Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

"Giant" Native Tribes of Ancient America

giant native america ancient history

• Please log in to reply
302 replies to this topic

#196    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,969 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:03 PM

Ha Ha kmt_ ,     cheez wiz huh?   i almost bought it !       I was trying to find out if bones can shrink or expand due to moisture content...  or if they all stay  " dry as a bone"  ;

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#197    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,743 posts

• Redbonz Stumpjumper from the swamps of Shamong

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

There was a article in one of the old ASNJ bulletins about a large tribe here in New Jersey and then there was that myth that the Susquehannock in Lancaster, P.A. were quite large but it turns out disarticulated skeletons always look larger and Europeans at the time of settlement were a lot smaller due to their terrible diets (not enough veggies).

Token Nanticoke
http://woodlandindia...orums/index.php
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump

#198    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,040 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:35 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 04 November 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

Swede is right about the dearth of fully complete skeletal remains. So many factors are at play with the decay of human remains, including what happens to the bones down through time.
No doubt this is due in part to the fact that they make such a delicious stock as well.

Connective tissue is also an important consideration.
No question about it, the amount of connective tissue will make or break the quality of the stock:

Fresh meat makes a superior stock and cuts rich in connective tissue such as shin or shoulder,... are commonly recommended,
Source

So to approximate connective tissues, a modern scientist will lay out the surviving bones in anatomical order, and squeeze copious amounts of Cheese Whiz between the bones to approximate the absent connective tissue.

This is true. Just ask Swede.

Okay, it's not true. I made up that last part.
Of course it's not true.  We all know they squeeze out Pâte a choux :

Posted Image
At left can be seen the usual application, at right is a cross-section of the brain of a fringer.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#199    cerberusxp

cerberusxp

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

• We all look for truth, however when we find it, some times we wish we hadn't. R. Burch

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:57 AM

Yes many were destroyed due to mistreatment by amateurs. My father witnessed this first hand in Arkansas. In the Missouri river basin near Harrisburg. The entire area has ponds and lakes with mounds in them. In 1921 my father was 7 years old, here is his story which he told me several times because I asked him to. ( He passed on in 2009 )
" We used to go fishing at this one pond and the best fishing spots were on the island in the middle of the pond. One of the guys decided he was going to dig in the mound, to find out why the fishing was better there, he discovered a skeleton buried standing up. He got help from others in the area and they dug up more several skeletons were dug up all were 7 to 9 feet tall with RED hair. There were also tools and jewelry made from bone, such as necklaces, sewing needles etc.. He said after being exposed to the air they began to crumble." He said the SHORTEST was 7ft a female.

Patagonian LINKY

Edited by cerberusxp, 06 November 2013 - 03:12 AM.

What we say and do unto others while here on earth are the vessels of our glory or undoing EXCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY
credentials http://www.unexplain...amp;pid=2291684

" I want the people of America to work less for the Government and more for themselves" Calvin Coolidge 1924
If one were to try and pidgin hole me I'd say I was a Jeffersonian liberal.

#200    Dragonwind

Dragonwind

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

View Postcerberusxp, on 06 November 2013 - 02:57 AM, said:

Yes many were destroyed due to mistreatment by amateurs. My father witnessed this first hand in Arkansas. In the Missouri river basin near Harrisburg. The entire area has ponds and lakes with mounds in them. In 1921 my father was 7 years old, here is his story which he told me several times because I asked him to. ( He passed on in 2009 )
" We used to go fishing at this one pond and the best fishing spots were on the island in the middle of the pond. One of the guys decided he was going to dig in the mound, to find out why the fishing was better there, he discovered a skeleton buried standing up. He got help from others in the area and they dug up more several skeletons were dug up all were 7 to 9 feet tall with RED hair. There were also tools and jewelry made from bone, such as necklaces, sewing needles etc.. He said after being exposed to the air they began to crumble." He said the SHORTEST was 7ft a female.

Patagonian LINKY
How big were the fish he was catching?  Were they THIS big??!! Or THIIIIISSSS BIGGG!!??!!

#201    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,743 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:49 AM

Black hair turns red with decomposition because it loses its pigmentation. It's now proven that the wooly mammoth even had black hair. I've also seen many American Indian babies born with red hair that always turns black. It has nothing to do with the 'ginger gene" which causes red hair and the only hair color variation among NDNs was a mutation among the Mandans which caused their hair to turn silver-grey in patches giving them silver streaks which sometimes look blond in sunlight.

Token Nanticoke
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump

#202    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,376 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

Patagonian LINKY
Cool story.   Remember that a skeleton will almost always loot and measure bigger than the person it belonged to.   This is because common people do not know how cramped together bone really are.

#203    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,743 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

View PostMyles, on 08 November 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

Cool story.   Remember that a skeleton will almost always loot and measure bigger than the person it belonged to.   This is because common people do not know how cramped together bone really are.

I've been on a dig where a Adena / Middlesex adult male who was probably a wolf shaman and extremely powerful was recovered and he averaged 5'6". I've also read all the reports on related finds (Ayers Mound, Wright Mound, Wolford Mound, the Rosenkranz Site) Nobody was over 6 feet. They were all chieftains, warriors or some members of a powerful wolf cult. I'd actually like to see a 2,000 year old skeleton in the Eastern United States with hair. That sounds like a old farmers B.S. story and with the amount of old farmers and their families I deal with identifying their surface finds. Iheard some whoppers. So 7' bones with red hair in Arkansas are the products of  "Pappy Haines" tall tales.

