Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Document justifies NSA collecting phone recs.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,441 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

Washington Post said:

In the recent stream of disclosures about National Security Agency surveillance programs, one document, sources say, has been conspicuously absent: the original — and still classified — judicial interpretation that held that the bulk collection of Americans’ data was lawful.

That document, written by Colleen Kollar-Kotelly, then chief judge of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC), provided the legal foundation for the NSA amassing a database of all Americans’ phone records, say current and former officials who have read it.

Now, more officials are saying that Americans should be able to read and understand how an important precedent was established under the 2001 USA Patriot Act, which was passed after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

Traveler of both time and space

• 4,105 posts

• I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

Big Brother is watching. I think the Patriot act is the most heinous action by the US government since the internment of American citizens of Japanese decent during WWII and should be repealed. Assuming, of course that congress ever goes back to work.

#3    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,240 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

Justin Amish lead the charge to try and defund it in the house. I forget how much they last by but it was a slim number. The tricky thing with the NSA is that the support/opposition for it is split in both parties.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#4    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adapt to Survive

• 4,352 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

in a moral sense I understand its a tricky situation.  But, if i was in government, I'd want things like this in place. So, i tend to side FOR rather than against

Peace does nothing to test strength

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users