Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

My UFO experience

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    BettyTheYeti

BettyTheYeti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

It has been a few years since this happened, but I thought I would share this sighting anyway, and get some opinions on what exactly it was that I saw.
This happened a few years back. I must have been around eighteen at the time. It was night time, about eight o'clock (dark at that time of year), and a friend and I had driven to a road running along the back of the local airport for a smoke. To give you an idea of the area, there is the airport runway, then diagonally across from this is a thick growth if trees. On the other side of the trees is a small paddock. This leads up a hill to the road, which gets a great view of the entire area (great for watching planes come and go). As we began to drive over the top of the hill we saw an orange glow, that grew brighter until at the top of the hill we saw an orange object in the paddock below.
The best description I can give is that it was shaped rather like an umbrella, and the entire thing was glowing an orange white colour (the kind of appearance super heated metals get).
After watching for a few minutes we left to find a way to get closer to the paddock, and didn't see the object again.
Judging from the size of the paddock when we made it down there, this thing was somewhere between 20 to 30 metres across.

It was after this that I took a real interest in UFOs.

We'll that is the gist of my experience. Pretty run-of-the-mill stuff, I know, but an amazing night all the same!

#2    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Government Agent

• 3,625 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

Let me ask you a serious question.Looking back on this,do you think moving to get a closer look was strange behavior on your groups behalf?Or do you think it was normal for the time?

Posted Image
Leviticus 14 2 Peter 1:16
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "The Mythical Jesus"
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=272571 <--Science of belief

#3    BettyTheYeti

BettyTheYeti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:05 AM

I think I was completely normal to want to get a better look at something so amazing.

#4    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

• The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

I saw an alien spirit once and was visited on another occasion. My brother, who is not a liar said that he saw a UFO. I'm definitely a believer.

#5    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,407 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

GIven that its near an airport, and the general description of the glowiness, I'd say it sounds like a weather balloon, or a light used to help guideplanes.

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#6    cedarcarver1

cedarcarver1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

• The things we do just to do the things we do.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

I've rarely told this to anyone - much less to complete strangers, but oh well!  Most everyone who knows me thinks I'm kind've strange.  Rather reclusive, actually.  My wife and I.  Anyway . . .

I'm pushing sixty, so, this concerns one event, among others, I seen off and on for years.  Let me dust it off for ya . . .

I grew up in a rural area of southern Oklahoma.  Back then, any vehicle traveling a highway, or rural road, after ten p.m. was either a traveler, a trucker, or coonhunter.  Vehicular traffic after that time was rare.

The night I'm talking about took place on a cool, late September night.

My entire family at that time consisted of my mother and dad, a younger sister, two little brothers and my grandfather.

We had been visiting some relatives earlier that evening who had lived about twenty miles away; we didn't start for our home until around ten-thirty p.m.

My youngest brother was still a toddler, held by my mother in the front seat while my dad drove our old car south, along an old county road.  I sat in the back, my sister next to me, while my other little brother slept on my grandfather's lap.

There was a moon rising to our east as we topped the hill that led down a long slope which showed the highway two miles distant.

I was a bit sleepy, my head tilted back, watching the stars above us through the back windshield.  I remember I was fantasizing about the stars being a space fleet that seemed to move with us toward a destination somewhere in the galaxy.  Being only 11 years-old, I had time on my hands, waiting and wanting us to hurry and get home to bed.

When the car started down the slope, I kept looking straight up at the stars, and noticed one light that seemed brighter than the rest.  At that time, I became aware that it was actually moving above the south-bound road we were on - a slight distance behind us - going in the same direction.

Even back then, I knew aircraft had clearance lights that flashed green, yellow or red on certain parts of the fuselage.  Oddly enough, this particular craft only had one large, pale light that didn't outline a helicopter nor airplane.

When I turned my head around to watch it, my grandfather, asked, "What's wrong, Sonny?"

I looked at him and said, "Did you know there's a light above us, following us?"

He turned around, glanced upwards to where I was pointing and told my dad, who was already slowing the car down.

"Fred, there is a light behind us above the road," my grandfather said.

Dad tried to glance in the side mirror, but couldn't see it, so, after finding a level spot at the bottom of the slope, he finally stopped the car.

When he opened his car door, everybody opened their doors and bailed out to get a better look.

My mother, still holding sleeping my baby brother, asked dad, "Honey, what do you think it is?"

Dad answered, "Shhh!"   "Then he added, "Everybody be quiet and listen!"

As we stood there in the moonlight on the deserted road, the only sound we heard was the distant rumbling of a truck on the highway, headed somewhere on his route.  After he faded away, my grandfather, still looking upward at the light, whispered to my dad, "Do you hear a motor!"

My dad, looking upwards also, whispered back, "No.  I don't see any other lights on it either - just that one blue light!"

The blue light they referred to was just that - a light- blue, glowing light that never dimmed or grew any brighter.  It was the light-blue color of the security light that most everyone had mounted atop a utility pole on their property from the local power company.

I don't know how long my entire family stood there on the deserted road that night, but it must have been about five minutes (although it seemed like at least an hour).  During that era, the mid-sixties, the news media had been reporting alleged UFO sightings across the US, and the world as well.

Dad, mom, and my grandfather kept whispering to each other as we kids stood there with them.  As for me, I stood there slack-jawed and goggle-eyed, my mind filled with images and flash-backs of all the alien movies I had seen.  (Believe me, there were a lot!)  And I wasn't comforted one little bit by recalling them, either!

Suddenly, my grandfather, exclaimed in a stage-whisper, "Look!  It's going up!"

Sure enough, the light (or craft) slowly began rising straight up.  Again - we heard not one sound of engines, rotors, or exhaust associated with a helicopter, much less any known jet or airplane.  Although it had been sitting suspended a few hundred feet above the road north of us, the whole time it sat there, it never moved, blinked or changed position until it started it's ascent.  Also, it wasn't directly above us, but about way less than a quarter-of-a-mile from us, no one could distinguish any outline, shape or form, except for the pale blue light.

My whole family watched in awe as the craft/light began picking up speed, becoming a tiny, shrinking, dot of blue before rapidly disappearing into the starry, moonlit night!

We all piled back into the car, headed for home a few miles away.  We were too excited to sleep when we got home, obviously. Surprisingly, the excitement of our encounter slowly faded away rather quickly, and was rarely brought up, or referred to much afterwards..

We never heard any reports of anyone else seeing this event - no surprise - but heard of other, later sightings; none matched my family's encounter, though.

Perhaps this story might have been different or shrugged off as a hallucination if it had been only one or two of us, but my family didn't drink; my grandfather and dad were deacons in our family church, and our family had a nice reputation.

Maybe a lot of years have passed, but the details of that night will always stay firmly painted in my mind as if it was last week.

MY family and I definitely saw "something," in the skies above us.

#7    BettyTheYeti

BettyTheYeti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

I always have found it amazing how much of the detail remains with you after experiences like these.

#8    cedarcarver1

cedarcarver1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

• The things we do just to do the things we do.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

Isn't it nearly always the truth that whatever experiences a person has, no matter the incident, vivid details, relevant to your episode, always remain firmly planted, days - even years afterwards - at least for me!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users