Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Scientists confirm Planet X is real!

planet x doomsday apocalypse

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#16    BettyTheYeti

BettyTheYeti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:03 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 11 October 2013 - 03:51 AM, said:

You didn't read what I posted very well did you?

No, I think you are the one who didn't read what I posted. More specifically:

View PostFrank Merton, on 11 October 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

The Earth has had life on it for more than four billion years without an annihilation event, and the extinction events have been separated by hundreds of millions of years, and should be something we already know about if one had our name on it.
Clearly this is something we do already know about, and just because we have a few hundred years left doesn't mean we shouldn't take this more seriously!

#17    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 3,673 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

What do you think killed the dinosaurs? Planet X is in orbit, and comes around every few million years. This has been pretty well proven, and is pretty much common knowledge by now, I thought? Anyway, Next time it is the human races turn!

Would you like to explain what you are referring to? Planet X has been disproved and decades ago. You even linked to places that state the reason it was disproved or did you gloss over that. The thingy that comes every few million years ago has also been shown to not exist.

1. Find out what Voyager 2 discovered on its flyby of Neptune
2. Find out why Shoemaker showed Nemesis cannot exist

Both of those are as you say "pretty much common knowledge by now"

#18    jesspy

jesspy

Full of Wisdumb

• 8,097 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:27 AM

Maybe its on a very very large orbit. Could it be orbiting a black hole? Could it be a death star?

I like [the artists impression the colour is pretty.

Mind tricks don't work on me, only money.

#19    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,126 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

View PostBettyTheYeti, on 11 October 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

What do you think killed the dinosaurs? Planet X is in orbit, and comes around every few million years. This has been pretty well proven, and is pretty much common knowledge by now, I thought? Anyway, Next time it is the human races turn!

( although I'm sure with as much information as we have now, the government is making its plans to save whoever they must.)

Posted Image

What a stupid thread.

Posted Image

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 11 October 2013 - 04:46 AM.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#20    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,994 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 11 October 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

The Earth has had life on it for more than four billion years without an annihilation event, and the extinction events have been separated by hundreds of millions of years, and should be something we already know about if one had our name on it.

We are in the sixth extinction event.  Nature may be using huhmans to cause and rescue some.  Those animals that can adjust to us being in charge will survive and those who can't won't.  Same options given during the last five times.  Somme animals are thriving under our rule some aren't.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#21    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,994 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

Planet x is haleys comet.  Ever now and then it has a short or no tail as seen from earth.  But the carona is nice and big.

There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#22    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 3,673 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

View Postdanielost, on 11 October 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

Planet x is haleys comet.  Ever now and then it has a short or no tail as seen from earth.  But the carona is nice and big.

Halley's comet cannot be Planet X. It does not have sufficient mass.

View Postjesspy, on 11 October 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

Maybe its on a very very large orbit. Could it be orbiting a black hole? Could it be a death star?

I like [the artists impression the colour is pretty.

If Planet X were orbiting a black hole then it would not be orbiting the Sun.

#23    jules99

jules99

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:04 AM

Dinosaurs went extinct 66 million years ago and this planet was only formed 12 million years ago, so it obviously travelled back in time to wipe out the dino's

Edited by jules99, 11 October 2013 - 05:04 AM.

#24    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,994 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

View Poststereologist, on 11 October 2013 - 05:03 AM, said:

Halley's comet cannot be Planet X. It does not have sufficient mass.

If Planet X were orbiting a black hole then it would not be orbiting the Sun.

It is true that a comet does not have much mass.  But, the empire that reported it, babylon couldn't have known it mass just its size.  And, it may not have been haleys but it was a comet or several.

#25    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,396 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

View Postdanielost, on 11 October 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

Planet X couldn't be Halley's Comet since the latter never gets even 1 light-year away from the sun.

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt, 11 October 2013 - 05:18 AM.

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#26    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

has a cape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

i'm still getting a kick out of the daily mail being called "respectable"!

#27    Cynical Sounds

Cynical Sounds

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

• "Do you have any evidence for that?"

"there's more to life than evidence. "

......"Get in the ****ing sack"

Dara O'Brien

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

So just to sum up your hypothesis
a planet formed after the dinosaurs were wiped out and 6 times the mass of Jupiter

Hit earth and only caused a mass extinction event (of the afore mentioned already dead dinosaurs) rather than I don't know completely destroying earth (remembering that 6 time the mass of Jupiter meaning its 1902 times the mass of the earth).

I can see why some people won't be taking this thread too seriously.

I Don't Know Does Not Mean You're Right

#28    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,846 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

View PostBettyTheYeti, on 10 October 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

Scientists have just confirmed that the fabled 'Planet X' is real, and is no doubt heading our way as we speak!
There are stars closer to us than this planet. Are they also headed this way just to destroy us?

#29    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

OK, now where in the world did 'planet x' idea even come from? Why in the world would anyone assume such a thing?

The find of this planet is astoundingly wonderful!! And probably a lucky find, however.. it is 80 light years away and I seriously think it is 'aimed' for earth.

Think about it.. 80 LIGHT YEARS away from us. Alpha centauri is a little over 4 light yrs from us. Really really not close, eh?

I just do not understand why such a beautiful stunning scientific find must be turned into something so stupid as a theory of 'planet x'.

Maybe I need to be thicker skinned then this, but sheesh, it sort of irks me that science has to be 'bruised' by an idea of something so silly.

I have no problem with some theories and even what *I* consider silly ideas, however does this mean every astounding find has to be reduced to such levels? Find something that is closer to actually matching your theory or idea before jumping the gun at something.

**ok, I am getting off my high horse and going to go find a thicker coat to put on**

Edited by willowdreams, 11 October 2013 - 10:23 AM.

Posted Image

#30    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,989 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostBettyTheYeti, on 11 October 2013 - 02:11 AM, said:

The Daily Mail is as respectable as they come.

You lost me at this... :mellow:

Edited by Leonardo, 11 October 2013 - 10:32 AM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users