Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Republican congressman goes ballistic on Cruz

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,238 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

View PostAlmagest, on 14 October 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

I don't see how shutting down the government is taking on the establishment. Once it ends, they'll be back at square one. Political opposition should be about scrutiny and alternatives, not obstruction.
The Establishment to me is trillions of dollars in spending of the peoples' money.   This is nipping at the Establishment's pant legs at least.   I think it's a coming to earth moment for some of our politicians who are quietly admitting just how pathetic they've been with the country's finances and its citizens' production.

And all the cross fire back and forth along party lines is just silly.   The one and only thing that's bipartisan about this issue is kicking the can down the road.  So I'm not sure what to say about people who prefer either the blue clown car or the red one to drive them there.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#32    preacherman76

preacherman76

Ntwadumela- He who greets with fire

• 12,665 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostCorp, on 14 October 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

The biggest danger to the global economy is the shutdown. If the GOP would just stop being bitter and act like a reasonable opposition party and end this farce of theirs the global economy might be in better shape. The whole world is looking at this crisis and they all agree that the GOP and the Tea Party are to blame and that they need to cut their crap before they end up doing real damage. It's not rocket science.

Thank you CNN. Let me get this right. The greatest threat to the global economy is our governments "shut down" in which hardly anything at all is actualy shut down? It isnt that we have piled up so much debt we can never ever hope to pay it back? The global economy is being intentionaly destroyed from the inside out, and they are using the tea party to make sure that when it does, you idiots will turn to the same people who intentionaly screwed you to fix it. Sure, blame the one small group on the block who actualy talk about fiscal responcibility and living with in ones means. You are right, this isnt rocket science. Its hardly basic reading, yet here you go right down the path they wanted you to take.

Edited by preacherman76, 15 October 2013 - 10:45 AM.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#33    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 15 October 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

Thank you CNN. Let me get this right. The greatest threat to the global economy is our governments "shut down" in which hardly anything at all is actualy shut down? It isnt that we have piled up so much debt we can never ever hope to pay it back? The global economy is being intentionaly destroyed from the inside out, and they are using the tea party to make sure that when it does, you idiots will turn to the same people who intentionally screwed you to fix it. Sure, blame the one small group on the block who actually talk about fiscal responsibility and living with in ones means. You are right, this isn't rocket science. Its hardly basic reading, yet here you go right down the path they wanted you to take.

Good News: Senator Ted Cruz won the straw poll. :tu:

More Good News: Now other networks are attacking ObamaCare

#34    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostCorp, on 14 October 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

Change is needed and the US government is in bad need of reform. However the Tea Party doesn't want reform. They want to burn everything to the ground. That's why people are calling them radicals and nutcases. Because they are. Maybe if they had stuck with their original message of working to cut spending, putting in reasonable reforms, etc they would have more support. But their current "let it all burn" outlook isn't going to help anyone.

We agree on your opening sentence.  As to the next sentence, there is no 'tea party'.  The Tea Party is actually a grass roots movement that involves millions of people who are fed up with an ever expanding, ever spending, never listening Federal Government.  There isn't a 'tea party' leader...I consider myself to be a 'tea party' member even though there isn't any membership.  It's really just as I said, millions of people just like me...and we DO want reform.  The reform we want is BACK to the Constitution as the rule of law.  The only one calling them Radicals and Nutcases are those on the Left...and the left is in the process of burning 'it', the constitutional law...down.
I don't think you really understand the deep problem with 'ObamaCare'.  No one...NO ONE..no person, no government entity has the right to tell me that I have to buy anything.  That is the primary, fundamental concrete foundation of Freedom.  Once the government begins (as they already have) to tell you that you MUST buy a certain thing..regardless of what that thing is...it is only a matter of time before they mandate that you must buy or 'do' something else.  If they can tell you that you must buy insurance...soon they will be telling you that you cannot buy cigarettes or that you cannot buy a car that gets less than a government mandated mpg rating.  It is a slippery slope that lessens the Freedoms that you and I both have.  The end result of all of this is Communism or some form of Totalitarianism.  Once the bastion of freedom and liberty in the world isn't free itself...your freedoms in Canada will begin to diminish.  Once that happens...the net of State-ism will entrap us all to the whims of the government.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#35    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

