Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The real church of Jediism

Still Waters

Members of the Jedi church believe in the Force, rather than the Holy Ghost. It's a religion barely two decades old and based off a movie franchise, but there's still a lot the Jedi have in common with other religious groups.

http://www.dailymail...-franchise.html

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind attending a Jedi church. :D

Can't do any worse than any other belief system or some silly school of magic.

Whatever floats their boat, at least I won't have any jedi nut jobs coming to my house preaching.

• Like 2

Can't do any worse than any other belief system or some silly school of magic.

Whatever floats their boat, at least I won't have any jedi nut jobs coming to my house preaching.

They don't need to preach. One wave of their hand and you'll believe anything they say

• Like 3

They don't need to preach. One wave of their hand and you'll believe anything they say

Sadly many religions seem to think along those lines too.

• Like 1

Yeah some comments on another site talked about "how can people be so utterly stupid" and I'd like to tell them "yeah, just like every other hocus pucus false promise making total nonsense bull**** religion like Christianity and Islam etc etc." right?

Who knows, in 1000 years Jediism may have 1 billion followers.

What?? Haha.

I think most religions start out over drinks in a bar.

• Like 4

Where there are "sheep" there is always a nearby cliff to fall over.

• Like 2

Oh goody, yet another religion brought to you by science fiction writers. May the farce be with you.

• Like 2

What about cookies? Do they have cookies?..and I don't mean the wimpy ones but the huge buggers that could pass for a meal.

• Like 2

What about cookies? Do they have cookies?..and I don't mean the wimpy ones but the huge buggers that could pass for a meal.

What about Wookie Cookies?

• Like 2

How about boxes and boxes of oreos?

• Like 1

Is Yoda, Himself or the Son of ? and whats the use of a light sabre against a gatling gun.

• Like 1

Why not I say. All forms of magic are the same at the core. I talk to something bigger than me, stuff happens or doesn't, I sleep better and don't worry so much. My personal form of magic comes in pints :)

I assume people know that the force and the religion of the jedi was deliberately constructed and based by Lucas, on human religions, with their struggle between good and evil, for and in, human nature represented by the two sides of the force; just as the historical context was based on the roman republic versus empire

• Like 1

The problem with the Jedi is almost every one of the most evil men in the Star Wars Universe's history was a Jedi, or a Sith, which are just Selfish Jedi. I'll maybe read up on their Beliefs before I comment cruelly on their religion.

I do consider myself an expert on SW, having seen all the movies, and read over 50 SW novels, and owning like 200 SW comics.

So long as it doesn't degenerate into religious wars between the Jedi, Trekkies and Whovians I see no problem with it.

Personally if I had to draw my religious beliefs from a film I'd subscribe to Dudeism based on the Big Lebowski.

I don't see any problem with. Most of the other religions are based off of fictions as well. So be it. Jedis are cool, mabey they should integrate martial arts into the religion. Heck it sounds like a lot of fun actually. My only problem with it is that I imagine there would not be a lot of females in the religion, but that's just a gues. ;)

Edited by White Crane Feather

That was the one element of the Star Wars series that I found least necessary and in fact a distraction from the main action. The Force seemed to have no importance except in a few special sequences tacked on as though as an afterthought. "The Force be with you," however, does somehow seem reminiscent of "The Lord be with you."