Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Biggest Scam In The History Of Mankind

debt ponzi scheme scam debt ceiling

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

Environmentally Friendly

• 29,293 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

I wonder, could the UN propose a ban on GIFs as well as Lolpics, which I've recommended previously, in their next general meeting? Or the NWO or whoever is in charge.

Somebody will say, 'Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people."

~ D. Trump.

“You are going to hear all the familiar complaints: ‘freedom of speech,’ ” Mrs. Clinton said in an hourlong speech

#32    Eluus

Eluus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

One word, Bitcoin.

#33    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

• "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.."

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

You wish.

#34    david icke is right

david icke is right

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 19 October 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

That's easy; the gold bar may or may not make you rich based on what people are willing at that point in time to pay for gold.  The idea of gold as money is now only that it is a commodity.  I see nothing evil in all that.

:rolleyes:  How can gold be money when the private banks no longer use gold?  Well unless you're using it of course and so you must be the only one.

#35    Eluus

Eluus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostPhaeton80, on 17 October 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

Money, should represent 'real' intrinsical value, resources, commodities like gold and silver. Not including Human resources, and certainly not including debt.

Intrinsic Value is philosophical BS. Nothing has "intrinsic value". All assets are valued by how much other people are willing to pay for it.

#36    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,897 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

WEll Its no problem then ! The only scam is the Most people dont research there own security and Future well being ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#37    calaf

calaf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

View Poststereologist, on 17 October 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

I thought the biggest scandal was the hegemonistic plans of shape shifting reptilian lackeys of the Lemurian imperialists planning to pollute our glaciers with the blood of the baby tuna.

You too?

#38    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,815 posts

• "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.."

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostEluus, on 20 October 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Intrinsic Value is philosophical BS. Nothing has "intrinsic value". All assets are valued by how much other people are willing to pay for it.

Actual Value

The actual value of a commodity is a measure that is related to the cost that it takes to produce it and sell it for a profit. For example, when a product is manufactured and sold without any brand names or promises, the actual value is the amount that it would go for in the open market. The actual value is what the product is actually worth without any expectations from the customer or the seller.

Perceived Value

The perceived value is very different from the actual value of a product / commodity. The perceived value is what a customer believes the product is worth. This perception is formed by the opinions of the market and by the benefits that the customer expects to receive if he makes a purchase. The product may be sold for much more than what it cost to manufacture because of the perception of the customer. In some cases, the perception of the value may be less than what the actual value of the product is.

Intrinsic Value: The market value of the constituent metal within a coin.
http://en.wikipedia....e_(numismatics)

Lets completely ignore the main issue here and bicker about terminology why not..

#39    Eluus

Eluus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

Replying to the parts that are relevant.

View PostPhaeton80, on 21 October 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

Intrinsic Value: The market value of the constituent metal within a coin.
http://en.wikipedia....e_(numismatics)

I'm going to use Gold as an example since you quoted from numismatics.

Why do you think Gold had little to no value to Native Americans?

When there is no other person willing to pay for your gold, it's not worth more than a brick. Value is determined by supply and demand(i.e. how much another person is willing to pay for it). The rest is BS.

View PostPhaeton80, on 21 October 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

Lets completely ignore the main issue here and bicker about terminology why not..

I agree the current financial system is a ponzi scheme, no doubt.

Enter Bitcoin. All you need is an Internet connection. No central banks no authority no slavery thourgh endless money printing.

#40    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,815 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

Lets just leave the semantic / theoretical discussion, I think you know very well what was meant. Gold and silver have always had a relative high value throughout the history of Western society, this is not going to change any time soon.
Bills of printed paper, not so much.

With your mention of Bitcoin, you mean this concept is going to be the next form of 'money', and at that time would be an even larger scam?

Bitcoin itself - at this moment - pales in comparison to the victims resulting from a fall of the dollar / discarding of the petrodollar.

#41    Eluus

Eluus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostPhaeton80, on 22 October 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

Lets just leave the semantic / theoretical discussion, I think you know very well what was meant. Gold and silver have always had a relative high value throughout the history of Western society, this is not going to change any time soon.
Bills of printed paper, not so much.

With your mention of Bitcoin, you mean this concept is going to be the next form of 'money', and at that time would be an even larger scam?

Bitcoin itself - at this moment - pales in comparison to the victims resulting from a fall of the dollar / discarding of the petrodollar.

Bitcoin has an open source code. If there was a scam it would be easily detected in Bitcoin's early stages.

If you take the time to learn how Bitcoin works you'll see that Bitcoin is a viable solution. Especially if one is looking for protection when the petrodollar falls. Wouldn't hurt to hold some physical Gold as well.

#42    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,815 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

That would be one of the most plausible scenario's to get cash out of circulation. Which, in my opinion, would be a bad thing.

We should revert to the original design. The way money was meant to be. Tangible, valuable, exchangable and durable.

#43    Eluus

Eluus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

View PostPhaeton80, on 22 October 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

That would be one of the most plausible scenario's to get cash out of circulation. Which, in my opinion, would be a bad thing.

We should revert to the original design. The way money was meant to be. Tangible, valuable, exchangable and durable.

Bitcoin has all that properties except being tangible. Why does it have to be tangible though?

#44    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 9,872 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 20 October 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

I wonder, could the UN propose a ban on GIFs as well as Lolpics, which I've recommended previously, in their next general meeting? Or the NWO or whoever is in charge.
General meeting? they have them on here?
Tell me when the next one is and I will be there.........waiting for you to put your hand up:

Posted Image

#45    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Baseless Opinionator

• 2,888 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostEluus, on 22 October 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

Bitcoin has all that properties except being tangible. Why does it have to be tangible though?

This is true. Cash is slowly becoming obsolete as most transactions are done digitally. On Bitcoin, even if it fails (which I suspect it will,) it's the concept that is valuable. Bitcoin shows there's a demand, however small, for a new currency. Something else will come along to replace it, and that something might make just a little more headway. On a long enough timeline, this whole financial system will need to be revamped or replaced altogether. Even if that doesn't happen, eventually we will replace oil with a cheaper, cleaner substitute. The petrodollar is doomed, one way or another.

"For God doth know that in the day ye eat [the fruit] thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

"The tragedy of humanity is that we have stone age instincts, medieval institutions and god-like powers."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users