Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Biblical Arguments Against Christian Zionism

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1    SCFan

SCFan

ISA 62:2; 65:15; HOS 1:10; 2:23; MATT 21:43; ACTS 11:26

• 2,621 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Christian Zionism supports the theological argument that the new covenant of Christ has not abrogated God's original covenant with Moses, that the church has not replaced Israel and that Israel's covenant privilages have never been revoked.

Christian Zionism supports the theological argument that the land promise is intrinsically linked to covenant and since this covenant cannot be annulled even through disobedience - even rejection of the messiah - then the land of Israel belongs exclusively to Judaism.

Nevertheless, the chief message of the prophets was Israel's fidelity to the covenant, how this was lived out in a life of righteousness, and the historic judgments that will fall on the land if there is disobedience.

Christian Zionism supports the theological argument that to fail to bless Israel, to fail to support Israel's political survival today, will incur divine judgment - that Christians are called on to blindly endorse all of Israel's political policies. Even criticism of Israel is unacceptable to many Christian Zionism.

Yet, according to the New Testament, all Christians are the children of Abraham, Jesus is the new Moses, the 12 apostles evoke memories of the 12 tribes, etc. To neglect this vital New Testament theme is to do a genuine disservice to the New Testament itself.

The central motif of the Book of Judges, is it simply foreshadowing for the kingdom era. The Babylonian exile is the best example of the consequences of infidelity to the covenant. In addition, the New Testament is making a stunning claim about genuine continuity between the covenants in that Christians are the children of Abraham and heir to his promises.

Christian Zionism is committed to what has been termed a "territorial religion." It assumes that God's interests are focused on a land, a locale, a place. From a New Testament perspective, the land is holy by reference to what transpired there in history. But it no longer has an intrinsic part to play in God's progress for the world. In other words, the land and that temple are now secondary. The fusion of national politics and religious mandate is gone. God wishes to reveal himself to the entire world.

What do the Jews think? According to Rabbi Yehiel Poupko, 85% of Jews worldwide see no religious significance to Israel. And they view the Christian Zionist program with some amusement.

But here is the key: Christian Zionists must beware of projecting unto Israel a religious self-justification that may not even be there. For most Jews, the State of Israel may have less to do with God than it has to do with ethnic or cultural survival.

The theological worldview embraced by Christian Zionism is that the Christian faith and politics MUST be wed in Israel.

Yet, in the New Testament, the term "chosen" however, is never used of the Jewish people. It is therefore no longer appropriate to designate the Jews as God's "chosen people". The term has been redefined to describe all those who trust in Jesus Christ.

And it is difficult to conceive how such an entirely futuristic interpretation of the prophecies would have brought any comfort to the Jewish exiles in Babylon to whom Ezekiel was sent to minister, yet this and similar passages provide the motivation for the restorationist movement today [Christian Zionism].  

The conviction that the Jewish Temple must be rebuilt is, ironically, the Achilles' heel of Christian Zionism for it is inevitably also associated with the reintroduction of the Mosaic sacrificial system.

The immediate context for Ezekiel's vision of a rebuilt Temple is the promised return of the Jews from the Babylonian exile, not some long distant eschatological event. This would have been utterly meaningless to the exiles longing to return to Israel. How could Ezekiel be referringf to some future millennial age, when Jesus Christ fulfilled the role of the sacrificial system, ONCE AND FOR ALL, by the shedding his own blood? To suggest that animal sacrifices must be reintroduced undermines the New Testament insistance that the work of Christ is sufficient, final and complete.

The followers of Jesus Christ are called to be peace makers (Matthew 5:9), to love their enemies (Matthew 5:44) and to no longer regard others from a worldly point of view but instead reach out to the widow and orphan, the poor, the sick and stranger, through a ministry of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:16-20). Tragically, many Christian Zionists, it seems, are more concerned with heralding Armageddon than building peace.

Best-selling Christian Zionist writers such as Hal Lindsay and Jack Van Impe detach predictions concerning the future from the convenantal context within which the prophecies were originally given. Lindsay's view is at variance with the Hebrew prophets themselves who consistently stress that their intention was to call God's people back to the terms of their covenant relationship, not reveal arbitrary and otherwise hidden facts about predestined future events. Authentic biblical prophecy is always  conditional rather than fatalistic. The promises and warnings are conditional upon how people respond to God's instructions.

Such literalist assumptions preclude any possibility of an alternative reading of the Bible, history or a just and lasting outcome to the search for peace in the Middle East.

Satirically, Kenneth Cragg summarises the implications of Christian Zionism's ethnic exclusivity:

It is so; God chose the Jews; the land is theirs by divine gift. These dicta cannot be questioned or resisted. They are final. Such verdicts come infallibly from Christian biblicists for whom Israel can do no wrong, thus fortified. But can such positivism, this unquestioning finality, be compatible with the integrity of the Prophets themselves? It certainly cannont square with the open peoplehood under God which is the crux of New Testament faith. Nor can it well be reconciled with the ethical demands central to law and election alike.

