Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Scientists confirm Planet X is real!

planet x doomsday apocalypse

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1    BettyTheYeti

BettyTheYeti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Scientists have just confirmed that the fabled 'Planet X' is real, and is no doubt heading our way as we speak!

Link: http://www.dailymail...ting-space.html

So far no one can tell just how much time we have left, but our days are certainly numbered now. Let's just hope society can keep it together, and not descend into chaos, after this earth-shattering (literally) news!

More on Planet X:
http://en.wikipedia....(disambiguation)
http://en.wikipedia....ibiru_cataclysm

#2    EnderOTD

EnderOTD

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

• I tried to enter my favorite quote but the data limit was breached so you get this. Pretty anti-climatic isn't it?

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

It's 80 lightyears away and shows no indication that it is heading our way, your source article makes no mention that it is or ever will be a threat.

#3    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostEnderOTD, on 10 October 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

It's 80 lightyears away and shows no indication that it is heading our way, your source article makes no mention that it is or ever will be a threat.
agreed, i need a respected source and dead facts that its a threat and i doubt itl happen in time for me to give a mouses butt

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#4    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,570 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

Please Go away...

Your ludicrous post is well just Ludicrous..

Edited by shaddow134, 10 October 2013 - 11:50 PM.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#5    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,802 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:53 AM

Why are you fear mongering?

#6    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,766 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:54 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 11 October 2013 - 12:53 AM, said:

Why are you fear mongering?
the same reason the media does it, for attention

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#7    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,841 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

View PostBettyTheYeti, on 10 October 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

Scientists have just confirmed that the fabled 'Planet X' is real, and is no doubt heading our way as we speak!

Link: http://www.dailymail...ting-space.html

So far no one can tell just how much time we have left, but our days are certainly numbered now. Let's just hope society can keep it together, and not descend into chaos, after this earth-shattering (literally) news!

More on Planet X:
http://en.wikipedia....(disambiguation)
http://en.wikipedia....ibiru_cataclysm
Think you need to read about this planet a little more in-depth. It's no threat to us.

Why people jump to these crazy conclusions I don't know - can you tell us why Betty?

Feel silly eh?

Posted Image

#8    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,821 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

The space probes we currently have would take apx 15,000 years to travel just one light year.  I doubt any planet would be moving faster than that...so, I really don't think we have much to worry about.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#9    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:57 AM

Welp. like an old friend of mine once said, "If planet X doesn't get you, then planets Y and Z surely will!"

My friend's kind of an idiot.

#10    BettyTheYeti

BettyTheYeti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:11 AM

Obviously we don't have anything to worry about yet, Earth is not due for its next extinction event for approximately 500 years, but that is still near enough for our descendants to worry about!

View Postkannin, on 10 October 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

agreed, i need a respected source and dead facts that its a threat

The Daily Mail is as respectable as they come. And of course the powers-that-be won't let the media say outright that the earth is doomed in a few years. Think of what that would do to society. That is why it is up to critical thinking minds like ours to read between the lines and pick up the obvious meaning of articles like these!
Although, I do suppose ignorance is bliss.

#11    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• 1,957 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

View PostBettyTheYeti, on 11 October 2013 - 02:11 AM, said:

Obviously we don't have anything to worry about yet, Earth is not due for its next extinction event for approximately 500 years, but that is still near enough for our descendants to worry about!

500 years? Really? I didn't know it was timetabled.

View PostBettyTheYeti, on 11 October 2013 - 02:11 AM, said:

The Daily Mail is as respectable as they come. And of course the powers-that-be won't let the media say outright that the earth is doomed in a few years. Think of what that would do to society. That is why it is up to critical thinking minds like ours to read between the lines and pick up the obvious meaning of articles like these!
Although, I do suppose ignorance is bliss.

I think you're confusing the terms 'critical thinking' and 'lunatic conspiracy theorist'.

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,602 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

The Earth has had life on it for more than four billion years without an annihilation event, and the extinction events have been separated by hundreds of millions of years, and should be something we already know about if one had our name on it.

#13    BettyTheYeti

BettyTheYeti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 11 October 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

The Earth has had life on it for more than four billion years without an annihilation event, and the extinction events have been separated by hundreds of millions of years, and should be something we already know about if one had our name on it.

What do you think killed the dinosaurs? Planet X is in orbit, and comes around every few million years. This has been pretty well proven, and is pretty much common knowledge by now, I thought? Anyway, Next time it is the human races turn!

( although I'm sure with as much information as we have now, the government is making its plans to save whoever they must.)

Edited by BettyTheYeti, 11 October 2013 - 03:47 AM.

#14    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,902 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:49 AM

This planet is a scientific discovery of something that was always suspected but never proven. It has absolutely nothing to do with our solar system and never will, so this thread is actually in the wrong forum.
http://www.ifa.hawai...s/LonelyPlanet/

Edited by Merc14, 11 October 2013 - 03:50 AM.

There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

#15    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,602 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

View PostBettyTheYeti, on 11 October 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

What do you think killed the dinosaurs? Planet X is in orbit, and comes around every few million years. This has been pretty well proven, and is pretty much common knowledge by now, I thought? Anyway, Next time it is the human races turn!

( although I'm sure with as much information as we have now, the government is making its plans to save whoever they must.)
You didn't read what I posted very well did you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users