Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Republican congressman goes ballistic on Cruz

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#16    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,295 posts

• ראה

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

View Postjoc, on 14 October 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

Ted Cruz took on the Establishment in Texas and won...now he is taking on the Washington Establishment...and winning...or did you not get the memo about the WWII barricades that ended up in front of the WhiteHouse?
I've lived in Texas, and I liked the people there, but this guy makes my skin crawl. I've also loved every reality show that I've seen on Alaska, but I cannot stand Sarah Palin.

Cruz and Palin should start their own party. I would have total respect for them if they did that. I might even listen to what they've got to say if they broke away from the Republican establishment. I hope they're thinking about this, because they don't belong in the GOP.

Edited by Raptor Witness, 14 October 2013 - 08:07 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#17    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

I don't see how shutting down the government is taking on the establishment. Once it ends, they'll be back at square one. Political opposition should be about scrutiny and alternatives, not obstruction.

Life is the result of the struggle between dynamic opposites Form & Chaos, Substance & Oblivion, Light & Dark And all the infinite variations of Yin & Yang
When the pendulum swings in favour of one It will eventually swing in favour of it's opposite Thus the balance of the universe is maintained

-Jeru the Damaja

#18    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,002 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

The United States seems to have just about the least mature group of politicians running it and the least mature electorate of any country on this planet.

#19    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,827 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

View Postspartan max2, on 14 October 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

Everyone is like " We want change, our government is corrupt screw the establishment blah blah blah".

Then some politicians show up and actually go against the establishment and decide to do something new and people are like "radicals!, crazy extremist!"

If everyone wants change then that means we actually have to do something new. But if you do something new then that inherently makes you a "radical"

Big business is funding a candidate to go against Justin Amish( a ron paul type Libertarian leaning candidate). The establishment republicans do not like the new republicans and the establishment democrats do not.

The military industrial complex doesn't like the new republicans because they actually don't want to intervene everywhere. And they want to end foreign aid to dictators.

All the established powers that be are going after these guys. Why? because they are actual wanting change unlike the false campaigned promises our presidents keep giving us.

Im no fan boy of the tea party, I think they are a little to moralist and Christian based.  But I like their non interventionist , their strong stance on the constitution and some of their civil rights views.

My point is you want change. Well real change is actually here. You can accept it or call them radicals and continue making the same mistakes we have been for the past decades.

Bravo

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#20    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,827 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

Cruz was hired to represent the people who hired him. Nothing more, nothing less. Regardless of what anyone says, the global economy is going to collapse. Now just ask your self this, come that time, do you want someone in charge who will represent the will of the people. Or do you want another 0bama/McCain who will clearly represent the will of the bank? This isnt rocket science folks. Its so sad to see main stream still forming most of your opinions for you.

#21    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,002 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

You say the world economy is going to collapse.  On the basis of that I should believe you know what you are talking about?

#22    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,827 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Its happened before, with far less debt then what we see today. Hell America cant afford its interest payment on nearly 20 trillion bucks.

#23    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,002 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

I don't thing you've thought that through at all well.  "Collapse?"

#24    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

View Postand then, on 13 October 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

I think it will be almost comical if the world economy goes belly up because of this silliness.  And it would give the lie to the idea that some ultra rich cabal is puppeteering the processes.

I think the term " National Security " will floated on many networks all day Thursday.

There better be an 11th Hour Compromise or the U.S. Military may conduct a military coup.

If they did then they would need to put someone like President Jimmy Carter in charge of the nation until things calm down.

#25    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 14 October 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

Cruz was hired to represent the people who hired him. Nothing more, nothing less. Regardless of what anyone says, the global economy is going to collapse. Now just ask your self this, come that time, do you want someone in charge who will represent the will of the people. Or do you want another 0bama/McCain who will clearly represent the will of the bank? This isnt rocket science folks. Its so sad to see main stream still forming most of your opinions for you.

Senator Ted Cruz is 10 foot tall and bulletproof. All of the name calling was a waste of time and only made him stronger.

The main problem today is that Obama got - punked - by Putin over Syria. In order to recover Obama must DEMAND

an unconditional surrender from the House of Representatives.  He will not get it.

Dana Perino made a few phone calls when she returned to Washington D.C. on Sunday.

Speaker John Boehner has a plan and it's a good one!

A perfect storm has been created.

