Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

I don't believe in ufos and here's why

kurzweil transcensant man satan ufo spiritual

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,466 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

View PostHawkin, on 19 October 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Whoever create The Terminator movies was maybe sending us a subtle warning. :unsure2:

It certainly contained elements of a cautionary tale but subtle it wasn't. ^_^

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#32    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,101 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

View PostMike G, on 19 October 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

Like it nor not, the word is kind of synonmous with alien spaceship. Arguing semantics never looks pretty.

When the USAF defined the term it was to be taken literally.  In the same way cryptid believers claim animals like gorillas as cryptids the ET community equates UFO with ET visitation.  Granted, the substitution makes reading cold war era documents more interesting but decidedly less accurate.  Legitimacy gained by association is meaningless.   The USAF was a lot more interested in Soviet aircraft than in little green men.

Edited by sinewave, 19 October 2013 - 11:26 PM.

#33    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,466 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

View Postsinewave, on 19 October 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

When the USAF defined the term it was to be taken literally.  In the same way cryptid believers claim animals like gorillas as cryptids the ET community equates UFO with ET visitation.  Granted, the substitution makes reading cold war era documents more interesting but decidedly less accurate.  Legitimacy gained by association is meaningless.   The USAF was a lot more interested in Soviet aircraft than in little green men.

The Cold War had a great deal to do with the military interest in UFO's from the 40's through the 80's. I think it is entirely possible that the decline in military investigations of UFO's has a correlation with the resolution of the Cold War. I haven't looked into it specifically however it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#34    Realm

Realm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

We used to think that UFO's were alien beings from outer space.

We now know in our infinite wisdom that UFO's are Satan and his demons.

Alrighty then.

#35    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,413 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

View Postbrockster, on 19 October 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

It's a miracle that the bible survived down through the ages.  The reason so many people put their lives on the line to preserve the accurate and literal translation of the bible could only have been because they thought it had divine inspiration in its origins. Many christians endured extreme persecution to save the bible writings.

Aliens piloting ufo's are faaaaar more likely than this statement.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 20 October 2013 - 01:17 AM.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#36    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,604 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

View Postsinewave, on 19 October 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

little green men.

Actually...they're Gray. :alien: :w00t:

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism can make you arrogant & egotistical.

#37    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,101 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 20 October 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

The Cold War had a great deal to do with the military interest in UFO's from the 40's through the 80's. I think it is entirely possible that the decline in military investigations of UFO's has a correlation with the resolution of the Cold War. I haven't looked into it specifically however it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Absolutely.  Also, because we captured lots of really cool toys from the Germans at the end of WWII, we were afraid the Soviets may have had a similar windfall.  That and craft they may have been developing on their own could have been used in our airspace.  Detecting surveillance and attack aircraft were the highest priorities.  Not knowing what form they would take forced the general classification of UFO.

Until about the mid 70's RADAR technology was pretty poor.  Lots of WWII era gear was still in place.  NORAD and the UASF asked for civilian assistance in spotting potential enemy aircraft.  My father had Civil Defense aircraft identification guides in the house when I was a kid.  Everyone in the neighborhood was part of the local watch.  The USAF offices across the country were inundated by reports.  Each report was investigated to some degree. ET believers took this fact and twisted it to mean the USAF was aware of ET visitation.  The whole thing is patently absurd but here we are today still talking about it.

Edited by sinewave, 20 October 2013 - 02:16 AM.

#38    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,008 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

View Postbrockster, on 19 October 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

It's a miracle that the bible survived down through the ages.  The reason so many people put their lives on the line to preserve the accurate and literal translation of the bible could only have been because they thought it had divine inspiration in its origins. Many christians endured extreme persecution to save the bible writings.
Nothing to do with choosing what parts to include and executing heretics.

#39    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• 1,523 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

View Postbrockster, on 19 October 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

First I'd like to say I don't believe in the ufo phenomenon and here's why. Drawing from books from author Ray Kurzweil he talks about the exponential increase in computing power over the course of decades. If you don't already know it look up something called moore's law which basically states that technology is on a steep exponential slope upwards. If that's true of our civilization it stands to reason that any sufficiently advanced civilization could have transcended their own biology which would explain being able to handle immense speeds in these so called craft. But what I'm proposing is not a new theory about their origins, but the idea is that the aliens interpreted in modern and ancient times are in fact Satan and his demons. An evil influence which blinds the minds of non believers. In thr past when I've been interested on the ET phenomenon it was because I didn't immediately perceive the evil already present in human beings. I was only seeking power in a higher intelligence and I found that in god.

You know that you can also call God and Satan, extraterrestrial ?  It is known that God doesn't live on Earth. Only Satan is after the war in heavens he was thrown on earth. In the same timeGod isn't referring only to himself but often using "we". There is also a hierarchy in the kingdom so truly we can say it 's a race and a supreme leader living somewhere. The fact we were made in His image is making thing even more conclusive and lets not forget chapter 6 in Genesis describing an interbreeding between  the children of God ...angels and humans?

6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

So really what is the difference between what we call aliens and God....look at the definition and manifestations of both. Wouldn't be the same thing?

Edited by qxcontinuum, 20 October 2013 - 04:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users