Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

looking to form a group for larundal asylum.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• Learn, wonder, smile...

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

Ok, just stay safe.

It's Friday with a full moon tomorrow and lots of fun going on no doubt, don't get hurt.

I don't have any decent info unfortunately, only what I get from here or the internet.  I used to ride the tram past there as a teenager and would feel a bit weird, but that could just be teenage girl's feelings.  The stories about the music box always intrigued me, so keep an ear out for that.  Not the warmest night, so the mother in me hopes you took a jumper. :)

#17    hunting_the_facts

hunting_the_facts

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• hunting the truth...

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

thanks for the heads up and I did notice the near full moon also.
and as I've just transferred down from qld with my day job I've a long sleeve & a hoody & my jacket.
be sure to stay in touch.
I'm trying to find other Victorians to join me in further adventures.

:-)

also I have heard of the music box. however I'm also looking for the underground tunnels & mortuary.

:-)

#18    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• Learn, wonder, smile...

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

Ok I'm not sure where you'd start looking for the mortuary because AFAIK it's not actually at Larundel, but somewhere else in Mont Park.  I've not heard about tunnels either but you might get lucky and find some.  I know of the tunnels linking the major hospitals and dental hospital in the city (and yes, they joined up to the city mortuary).

Anyway, hope you are ok and not alone (as in, you are with other living breathing humans who you are with).  I'm about to head to bed but will check in eagerly tomorrow to see if you found anything of interest.  It would be interesting to know if anything much is left standing.

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,313 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

Truly I would love to be there with you, take care and bring us back some great facts, do not care if all you find are rats, squeaky floorboards, the odd skeleton lying about and maybe a mad janitor who stills works there cos no one had told him otherwise.
:tu:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#20    hunting_the_facts

hunting_the_facts

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• hunting the truth...

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

I have clips and video footage however it's not the best quality however I have found names on archive room and found newspapers from the 1950's

will upload when I figure out how to.

#21    hunting_the_facts

hunting_the_facts

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• hunting the truth...

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

hi to all that are rolling with me @ this stage.
just to fill everyone in. it's 6am here and I'm stuffed. big night and quite a few surprises and scares also (which I wasn't expecting)
I'm going to crash for a while.
I have tried to upload my pics as real proof of what's left there and I will do so after a much needed sleep.
for the life of me ive tried to upload but I think fatigue is not letting me think straight.
if someone can give me step by step instructions on how to do this and video clips also that would be so appreciated.

enjoy your evening's / afternoons / mornings depending on where you are on the globe.

hunter.

ps. Twitter is coming also.  :-)

#22    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,313 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

hunting_the_facts, on 18 October 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

hi to all that are rolling with me @ this stage.
just to fill everyone in. it's 6am here and I'm stuffed. big night and quite a few surprises and scares also (which I wasn't expecting)
I'm going to crash for a while.
I have tried to upload my pics as real proof of what's left there and I will do so after a much needed sleep.
for the life of me ive tried to upload but I think fatigue is not letting me think straight.
if someone can give me step by step instructions on how to do this and video clips also that would be so appreciated.

enjoy your evening's / afternoons / mornings depending on where you are on the globe.

hunter.

ps. Twitter is coming also.  :-)

WHAT?? you can`t fall asleep now!!!

Good luck and DO NOT sleep tight, you need to stay awake. :cry: :yes: :tu:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#23    *Frank*

*Frank*

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

• Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

hunting_the_facts, on 18 October 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

wow I've only hooked up on this site for a cple of hours and your the second person to mention That name.
I'm not sure whom this person is however if I do I will make sure I tell her I'm not interested.
am I to assume that this person has been proven to be a fake?

Link

Posted Image

#24    hunting_the_facts

hunting_the_facts

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• hunting the truth...

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:39 AM

hi all.

um cheers for the link to Flickr but that's not what I was looking for.
at this stage everything (that is a decent photo and of good quality) as some where below average and in some of the rooms / buildings my flash would not work / and phone seemed to turn itself off!

instagram name is: hunting_the_truth
Twitter username: @hunt_the_truth

I'd like feedback. as mentioned to you all I'm not out to make fakes,  I'm out to destroy the fakes.
so although there was some hell scary moments, I will return on a night trip once I have acquired some night vision & thermal cameras.

having said that. there is defiantly a music box & the sounds of young children coming from what I think was the children's ward.
I have no audio at this stage, but again when I have the tools I require I will try and get some decent audio.

all the pics on Twitter & instagram are from myself & not dodged up and you all have my word.

we may not have found yet what we're looking for here, however I'm defiantly going back.

more to follow.

#25    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,313 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

I do not have an instagram account and would rather see the pics on um, as this is where the thread is.
Where are you now?
Quite happen to wait when you upload them on here, did you use the same phone you are using to post on here with?

#26    hunting_the_facts

hunting_the_facts

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• hunting the truth...

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

yeah mate I'm using my Samsung galaxy 3 android phone. I've tried uploading on both the mobile version and the full version of this site with no luck @ all.
that's why I created both Twitter & instagram accounts.
and I must say the instagram app is actually really good.

#27    *Frank*

*Frank*

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

• Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

hunting_the_facts, on 19 October 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

um cheers for the link to Flickr but that's not what I was looking for.

No, that was my signature. The link was the word 'link'. I assume you're new to the internet.

Posted Image

#28    Odileth

Odileth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

Who the **** is Yvette Fielding?

I have tons of photos from Larundel over the years.

I've never found it creepy; I find it beautiful and sad and I resent the fact that dumb****s trashed it and the City of Melbourne allowed it to rot.

There's hardly anything left of it now anyway.

There's definitely no morgue; I have copies of the original building plans.  There was a morgue at the neighbouring (and much larger) Mont Park mental hospital.

#29    Odileth

Odileth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

There was a really interesting thread on this forum regarding Larundel where a user was posting her experiences there and at several other psychiatric institutions, but it seems to have been made private or deleted now.  I posted in it a few times and I can't view it at all.

#30    Odileth

Odileth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

PS. hunting_the_facts, your first step in hunting the facts would be to learn how to spell the name of the place you're going to correctly.

:tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users