#26    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

View Postjoc, on 14 October 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

The Cancer is the OBAMA Administration!   The Cancer is the Left.  Ted Cruz is an honorable Texan and now....a National Hero...Tear Down That Wall!
I know what you think about the Tea Party.  What do you think about the Communist Party....yeah...

To expand on this Cruz isn't a national hero, right now he's the guy the GOP has shoved forward to take the blame for the shutdown. He's the guy who saying that if you can't get what you want through legal means then go take a hostage. And I don't give a damn about the Communist Party because they're in no position to have any say in how the US is being run. The Tea Party does and they've screwed up big time. The rest of the world is wondering just what the heck is in the water that makes you guys actually support these actions.

My point is you want change. Well real change is actually here. You can accept it or call them radicals and continue making the same mistakes we have been for the past decades.

Change is needed and the US government is in bad need of reform. However the Tea Party doesn't want reform. They want to burn everything to the ground. That's why people are calling them radicals and nutcases. Because they are. Maybe if they had stuck with their original message of working to cut spending, putting in reasonable reforms, etc they would have more support. But their current "let it all burn" outlook isn't going to help anyone.

The biggest danger to the global economy is the shutdown. If the GOP would just stop being bitter and act like a reasonable opposition party and end this farce of theirs the global economy might be in better shape. The whole world is looking at this crisis and they all agree that the GOP and the Tea Party are to blame and that they need to cut their crap before they end up doing real damage. It's not rocket science.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#27    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,299 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostCorp, on 14 October 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

The biggest danger to the global economy is the shutdown. If the GOP would just stop being bitter and act like a reasonable opposition party and end this farce of theirs the global economy might be in better shape. The whole world is looking at this crisis and they all agree that the GOP and the Tea Party are to blame and that they need to cut their crap before they end up doing real damage. It's not rocket science.

Which one of the three parties in Congress are you talking about? If something has become evident it is that there is no more GOP, just three parties trying to dress with the hide of the dead horse  elephant.

Edited by questionmark, 14 October 2013 - 03:03 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#28    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,688 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 14 October 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

I've lived in Texas, and I liked the people there, but this guy makes my skin crawl. I've also loved every reality show that I've seen on Alaska, but I cannot stand Sarah Palin.

Cruz and Palin should start their own party. I would have total respect for them if they did that. I might even listen to what they've got to say if they broke away from the Republican establishment. I hope they're thinking about this, because they don't belong in the GOP.
Neither Cruz or Palin are part of the Republican Establishment...no one stands a chance in a 3rd party and everyone knows that.   You don't have to like them.  But the ONE thing they both stand for is the 'real' America...where Freedom reigns.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#29    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,688 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

never mind

Edited by joc, 14 October 2013 - 03:09 PM.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#30    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Everyone is like " We want change, our government is corrupt screw the establishment blah blah blah".

Then some politicians show up and actually go against the establishment and decide to do something new and people are like "radicals!, crazy extremist!"

If everyone wants change then that means we actually have to do something new. But when you do something new then that inherently makes you a "radical"

Big business is funding a candidate to go against Justin Amish( a ron paul type Libertarian leaning candidate). The establishment republicans do not like the new republicans and the establishment democrats do not.

The military industrial complex doesn't like the new republicans because they actually don't want to intervene everywhere. And they want to end foreign aid to dictators.

All the established powers that be are going after these guys. Why? because they are actual wanting change unlike the false campaigned promises our presidents keep giving us.

Im no fan boy of the tea party, I think they are a little to moralist and Christian based.  But I like their non interventionist , their strong stance on the constitution and some of their civil rights views.

Bingo! :tu:

I agree with you about the Tea Party. I like Some of the things they stand for, especially the Constitution, but they seem a little too religious for me...Not that I don't believe in God or Jesus or anything, I do and I read the Bible, but I don't like, religion being shoved in my face too much. It's my private business....

Considering Paul and Cruz stance on issues, like ending our interventionist policies and foreign aid the corporate controlled media doesn't like them too much.....And it shows with all these hit pieces against them....And that includes Fox News as well.....

I wish people would quite listening to the corporate controlled media....

Just like yesterday with the Vets March.....When the mainstream media decided to finally cover it, they spun the story saying not many people were there, and that they were racists because one person brought a Confederate Flag..... :td:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users