Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Exploding Toilet Leaves Man Scared To Flush

michel pierre toilet exploding porcelain shards

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,363 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

A man has been seriously injured after a toilet exploded in his face when he was checking the water pressure in his New York apartment.

Michel Pierre needed 30 stitches after his face, arms and legs were struck by shards of porcelain.

http://uk.news.yahoo...66.html#dqVHTVp

Posted Image

#2    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

"The 58-year-old, who was temporarily knocked unconscious by the blast, is now so scared his loo will burst again that he flushes it using a rope while hiding behind his bathroom door."

That's standard safety procedure in our house for at least the 24 hours following a Vindaloo curry!   Posted Image

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#3    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,410 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 12 October 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

A man has been seriously injured after a toilet exploded in his face when he was checking the water pressure in his New York apartment.

What a crappy thing to happen! :innocent:

*sorry* :blush:

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users