View Postjoc, on 15 October 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

We agree on your opening sentence.  As to the next sentence, there is no 'tea party'.  The Tea Party is actually a grass roots movement that involves millions of people who are fed up with an ever expanding, ever spending, never listening Federal Government.  There isn't a 'tea party' leader...I consider myself to be a 'tea party' member even though there isn't any membership.  It's really just as I said, millions of people just like me...and we DO want reform.  The reform we want is BACK to the Constitution as the rule of law.  The only one calling them Radicals and Nutcases are those on the Left...and the left is in the process of burning 'it', the constitutional law...down.
I don't think you really understand the deep problem with 'ObamaCare'.  No one...NO ONE..no person, no government entity has the right to tell me that I have to buy anything.  That is the primary, fundamental concrete foundation of Freedom.  Once the government begins (as they already have) to tell you that you MUST buy a certain thing..regardless of what that thing is...it is only a matter of time before they mandate that you must buy or 'do' something else.  If they can tell you that you must buy insurance...soon they will be telling you that you cannot buy cigarettes or that you cannot buy a car that gets less than a government mandated mpg rating.  It is a slippery slope that lessens the Freedoms that you and I both have.  The end result of all of this is Communism or some form of Totalitarianism.  Once the bastion of freedom and liberty in the world isn't free itself...your freedoms in Canada will begin to diminish.  Once that happens...the net of State-ism will entrap us all to the whims of the government.

Many people left Europe and arrived in the USA in order to flee tyranny.

History is replete with democracies going tyrannical.  It happened in France in the19th century.  It happened in Spain, Germany, Italy and Japan.

Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

#36    joc

joc

• 14,465 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 15 October 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

Many people left Europe and arrived in the USA in order to flee tyranny.

History is replete with democracies going tyrannical.  It happened in France in the19th century.  It happened in Spain, Germany, Italy and Japan.

Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it.
This is exactly why, for decades, the NEA has been actively involved in 'dumbing down' America.  Case in point...I have a very bright, A student, 16 year old daughter in high school (junior) who doesn't know anything about WWII.  When asked point blank...she couldn't name an American President who was shot dead in Dallas, TX in November of 1963!  She does however know that Hitler was a bad man...but knows nothing about the war...who was involved in it...America's roll, etc.  It isn't because she is stupid...she is ignorant...an entire generation is ignorant of the history you mentioned Ken.   Ignorant because our schools are not teaching them history.  American or otherwise.  And they came up with a very 'clever' way to get them to not read books.   My daughter loved books before she went to school...once she was in school she was 'forced' to read a book and then tested on the book.   When you tell kids they MUST read...the end result is that they hate reading and therefore only read what is absolutely necessary...unlike our generation that read for pleasure.
America has been dumbed down to the point where...think about it...people who KNOW they have a limit on their government welfare debit card...when told there is 'no limit'...spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars that they don't have at a Walmart store, ....we are so doomed...

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#37    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

View Postjoc, on 15 October 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

This is exactly why, for decades, the NEA has been actively involved in 'dumbing down' America.  Case in point...I have a very bright, A student, 16 year old daughter in high school (junior) who doesn't know anything about WWII.  When asked point blank...she couldn't name an American President who was shot dead in Dallas, TX in November of 1963!  She does however know that Hitler was a bad man...but knows nothing about the war...who was involved in it...America's roll, etc.  It isn't because she is stupid...she is ignorant...an entire generation is ignorant of the history you mentioned Ken.   Ignorant because our schools are not teaching them history.  American or otherwise.  And they came up with a very 'clever' way to get them to not read books.   My daughter loved books before she went to school...once she was in school she was 'forced' to read a book and then tested on the book.   When you tell kids they MUST read...the end result is that they hate reading and therefore only read what is absolutely necessary...unlike our generation that read for pleasure.
America has been dumbed down to the point where...think about it...people who KNOW they have a limit on their government welfare debit card...when told there is 'no limit'...spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars that they don't have at a Walmart store, ....we are so doomed...

Tell her that Hitler - burned - the books, then the intellectuals fled Germany.

Then the remaining useful idiots were easily seduced by Hitlers speeches and propaganda.

