Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Toilet-themed restaurant opens in LA

Still Waters

A rather unusual dining-trend popular in Asia is making its way over to the US - but it may not be for everyone.

A toilet-themed restaurant is about to open with lavatory seats in place of dining chairs and meals served in urinals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-24572779

• Like 1

I would like a Number 1 and 2 number 2's please.

• Like 7

Will there be 3-day old newspapers, last year's magazines and air fresheners scattered around the "dining" area? What's in the restrooms, kitchen counters and sinks and tables for 1 --- or 2? What if you forget where you are while dining and you just. . .No matter. This fad will soon go down the drain.

• Like 1

Gee with the patronage this will attract - how long do you think it will be before someone decides they don't really need to leave their seat to use the actual restroom?

• Like 4

Can see this business going down the pan pretty quick, but do like the idea of not having to get up everytime you need a wee or poop.

• Like 3

Ok..now I am officially nauseous.

Yeah, the visuals really don't help the restaurant. But I bet the trendy will flock there for a little while, at least.

• Like 1

Yeah, the visuals really don't help the restaurant. But I bet the trendy will flock there for a little while, at least.

Yep it will be a one visit only curiosity event. I pity any poor sod who thinks it makes a great venue for a date night tho.

• Like 3

A restaurant for guys...

And how are you going to sit on a urinal to eat?

I guess this is taking toilet humor to a whole new (albeit disgusting) level.

Gee with the patronage this will attract - how long do you think it will be before someone decides they don't really need to leave their seat to use the actual restroom?

I wish I hadn't read that post. lol

I can imagine the couple on the next table asking "what that is I can smell cooking?"

• Like 2

I see the photos on this post were removed.

Good thing too because it was rather gross....

I wish I hadn't read that post. lol

I can imagine the couple on the next table asking "what that is I can smell cooking?"

It always wise to complement the chef. In this particular restaurant....best do it before you order.

1336364959housesadnod-gif.gif

For some restaurants that would be called "truth in advertising."

• Like 1

Well, at least the patrons don't have to go anywhere before they "barf"

Edited by pallidin

Japan has a place like this. They even serve ice cream in the shape of a cartoon turd in a toilet bowl. Pretty crappy dessert.

• Like 1

I heard they had some places like this in Japan and stuff. I never, ever want to go here.

• 2 weeks later...