Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The woman who never was?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    Old Sparky

Old Sparky

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

What did I see?

#2    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,791 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

Here's a picture that isn't, showing the woman who wasn't..

Hope that helped.

My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - ChrLzs

The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - ChrLzs

#3    Old Sparky

Old Sparky

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

I was waiting on a wall in the middle of a town for my mother to collect me. It was mid afternoon and my bike had a puncture so I could only wait. I looked in the direction she would be coming from and I saw a woman walking towards me in the distance. The sun illuminated her and she was on the righthand side (from my perspective). She was walking very fast but appeared to be going nowhere. I kept my eye on her but she was in the same spot! I then opened my can of red bull and looked back and saw another or the same woman on the opposite side of the road walking away from me although again she wasn't getting nowhere fast. I assumed she was jogging on the spot but it was peculiar. She then appeared to move as I saw her pass along the hedge at the far back and around the bend but she was moving her arms and legs so fast, it just looked so strange to go so slowly.

#4    Old Sparky

Old Sparky

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

If only you'd the same amount of patience as you do wit ChrLzs!

#5    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,791 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

If only you'd the same amount of patience as you do wit ChrLzs!
????
Say what?

Anyway, now that we have heard the story that I presume you meant to post with the first one.......

Can I ask what you did to investigate this further, and if nothing, why?  And what happened subsequently?

My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - ChrLzs

The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - ChrLzs

#6    julia52

julia52

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

hello foxhound :)

if this is a real story, then you might want to know that others have seen these 'people who are not there' too..i have no idea who or what they are, tho..but i have seen a couple

if you are interested, here is a little thread about it: http://www.unexplain...0

Edited by Still Waters, 20 October 2013 - 02:49 PM.
Replaced link with the original source

#7    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=QitgZ5gnK-o

Prancercize perhaps?

Edited by Rafterman, 20 October 2013 - 02:58 PM.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#8    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,592 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostFoxhound 87, on 20 October 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

I was waiting on a wall in the middle of a town for my mother to collect me. It was mid afternoon and my bike had a puncture so I could only wait. I looked in the direction she would be coming from and I saw a woman walking towards me in the distance. The sun illuminated her and she was on the righthand side (from my perspective). She was walking very fast but appeared to be going nowhere. I kept my eye on her but she was in the same spot! I then opened my can of red bull and looked back and saw another or the same woman on the opposite side of the road walking away from me although again she wasn't getting nowhere fast. I assumed she was jogging on the spot but it was peculiar. She then appeared to move as I saw her pass along the hedge at the far back and around the bend but she was moving her arms and legs so fast, it just looked so strange to go so slowly.
This is why you shouldn't mix drinks with red bull.

#9    Old Sparky

Old Sparky

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostChrLzs, on 20 October 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

????
Say what?

Anyway, now that we have heard the story that I presume you meant to post with the first one.......

Can I ask what you did to investigate this further, and if nothing, why?  And what happened subsequently?
Yes, I submitted it using my iPod and had not posted in the correct place and I just knew someone would comment about it before I had it typed out!
Well I was waiting for my lift and this woman was in the distance. My bike's tire was too flat to be wheeled, so I had no other option but to stay put.

View Postjulia52, on 20 October 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

hello foxhound :)

if this is a real story, then you might want to know that others have seen these 'people who are not there' too..i have no idea who or what they are, tho..but i have seen a couple

if you are interested, here is a little thread about it: http://www.unexplain...0
Hmm, that is quite interesting. Thank you for sharing Julia. Good to know it happens to others. I just found it an odd way of walking and for her to transfer to the opposite side of the road with her back to me within a second. It looked like she was moving, her legs taking big strides, yet she stayed in the same spot.

View PostRafterman, on 20 October 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

Oh my! Now THAT was hysterical! Is that the latest craze??

View PostRlyeh, on 20 October 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

This is why you shouldn't mix drinks with red bull.
Only, as you read, I didn't. :unsure2:

#10    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,662 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

must of been along drink

#11    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,262 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostFoxhound 87, on 20 October 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

The Sun illuminated your imagination by sounds of it.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#12    Old Sparky

Old Sparky

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 21 October 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

must of been along drink
As i said in my original post, i opened the can, then looked up.

#13    Old Sparky

Old Sparky

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:19 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 October 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

The Sun illuminated your imagination by sounds of it.
Do you ever post anything positive/respectful?

#14    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,262 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

View PostFoxhound 87, on 22 October 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

Do you ever post anything positive/respectful?
When it warrants it.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#15    Old Sparky

Old Sparky

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 22 October 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

When it warrants it.
Have you a link to this miracle?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users