Knowledge is power.

Move her to a private school.

#38    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

View Postjoc, on 15 October 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

If you want reform, then put in reform. Don't threaten the world economy like a bunch of economic terrorists because you can't accept that Obamacare has become a law. Don't come to an agreement on reforms and then change your mind because you want 100% of your demands met. Don't go and punish the American people for daring to disagree with your views. The only people that are threatening American freedoms are the Tea Party supporters. They've decided that a vocal minority in Congress should have complete control over how the government should be run. That mob rule and threats is the way things should be done. Have you've been enslaved because you need to buy car insurance? Have you lost all your freedom because you need to buy home insurance? Why no you haven't. But for some reason health care is going to doom everyone. Meanwhile the rest of the Western world, which has government run health care and very much enjoys it, is wondering why the hell you're flipping out about it, to the point where you're threatening our countries over your temper tantrum.

It's the same old song, that any kind of government involvement is evil because of FREEDOM! And that no other country can understand because of MERICA! Well I have news for you government involvement has done a lot of good. Like drinking clean water? Thank the government for that for ensuring that people don't turn rivers and lakes into garbage dumps. And as much as Tea Party supporters like to think they're the only ones who understand what freedom is, that's not the case. The rest of the Western World is plenty free without all the government hate. Without the view that the worst possible outcome must be the only one that should be considered. There's no loss of freedom up here. Canada is doing just fine. Our only concern is that all our work to maintain our economy will be for nothing if the GOP decides to shoot the US in the head. You want to talk about loss of freedom? Well if things go bad then you very well might see those fears become reality. And it will all be thanks to the GOP and the Tea Party pushing them off the cliff.

Edited by Corp, 15 October 2013 - 04:08 PM.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#39    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostCorp, on 15 October 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

If you want reform, then put in reform. Don't threaten the world economy like a bunch of economic terrorists because you can't accept that Obamacare has become a law. Don't come to an agreement on reforms and then change your mind because you want 100% of your demands met. Don't go and punish the American people for daring to disagree with your views. The only people that are threatening American freedoms are the Tea Party supports. They've decided that a voice minority in Congress should have complete control over how the government should be run. That mob rule and threats is the way things should be done. Have you've been enslaved because you need to buy car insurance? Have you lost all your freedom because you need to buy home insurance? Why no you haven't. But for some reason health care is going to doom everyone. Meanwhile the rest of the Western world, which has government run health care and very much enjoys it, is wondering why the hell you're flipping out about it, to the point where you're threatening our countries over your temper tantrum.

It's the same old song, that any kind of government involvement is evil because of FREEDOM! And that no other country can understand because of MERICA! Well I have news for you government involvement has done a lot of good. Like drinking clean water? Thank the government for that for ensuring that don't turn rivers and lakes into garbage dumps. And as much as Tea Party supporters like to think they're the only ones who understand what freedom is, that's not the case. The rest of the Western World is plenty free without all the government hate. Without the view that the worst possible outcome must be the only one that should be considered. There's no loss of freedom up here. Canada is doing just fine. Our only concern is that all our work to maintain our economy will be for nothing if the GOP decides to shoot the US in the head. You want to talk about loss of freedom? Well if things go bad then you very well might see those fears become reality. And it will all be thanks to the GOP and the Tea Party pushing them off the cliff.

Reid is behaving like an economic terrorist by demanding changes to the Law of the Land : Sequester !

#40    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 15 October 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

Reid is behaving like an economic terrorist by demanding changes to the Law of the Land : Sequester !

The Dems and the GOP has an agreement months ago. The Dems agreed to cuts that were deeper that those put forward by Ryan years ago. The GOP then decided that they were going to back out of the agreement and demand even more. The Dems correctly ignored them, figuring that a shutdown wouldn't happen. Then the GOP changed the voting rules at the last minute to ensure that there was a shutdown. And you want to talk about the Law of the Land? Well how about ignoring the set up of the American government and deciding that only Congress is allow to have any say in policy. That the President, Senate, and Supreme Court are all meaningless. Oh the public doesn't want a shutdown? Well let's ignore them too.

