Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Self Knowledge

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,494 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

Self knowledge

I have found that the more I struggle with myself, the less I need to fight with others, perhaps it is because there is no energy left to do so, but I have found this to be true.  Self-knowledge, even a little, can bring about an acceptance of others that was missing before personal experience of one own weaknesses, compulsions and sins were dealt with.

How do others experience this?  Do you find more inner peace when you are in touch with your own inner problems?  do you find more peace in relationships?

#2    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,672 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

I find that relationships can only work if you have a level of self-knowledge. If you aren't comfortable with yourself, how can any one else be comfortable with you? If you do not have the self-knowledge to love yourself, how can anyone have the option to love you? You can be in peace while alone - but a relationship, specifically a romantic one, as trying as it can be at times, can offer a certain variety of peace that cannot be found anywhere else.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#3    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

I often times forget about the world and the people in it when Im dealing with my own personal problems, but as far as self - knowledge im very comfortable with myself and I have pretty high self esteem.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#4    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:43 AM

I try not to struggle with myself, just recognize what I'm feeling or thinking and have that be OK, as long as I don't act out negatively. I've had a lifetime of people criticizing & judging me, I promised myself some time ago that I wasn't going to do it to myself. Instead I try to bring love & compassion to myself. When I do that the self-struggle disappears and the answers appear. Maybe the answers can't be heard underneath all the drama I sometimes create for myself.

#5    MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

I find that I don't struggle with myself as much if I try to not be too hard or too easy on myself.  For me, their has to be balance.

#6    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

I've found that getting down on myself is non-productive, it just makes me feel worse. Loving & forgiving myself is much harder, but more worthwhile. What is it about human nature that causes us to beat ourselves up so often? Is it something we learned as kids?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users