Christian Zionism only thrives on a futurist and literal hermeneutic when Old Testament promises made to the ancient Jewish people are transposed on to the contemporary State of Israel. To do  so it is necessary to ignore, marginalise or by-pass the New Testament which reinterprets, annuls and fulfills those promises in and through Jesus Christ and his followers.

Ultimately, what difference did the coming of Jesus Christ make to the traditional Jewish hopes and expectations about the land? We may not interpret the Old Covenant as if the coming of Jesus made little or no difference to the nationalistic and territorial aspirations of the 1st-century Judaism.

Christian Zionism is an exclusive theology that focuses on the Jews in the land rather than the inclusive theology that centres on Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the world. Christian Zionism provides a theological endorsement for apartheid and human rights abuses, rather than a theology of justice, peace and reconciliation which lies at the heart of the New Covenant.

GoSC would like to Gary M Burge and Stephen Sizer, the true authors of this content I posted rather piecemail.

Edited by GoSC, 20 October 2013 - 11:03 PM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,374 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

The article fairly states what a Christian Zionist believes and I have no problem admitting it.  With the ONE exception that a CZ MUST agree with every political move of the secular government of Israel.  Some do, I'm sure, but as with any group there are differences and shades of conscience.  Replacement theology is negated in this statement: Genesis 17: 6-8
God makes it crystal clear that his contract with Abram's descendants is EVERLASTING.  That they will have the land and his blessings.  The blessings ARE contingent on obedience and they were several times removed and sent into punishment but it also is clear that they will be regathered and that through a chastisement at the end of days they will FINALLY "get it" and understand what they have been missing and why.  The fact that your authors disagree with this is not unusual - MANY replacement theological types are out there.  They (and you) are free to believe anything you like.  The proof will come with time.  If Israel is defeated and completely removed from their land in my lifetime I will admit that I am wrong.  Until then I see no proof here - just another interpretation of scripture.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#3    SCFan

SCFan

• 2,621 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

View Postand then, on 21 October 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

The article fairly states what a Christian Zionist believes and I have no problem admitting it.  With the ONE exception that a CZ MUST agree with every political move of the secular government of Israel.  Some do, I'm sure, but as with any group there are differences and shades of conscience.  Replacement theology is negated in this statement: Genesis 17: 6-8
God makes it crystal clear that his contract with Abram's descendants is EVERLASTING.  That they will have the land and his blessings.  The blessings ARE contingent on obedience and they were several times removed and sent into punishment but it also is clear that they will be regathered and that through a chastisement at the end of days they will FINALLY "get it" and understand what they have been missing and why.  The fact that your authors disagree with this is not unusual - MANY replacement theological types are out there.  They (and you) are free to believe anything you like.  The proof will come with time.  If Israel is defeated and completely removed from their land in my lifetime I will admit that I am wrong.  Until then I see no proof here - just another interpretation of scripture.

That is the nation promise, the land promise, and the seed promise made to Abraham by God. And these were already ALL fulfilled.

The Nation Promise was already fulfilled see Genesis 46:3; Exodus 1:7; and Deuteronomy 26:5

The Land Promise was already fulfilled see Joshua 21:43-45, 23:14-15; 1 Kings 4:21, 8:56; and 2 Chronicles 9:26

And the Seed Promise was already fulfilled see Acts 3:25-26

And what about Galatians 3:26-29. Replacement theology has never been negated. Are you going to argue against Saint Paul?

Paul says Christians are the children of Abraham and heirs to the promises. What promises, you say? Why the promises written down in Genesis 17:6-8, of course, silly!

Did you even read the whole article I posted, and then? Why would God speak to Ezekiel to deliver messages to the Jews in exile about event that are to occur according to Christian Zionist... 2,545 years from the exile?

So basically God says through his prophets, "Hey guys, I am going to end your exile soon... but I am going to exile you guys again... and I will bring you back into the land 2,545 years from today. Sounds great huh, guys? Wonderful news indeed. But get this, the third you are exiled from the land it will be nearly two whole millenniums, about 1,800 years to be precise guys. How does that grab you. Ain't I an awesome and wonderful God? Keep up the faith, guys. Here's looking at the year 1948."

And this is no mockery I intended just point out the absurdities that Ezekiel and the other prophets were prophecying about events over 2,500 years into the future in order to get the Israelites to repent and return to the God, and observe the convenant with fidelity.

Here's the thing, the Bible says God only promised that land to the Jews three times, first to Abraham, then to Moses, and finally to the post-Babylonian exile Jews. There is no mention in the scriptures of a fourth time. The Old Testament Prophets most if not all were written DURING the exile. It was a contemporary message to the contemporary Jews that their messages spoke to.