As much as you're trying to ignore reality the truth is that the GOP and their Tea Party members are to blame for this whole mess and they're opening the door for ensuring that any time there's a political disagreement that threatening the nation's well being in or to get everything you want is the way to go.

I wonder if in the future if the Dems take the country hostage to get what they want if you'll be cheering them on as well.

Edited by Corp, 15 October 2013 - 04:15 PM.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#41    joc

joc

• 14,465 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostCorp, on 15 October 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

If you want reform, then put in reform. Don't threaten the world economy like a bunch of economic terrorists because you can't accept that Obamacare has become a law. Don't come to an agreement on reforms and then change your mind because you want 100% of your demands met. Don't go and punish the American people for daring to disagree with your views. The only people that are threatening American freedoms are the Tea Party supporters. They've decided that a vocal minority in Congress should have complete control over how the government should be run. That mob rule and threats is the way things should be done. Have you've been enslaved because you need to buy car insurance? Have you lost all your freedom because you need to buy home insurance? Why no you haven't. But for some reason health care is going to doom everyone. Meanwhile the rest of the Western world, which has government run health care and very much enjoys it, is wondering why the hell you're flipping out about it, to the point where you're threatening our countries over your temper tantrum.

It's the same old song, that any kind of government involvement is evil because of FREEDOM! And that no other country can understand because of MERICA! Well I have news for you government involvement has done a lot of good. Like drinking clean water? Thank the government for that for ensuring that people don't turn rivers and lakes into garbage dumps. And as much as Tea Party supporters like to think they're the only ones who understand what freedom is, that's not the case. The rest of the Western World is plenty free without all the government hate. Without the view that the worst possible outcome must be the only one that should be considered. There's no loss of freedom up here. Canada is doing just fine. Our only concern is that all our work to maintain our economy will be for nothing if the GOP decides to shoot the US in the head. You want to talk about loss of freedom? Well if things go bad then you very well might see those fears become reality. And it will all be thanks to the GOP and the Tea Party pushing them off the cliff.
If Obama has the final vote...and he does...then...if we go over the cliff...it is his fault and on other.  When Bush said , Read My Lips, No New Taxes...and then he passed a huge tax increase anyway...who bore the blame for that?  Bush did.  It's called Checks and Balances my friend.  If Obama is checkmated then he must concede...and if Republicans stand their ground...and Obama doesn't concede...it it HIS fault and no other.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#42    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,757 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

View Postjoc, on 15 October 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

If Obama has the final vote...and he does...then...if we go over the cliff...it is his fault and on other.  When Bush said , Read My Lips, No New Taxes...and then he passed a huge tax increase anyway...who bore the blame for that?  Bush did.  It's called Checks and Balances my friend.  If Obama is checkmated then he must concede...and if Republicans stand their ground...and Obama doesn't concede...it it HIS fault and no other.

Just get the Republicans to agree among themselves, if you jave not noticed the fight in the last two days was not between Obama and anybody but between Senate and House Republicans...and as long as the House and Senate don't agree Obama can keep on playing golf. None of his bidness until then.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#43    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 15 October 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

Just get the Republicans to agree among themselves, if you jave not noticed the fight in the last two days was not between Obama and anybody but between Senate and House Republicans...and as long as the House and Senate don't agree Obama can keep on playing golf. None of his bidness until then.

Obama just made a tactical error: Reject the House Alternative Plan

Speaker Boehner: You haven't even heard it yet!  LOL

#44    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 10,170 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 15 October 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

Obama just made a tactical error: Reject the House Alternative Plan

Speaker Boehner: You haven't even heard it yet!  LOL
No-one's going to hear it, either. It just stalled. Not enough votes.

#45    joc

joc

• 14,465 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

View PostTiggs, on 15 October 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

No-one's going to hear it, either. It just stalled. Not enough votes.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Maybe the Republicans have more guts than I thought.

I mean seriously, why don't the Democrats just sign the bill already presented to them by the House?  No one wants the damn tax in there anyway...except Democrats...and hell, they NEED to postpone the Obamacare thing for a year anyway because it isn't even working...no one wants it...and it is going to implode if they don't fix it...so...I don't see what their beef is really.

Edited by joc, 16 October 2013 - 03:52 AM.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users