Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women blow £400,000 a day playing Candy Crush

Still Waters

As Lucy Berkley hobbled into her London office one Monday morning in June, her colleagues could clearly see she was struggling with back pain.

The 44-year-old company director shuffled over to her desk and waited for questions to be fired in her direction. Had she picked up a large piece of furniture? Overdone it at the gym? The real answer was slightly more embarrassing.

'I'd just discovered Candy Crush and had been playing it for more than ten hours over the weekend,' says the mother-of-one from Ashford, Kent.

http://www.dailymail...-game-ever.html

• Like 1

Guys, if your wife or girlfriend blew your savings stash playing Candy Crush would you?

a: Do her in?

b: Do her in?

or

c: Do her in?

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 6

But rather than blame the person and their stupidity, they are probably gonna sue the company for it, claiming deceptive practices or something.

So basically the game is like a version of tetris but using candies instead of blocks, right?

Sure, sounds fun and I like games too but geez already, if my child is waiting for me, he/she should be the most important thing, not a game that can be paused or shut off.

We'd severely punish children for being obsessed but if adults do it then its ok?

• Like 3

I'm not too sure why so many people seem to be besotted with this game. Really don't know why some folks would spend a ton on money on it.

• Like 3

I just love my friends and family who in person warn me not to play it because it "WILL TAKE OVER YOUR LIFE!!", but then send me weekly facebook invites so they can advance, or get points, lives, whatever it is.

I did eventually try it for a couple of days. Then I got bored with it, so it was deleted and I haven't looked back once.

It's habit forming. Easily accessible when you have a few minutes to play on the train, on break, whenever you are waiting with your phone in hand. When I played I really had no idea what I was doing, but I kept managing to advance anyway, thats part of how they hook you in I believe. So I understand the appeal to a certain extent.

Habits can lead to addiction though, and if it's taking over your life like that it's time to stop complaining about it and uninstall. It's only a game.

Edited by sarah_444
  • Like 3

"dear staff who work their ball locks off for me, as your company director I would like to tell you I have just blown your Christmas bonus on a computer game and do not even think about asking for a pay rise next year"

The woman is a knob and I hope her company goes bankrupt and her staff find a job which appreciates them.

• Like 3

I'm not too sure why so many people seem to be besotted with this game. Really don't know why some folks would spend a ton on money on it.

In this particular instance, and knowing Ashford as I do, the only alternatives are painting your front door and watching it dry, or playing with the traffic on the M20!

• Like 3

Meh, I am more into games that I only pay for once, or free games. I don't do Facebook games at all. In fact, I try to spend as little time logged into Facebook as possible. Too intrusive for my taste.

• Like 3

When I first started playing, I think I spent 10$.

And now I'm completely bored with it

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a self confessed candy crush addict. I don't know what it is, but that game is so addicting. However, even as an addict I accept my fate when my five lives are up and I have to wait 20 minutes for more. I've never bought lives. I'll admit to spending a dollar here and there when I've been stuck on a level for weeks and am 1 move away from winning when I run out of moves. But to play so much you're bent over? What was she even playing on, you can use an iPhone while sitting comfortably.

• Like 2

Not me, I have my cheat engine...Unlimited moves.. I never have to spend a dime lol

• Like 3