Edited by GoSC, 21 October 2013 - 05:46 PM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#4    SCFan

SCFan

• 2,621 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:15 AM

The blessings and promises of Abraham can be forfeited through unbelief and disobedience. The prophet Jeremiah gives the following warning:

Then you will call upon and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather yoiu from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile." (Jeremiah 29:12-14)

The physical restoration of Israel did take place at the time of Ezra and Nehemiah. The Jews returned to Jerusalem and the Temple was rebuilt.

The return of the Jews had already been fulfilled at the time of their return from the Babylonian exile which King Cyrus made possible. They did return and the temple was rebuilt and was dedicated in the year 516 BC. Restoration to the land in the Old Testament, however, is conditional. Since the people of Israel disobeyed God, they forfeited any right of return or the blessings of promises.

As we enjoy the promise of the Father, we need to be very careful when we come to the subject of prophecies and end times. Jesus is telling us today also that "It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His authority." (Acts 1:7)

Furthermore, now onto the topic of the Temple:

"Jesus answered them, 'Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.'
The Jews replied, 'It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?' But the temple he had spoken of was his body. After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the Scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken." (John 2:19-22)

Which interpretation is correct? Certainly the Jewish leaders were wrong since Jesus was talking about His body.

If the temple is rebuilt, it will not be part of God's plan. God will not dwell in it and no sacrifice will be accepted by God for the remission of sin. The Spirit of the Lord stopped dwelling in the temple when Jesus died on the cross and veil of the temple was torn from top to bottom. (Matthew 27:51)

Paul, in Acts 17:24, puts it beautifully: "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of Heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands."

Hebrews 10:12-14 tells us very clearly that Jesus was the last sacrifice for sin:

"But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God. Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool, because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy."

#5    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 8,018 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

Nowhere in the bibe does it say that the promises to Israel were revoked or "abrogated" as you put it. Actually the opposite is true.

As Paul himself put it:

Romans 11
1 I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! For I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he appeals to God against Israel? 3 “Lord, they have killed your prophets, they have demolished your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life.” 4 But what is God's reply to him? “I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.”

11 So I ask, did they stumble in order that they might fall? By no means! Rather through their trespass salvation has come to the Gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous. 12 Now if their trespass means riches for the world, and if their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their full inclusion mean!
13 Now I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry 14 in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them. 15 For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead? 16 If the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, so is the whole lump, and if the root is holy, so are the branches.
17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree, 18 do not be arrogant toward the branches.

While you may reject Zionism, it is also a mistake to believe it to something that is not biblical.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#6    SCFan

SCFan

• 2,621 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

Jor-El,

Please read Romans 10:12 and Galatians 3:28-29.

Their message is this, God leveled the field between Jew and Gentile. One does not hold any special privilages ESPECIALLY land promises over the other. They are all equal before God, thus Palestinian and Jew are equals. God is no repecter of persons, remember (including Jews).

#7    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 18,599 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

Israels right to existence as a nation and to the territories it was given  under international law is an entirely secular  political matter. It has nothing to do with any religious belief. I am a strong supporter of israel for historical, political, and moral reasons, but theology has no say in this matter. i would argue that to use it clouds, and even weakens, Israel's real  arguments for its right to existence.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#8    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 14,361 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:05 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 25 October 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

Israels right to existence as a nation and to the territories it was given  under international law is an entirely secular  political matter. It has nothing to do with any religious belief.
Palestine's right to existence as a nation and to the territories it was given under international law is an entirely secular political matter.  

So it has nothing to do with religious beliefs...to you.  To many people who support it, it is the central reason for doing so.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#9    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 14,361 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:15 AM

Zionism creates "anti-Semitism" and I put that insult in quotes because we have to butcher the definition of the word "Semite" in order to make sense of it.

The reasons given by orthodox Jews in the US sound reasonable enough to me.   Because Americans generally don't have to personally suffer with Israel's inhuman policies overseas, they can sweep the moral outrage of that place under the rug easily enough, and just take the safe road that they've been goaded and guilt-tripped their whole lives into taking.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#10    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 8,018 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostGoSC, on 24 October 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

Jor-El,

Please read Romans 10:12 and Galatians 3:28-29.

Their message is this, God leveled the field between Jew and Gentile. One does not hold any special privilages ESPECIALLY land promises over the other. They are all equal before God, thus Palestinian and Jew are equals. God is no repecter of persons, remember (including Jews).

I am well aware that one is no more important than the other in the eyes of God, but i would like you to consider that  what you are transmitting is that the Jews have been cut off from the promises, something that is not biblical and is in fact a terrible heresy that has led to anti-semitism in the gentile christian world.

Because of this terrible lie perpetuated by some less than responsible christians, even if they are called saints by many in this day and age, millions of Jews have died and been persecuted throughout the ages...