Edited by Piney, 09 November 2013 - 02:01 AM.

Token Nanticoke

-Donald Trump

#204    Gaden

Gaden

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

• simple but not simple minded

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:55 AM

.... My father witnessed this first hand in Arkansas. In the Missouri river basin near Harrisburg. ...
Patagonian LINKY

Either you meant the Mississipi, or you've lost all credibility.

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, I just can't get my head that far up my butt

#205    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,743 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

View PostGaden, on 09 November 2013 - 02:55 AM, said:

Either you meant the Mississipi, or you've lost all credibility.

I wasn't even gonna answer, but the "red hair" part was bugging me. "Pappy Haines" tale.......

Token Nanticoke

-Donald Trump

#206    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:42 AM

I live near and know some native people in the US.  Most are typically short.  But a few of their members are very very tall, around 6/1/2 feet, very massive with protruding brows, men and women alike.  These bigger tribespeople have more rowdy temperaments I've heard.  One large woman likes to go around getting in bar fights but basically besides that she has a kind and even temper, is a successful business woman and even friendly/likeable.  It's like fighting is fun for them, not stressful.  Like a past time.

The explanation could be interbreeding with other cryptid hominids strongly suspected to inhabit the US.  Cases of this happening have been found in Russia.  The one bigfoot woman had children.  They were very large and had violent streaks.  Note the strange location of the nerve hole in the jaw matches the strange skull found in the mound builder.  Quite far back.  http://www.cryptomun...news/khwit-dna/

Posted Image

For comparison, this thread's author's skull comparisons below:

Posted Image

One of these large natives is a good friend of my son's.  While native boy's cousins top out at 5' 5" or less, he is over 6 feet tall and big.   But he's doughy and not athletic; quite idle.  I have a generator I used to work on a remote cabin and always had the miserable task of loading it into my truck.  I'm no slouch.  I have a ranch and always have to move hay bales, heavy tools and muscle horses around.  My son is even bigger than I am.  But it always took two of us to load the generator in the back of my truck before I had to head out and work on the cabin.

One day I was loading tools and my son was busy.  His friend was over and I was frustrated waiting for my son to help load the generator in the truck.  I was complaining to his friend about it.  I turned around and turned back to see his friend holding the generator by himself.  He silently lifted it up and was holding it without strain or stress.  "Where do you want it" he asked.  I motioned to the truck, dumbfounded.  He set it up high in the big pickup like he was lifting a loaf of bread.  Since then I nicknamed him "strength of bear"...lol...

Edited by SSilhouette, 12 November 2013 - 08:12 AM.

#207    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,743 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

That just follows what I posted in the other thread. Ancient Australians developed a gracile form and a robust form due to environmental factors. The same probably happened in North America and because of the vast continent wide trade network during the Terminal Archaic and the raiding of other tribes these groups mixed. I have big oafs and little skinny shrimps (like myself) in my tribe too.

Token Nanticoke

-Donald Trump

#208    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

The way to tell how close anyone is to the bigfoot, as opposed to the neanderthal, would be to check one's dental x-rays to see if the nerve opening on the mandible was near the front teeth or clear back set behind the last molar.  This is a vast and stark difference in evolution & anatomy.  Imagine being a facial surgeon and cutting there "knowing" from all your classes that this opening was 3-4 inches farther forward.  You could paralyze a patient's face for life!

Note the neanderthal hole is located exactly where modern man's is, right near the front of the mouth or face.  The rear position on the jaw for this hole is a very odd & stark difference.  The only two skulls that bear it are the mound people [from the US where bigfoot reportings are off the charts and where native lore tells of inbreeding] and the Zana/Khwit skull which is a documented case of an actual bigfoot female being taken captive and used as a modern man's "wife"/slave and where their inbreeding bore out the Khwit skull...

The placement of that hole in the mandible is no fluke or anomoly.  It's the smoking gun..

Edited by SSilhouette, 12 November 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#209    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,743 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

I don't see how 2 different species can breed and have fertile offspring. Mules and ligers being the perfect example. NDNs might have some Homo erectus genes in there given the shovel incisors. But even though Skins are a horny bunch, bedding a swamp screamer is a bit tactless. :whistle:  and the offspring would definitely be sterile. :yes:

edit: for sentence structure

Edited by Piney, 12 November 2013 - 04:24 PM.

Token Nanticoke

-Donald Trump

#210    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

Well it's possible we and bigfoot aren't "two different species".  Ever notice the variation in the human population, especialy in America the melting pot?  A tiny hairless asian can stand next to a bulky, hairy Viking type and these can stand next to a muscular black person.  All three can look as different from each other as we do from bigfoot.  And all three can have viable offspring together.  Bigfoots are covered with hair from head to foot.  But then again so was one of my friend's dad's growing up.  The hair on his back was so thick and curled even that his wife had to brush it to keep it from matting.

Also tagged with giant, native, america, ancient, history

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users