be sent there. Why should we start to build all over again?  We are not the ones which are destroying this Earth. Throw them all behind the walls and let them live together and get on with it.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#21    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

has a cape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

the most perfect country would have

only tortoises.

they've been proven to be nature's most chill animal.

it's science.

#22    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

• "Live with cause and leave results to the great law of the universe, passing each day in peaceful contemplation"

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

Freeland! - one rule, and one rule only - Do not cause harm to others, or others property.... other than that, DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT.

None of they silly rules we have now just to control, conform or for profit.

Funding will go equal into, Education, Medical, miltary, country.

None of this American way 110% on miltary, -10% everywhere else.

There will be capps on things, so money will not get out of hand, or the wrong people getting millions (actors, sportmans, politions)

Edited by The Id3al Experience, 10 October 2013 - 12:55 AM.

Posted Image

#23    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

• "Live with cause and leave results to the great law of the universe, passing each day in peaceful contemplation"

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

Edited by The Id3al Experience, 10 October 2013 - 12:53 AM.

Posted Image

#24    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,343 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:54 AM

You all forgot one thing freedom of religion. My country would be run as a chritian country and only have two laws.  You already kno what they are.  Love god(which ever god you worship) and love your nieghbor.  If you break the first ne that is bad on you.  If you break the second one so long sucker.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#25    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,174 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

Mine was like that, only I am God...and all love me......it works perfectly

#26    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,402 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:29 AM

The idea of a "Christian country" leaves a bad taste.

#27    jmccr8

jmccr8

Psychic Spy

• 1,055 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

Well I had to think on that one a bit and I would want an Island in a nice warm place.It would be a tourist country a Mecca to come in from the cold and warm up,have fun.Thenall I'l do all day is bartend in an open air bar on the beach selling Mai Tais and Zombies to lonely secretaries on holidays.

jmccr8

#28    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• 1,442 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

View Postdanielost, on 10 October 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:

You all forgot one thing freedom of religion.

mine would be more "free FROM religion"....

#29    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,174 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

That seems redundant

#30    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,402 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com