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#11    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 8,018 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostYamato, on 25 October 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

Zionism creates "anti-Semitism" and I put that insult in quotes because we have to butcher the definition of the word "Semite" in order to make sense of it.

The reasons given by orthodox Jews in the US sound reasonable enough to me.   Because Americans generally don't have to personally suffer with Israel's inhuman policies overseas, they can sweep the moral outrage of that place under the rug easily enough, and just take the safe road that they've been goaded and guilt-tripped their whole lives into taking.

Zionism does NOT create anti-semitism, anti-Zionism does this.

Zionism acknowledges the God given right of Israel to exist and its existence for all time is a promise made by God.

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#12    SCFan

SCFan

• 2,621 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

View PostJor-el, on 25 October 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

Zionism acknowledges the God given right of Israel to exist and its existence for all time is a promise made by God.

And my argument is that Israel is not even God's plan anymore. Christian Zionist claim "Israel is God's timepiece". And I ask how so?

"It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His authority." (Acts 1:7)

Right there Christian Zionism is contradicting the Word of God.

Have you heard what the new Israel Of God is? (Galatians 6:16)

I'll tell you, It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. Romans 9:6

Do you know what that verse above is stating, it is stating Jews who aren't believers in Christ aren't descendents of Israel. And vice versa, Gentiles that are believers in Christ are descended from Israel.

If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Galatians 3:29

If one belong to Christ, both Gentile and Jew, then they are both Abraham's seed and both are heirs according to the promises of Abraham.

For we who worship by the Spirit of God are the ones who are truly circumcised. We rely on what Christ Jesus has done for us. We put no confidence in human effort, Philippians 3:3

Who is truly circumcised? Well, the Jews and Gentiles that worship by the Spirit of God and rely on what Christ did for them and put no confidence in human effort (attempting to fulfill the Old Testament law). Who is uncircumcised? The Jews and Gentiles that fail to worship by the Spirit of God and don't rely on what Christ did for them and put confidence in human efforts (attempt to fulfill the Old Testament law).

But here is one of my favorite passages against Christian Zionism, Ephesians 2:11-22

11 Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called “Uncircumcision” by the so-called “Circumcision,” which is performed in the flesh by human hands— 12 remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14 For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall,

What groups is Paul speaking that Christ made into one? ... why, Jews and Gentiles. And what barrier of the dividing wall did Christ break down?... Why, the Old Testament covenent and God's "chosen". Both Christ-believing Jews and Gentile are now God's chosen.

15 by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace, 16 and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity.

What two did Christ make into one new man? Who did Christ reconcile both in one body to God? The answer to both questions here is Christ-believing Jews and Gentiles.

17 And He came and preached peace to you who were far away, and peace to those who were near; 18 for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit

Who represents the whole building? Who is being fitted together? Who is growing into a holy temple in the Lord? Who is being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit?

Christ-believing Jews and Gentiles.

Christian Zionists are literally throwbacks and defying the Word of God. In essence defying God.

#13    Labyrinthus

Labyrinthus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 115 posts

• "Through the study of books one seeks God; by meditation one finds him"

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

View PostGoSC, on 20 October 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

... that Christians are called on to blindly endorse all of Israel's political policies. Even criticism of Israel is unacceptable to many Christian Zionism.

I am no expert on this subject but I am pretty sure that this claim is just plain false.

#14    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 14,361 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

View PostJor-el, on 25 October 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

Zionism is what it is, and it is in the encyclopedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionism

That whole biblical thing wasn't necessary when you start doing more research into Zionism and where the "Jewish Homeland" was supposed to be.  They considered many different places on many continents.  The Zionist movement was not limited to this "God-given" or "made by God" stuff you're bringing up.  These Zionists aren't pious, they aren't even religious.   If the Biblical bit reinforces their political interests then so be it.  Why would they fight that?  Christian Zionists like the kind we see on this board today are as good a political ally as an Israeli will ever have.

#15    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 14,361 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

View PostJor-el, on 25 October 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

I am well aware that one is no more important than the other in the eyes of God, but i would like you to consider that  what you are transmitting is that the Jews have been cut off from the promises, something that is not biblical and is in fact a terrible heresy that has led to anti-semitism in the gentile christian world.

Because of this terrible lie perpetuated by some less than responsible christians, even if they are called saints by many in this day and age, millions of Jews have died and been persecuted throughout the ages...
Jews are forbidden to have their own state until the coming of the Jewish Messiah.  What's heresy to you is what you're not familiar with, maybe it's what you're not comfortable with, but unfortunately like all religions, different interpretations are not only possible, they're certain.

Millions of native Americans, of Asians, of Christians, of people of all types in all places have been persecuted through the ages.   Time to live in the present and stop blaming innocent people alive today for all the historical crap and bull that happened centuries ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users