Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Anyone know the story... of the elemental

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    progressivegamer44

progressivegamer44

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

By far my favorite haunted castle.

It supposedly haunts leap castle in ireland

Check it out, spooky stuff guys.

http://demonhuntersc...castle.html?m=1

Edited by progressivegamer44, 19 October 2013 - 12:17 AM.

#2    Avallaine

Avallaine

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

I never would have suspected to find "spooky stuff" at a site called "The Demon Hunter's Compendium."  :rolleyes:

Leeds seems to be famous for a Black Dog apparition.  Is this elemental spirit mentioned anywhere else but this one site?

#3    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:16 AM

Oh yeah I read a lot about Leap Castle. I had a funny feeling it was going to be about that as soon as I saw the term elemental. Apparently it appears on the same balcony and was created/attracted by the absolute crushing negative events that occurred in that place. I'm sure I remember they had a couple awful encounters with more frequency when they discovered a concealed dungeon beneath one of the towers whilst renovating.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#4    progressivegamer44

progressivegamer44

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 19 October 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

Oh yeah I read a lot about Leap Castle. I had a funny feeling it was going to be about that as soon as I saw the term elemental. Apparently it appears on the same balcony and was created/attracted by the absolute crushing negative events that occurred in that place. I'm sure I remember they had a couple awful encounters with more frequency when they discovered a concealed dungeon beneath one of the towers whilst renovating.

Yeah it'S an awesome tale and by far the most demonic spirit I've heard of.

Supposedly it's half sheep half human looking.

#5    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

• "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

Sounds like a Satyr.

#6    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

Elementals are cool...
But I always have liked the pain elementals from the game Doom.

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#7    sockitboy

sockitboy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

If you like haunted castles check out Glamis,there's a few legends that might interest you !!!!

#8    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,995 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

Legend has Leap Castle haunted by a supernatural entity known as an Elemental. The alleged entity is known as "It".

It has been visited by paranormal investigators from Living TV's Most Haunted in its first season.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Leap_Castle

http://www.castles.o...d/Leap/Leap.htm

Posted Image

#9    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,976 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

As I understand it there are four kinds of elemental, one of which is the salamander.  Which is this?

#10    Avallaine

Avallaine

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

I think they're talking about a different kind of elemental than the Paracelsian ones.

#11    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,976 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

View PostAvallaine, on 19 October 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

I think they're talking about a different kind of elemental than the Paracelsian ones.
Well they need to be clear about those things.  <grin>  I just like the idea of the salamander.

#12    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,549 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Didn't the Ghost Hunters do an investigation at Leap at some point?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#13    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,992 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

"It is said..." "vague report..."  "theories abound..." "one theory states..." "some believe...." "other people believe..."  A bunch of vague claims with no references given.  The only reference is a report from a woman called Mildred  Darby, everything else is unsourced.

Yup, exactly the kind of vague wishy-washy fact free stuff I expected.

Doing a Google search for an exact phrase from one of the quoted eyewitness reports I was able to find the exact same set of "eyewitness reports" on various websites, all an exact copy and paste of each other including the order of the eyewitness reports, and lead in description of the reports and indeed the same preceding article word for word in many instances.  Some even include the same goofy Photoshop graphic of the scary face in front of the door.   I even found a website with an interesting actual history of the castle which concluded with a copy and paste job of the same stuff on other websites.

This is exactly the kind of thing that suggests it's nothing but nonsense being copy and pasted from one paranormal blog to someone else's paranormal Facebook page to someone else's ghost websites, etc.  with no fact checking involved whatsoever.

But this is the kind of thing that gets people reading and responding "Wow! Creepy!".  I'm honestly amazed that people read this stuff, take it at face value and actually think it's creepy.

Edited by JesseCuster, 19 October 2013 - 01:26 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#14    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

Yet another 'I don't believe in ghosts until they are proven!' post. That's fine but we are discussing Leap Castle and the possible presence of an elemental spirit, if you think that concept is deranged then that's swell but it doesn't mean it ain't there, it's not like it can be disproved just cause science doesn't really have any interest in the paranormal realm. Not like you can conjure one up and send it in a giftwrapped box to someone either, we have the eternal conflict of if I don't see it, it ain't real or it must be real because it's paranormal! There's always a fine balance.

Elementals are actually a pretty rare thing to find reports of, I have no concrete idea if it's REAL but with negative energy I believe it can take forms from a subconscious or build in places of awful history, recording in the stone as is what happens with residual replaying hauntings. What are the conditions that make them play though? Physical conditions or particular state of mind for the viewer? It is fascinating. Even in grandiose relics like ye olde castles elemental tales are hella rare so mayhap there's something to it.

It's not like they need the random half sheep half woman thing to ramp up tourism numbers, it ain't a well documented and blared out association with Leap Castle and if you read about it the guy who saw it seems genuinely spooked out of his damn mind, good act and random thing to make up! I believe in ghosts and negative energy manifesting as creepsville shiz AND find it creepy, this place is pretty whacked out and not all black and white but everyone's entitled to their opinion, just trynna steer the thread more on to elemental discussion.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#15    progressivegamer44

progressivegamer44

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

View PostJesseCuster, on 19 October 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

"It is said..." "vague report..."  "theories abound..." "one theory states..." "some believe...." "other people believe..."  A bunch of vague claims with no references given.  The only reference is a report from a woman called Mildred  Darby, everything else is unsourced.

Yup, exactly the kind of vague wishy-washy fact free stuff I expected.

Doing a Google search for an exact phrase from one of the quoted eyewitness reports I was able to find the exact same set of "eyewitness reports" on various websites, all an exact copy and paste of each other including the order of the eyewitness reports, and lead in description of the reports and indeed the same preceding article word for word in many instances.  Some even include the same goofy Photoshop graphic of the scary face in front of the door.   I even found a website with an interesting actual history of the castle which concluded with a copy and paste job of the same stuff on other websites.

This is exactly the kind of thing that suggests it's nothing but nonsense being copy and pasted from one paranormal blog to someone else's paranormal Facebook page to someone else's ghost websites, etc.  with no fact checking involved whatsoever.

But this is the kind of thing that gets people reading and responding "Wow! Creepy!".  I'm honestly amazed that people read this stuff, take it at face value and actually think it's creepy.

I just have thought this particular tale was neat since I was a child and saw the story on "Scariest places on earth". There was really no need for your "i'm smarter than thou because I don't believe in ghost stories" rehashed diatribe.

Go be misrable somewhere else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users