Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

10 military us projects we know off..


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:in between

  • The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:32 PM



Found this web site online.

Food for thought.

http://listverse.com...gence-projects/

Edited by qxcontinuum, 22 October 2013 - 12:36 PM.


#2    Rafterman

Rafterman

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,409 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upstate

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

It is interesting to note that the rise in sightings of triangular shaped craft coincidences pretty nicely with the development and testing of the F117 and B2.

Up until then, UFOs were pretty much cigar-shaped and saucers.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#3    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:in between

  • The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

That is exactly what i've said here:

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=256539


#4    quillius

quillius

    52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

  • Member
  • 5,375 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

View PostRafterman, on 22 October 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

It is interesting to note that the rise in sightings of triangular shaped craft coincidences pretty nicely with the development and testing of the F117 and B2.

Up until then, UFOs were pretty much cigar-shaped and saucers.

although a majority of reports also have the craft at a much much bigger size, slow in flight/hovering, silent adn the ability to suddenly whizz off at a rate of knots.

We cant ignore these aspects of the reports and just focus on the shape alone.

If we look at a recent thread posted by 1963, there is not one part of the witness description that would fit the F117 or the B2. I also know of triangle reports dating back to at least the early 1970s.


#5    zoser

zoser

    Sapphire

  • Member
  • 10,009 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London UK

  • It is later than you think.

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostRafterman, on 22 October 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

It is interesting to note that the rise in sightings of triangular shaped craft coincidences pretty nicely with the development and testing of the F117 and B2.

Up until then, UFOs were pretty much cigar-shaped and saucers.

Not that old wives tale again.  

The Stealth aircraft are a poor man's UFO.

Look at the characteristics of the triangular UFO's.

They hover, are extremely fast, unusual lighting, huge................in short nothing like a tin can stealth bomber.

Posted Image


#6    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:in between

  • The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

but where are these pics? where can i see them truly in their 10 mega pixels splendor ...


#7    sards

sards

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 223 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cape Town

  • Open Mind

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

The US really needs to up it's game.


#8    Rafterman

Rafterman

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,409 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upstate

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

View Postquillius, on 22 October 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:



although a majority of reports also have the craft at a much much bigger size, slow in flight/hovering, silent adn the ability to suddenly whizz off at a rate of knots.

We cant ignore these aspects of the reports and just focus on the shape alone.

If we look at a recent thread posted by 1963, there is not one part of the witness description that would fit the F117 or the B2. I also know of triangle reports dating back to at least the early 1970s.

Well those dates would be consistent with the development of the F117 platform.  Not to mention that "flying wing" aircraft have been around since 1915.

As for the other aspects, most of these sightings are at night right?  We all know how difficult it is to determine the size of flying objects without reference points.  Add to that the night time aspects of the sightings and the other claims can be mistaken as well.  Then, of course, there is the issue of people lying.  

And as Continuum asked, where are the photos from all of these sightings?

View Postzoser, on 22 October 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:



Not that old wives tale again.  

The Stealth aircraft are a poor man's UFO.

Look at the characteristics of the triangular UFO's.

They hover, are extremely fast, unusual lighting, huge................in short nothing like a tin can stealth bomber.

And the photos of all of these are where exactly?

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#9    freetoroam

freetoroam

    Honourary member of the UM asylum

  • Member
  • 8,436 posts
  • Joined:11 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:rivers and canals of England and Wales.

  • If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 22 October 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

Found this web site online.

Food for thought.

http://listverse.com...gence-projects/
Roswell was a cracker, IMO they needed the UFO story to grasp hold of people, and they knew it would, because they did not want people to know what was actually going on behind closed doors (and open skies), and nothing has changed much since.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#10    quillius

quillius

    52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

  • Member
  • 5,375 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

View PostRafterman, on 22 October 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

Well those dates would be consistent with the development of the F117 platform.  Not to mention that "flying wing" aircraft have been around since 1915.

As for the other aspects, most of these sightings are at night right?  We all know how difficult it is to determine the size of flying objects without reference points.  Add to that the night time aspects of the sightings and the other claims can be mistaken as well.  Then, of course, there is the issue of people lying.  

And as Continuum asked, where are the photos from all of these sightings?

And the photos of all of these are where exactly?

I thought the F117 was early 1980's, my mistake if it was early 70's.
I am not sure if most are at night but lets say they are for the purpose of this discussion. Firstly people lying, we can exclude those as we are talking about misidentifications here not the validity of the testimony. So people claim very large in size, hovering, incredible speeds and manouvers and traingular in shape. What I am struggling with is why we can accept the fact that people are able to determine the shape but are mistaken about everything else. The shape may be the hardest part to establish if the F117 was flying 10,000ft up at night, I dont see how people would see a low flying extremely large triangle that hovers and takes off at speed and mistake this for the F117.

Of course there will have been misidentifications of the F117 as a UFO, but it cannot be the cause of some of these triangle sightings because it doesnt make sense or meet any of the criteria apart from a vague resemblance to a triangle, which as mentioned would be very difficult to fathom at night and at over 10,000ft.

I think if you look at some of these cases and the sequence of events and people involved, coupled with their reactions I do not find a lack of photos strange but in line with the storys events as described.
Lets take the case posted by 1963 about the patrolman, the two truckers and the lady, I dont see who and at what time could have been (reasonably) expected to take a photo.

The Phoenix lights however (the earlier event not the lights/flares) of a huge triangular craft moving across the state, for this event I would have expected photos....


#11    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Joined:07 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AREA 69

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

the Lockheed Have Blue ( http://de.wikipedia....kheed_Have_Blue ), Prototype of the F-117, really dates back to the mid-/ late 70's, and the concept for the B2 is even older. To me it's totally plausible though that one can see a rise in "Triangle"-sightings that coincides with those two planes being introduced publicly. Both plane concepts are rather unusual and in the case of the F-117 unseen before, so there's plenty of room for people misidentifying or widely exaggerating their first glimpses of those planes in the sky.

I hesitate a bit though to attribute ALL Triangle sightings just to these two plane types.

My uncle used to live in Eupen, Belgium, and when the UFO flap hit Belgium in the late 80s/early 90s, he told us the most amazing stories he got out of the newspapers or in one occasion heard first hand. A thing those stories had in common was indeed the total absence of sound when people spotted these craft. I've never seen one of the airplanes mentioned above myself, but i figure that you can hear them pretty well, even though they're stealth.

Maybe the F-117 and B-2 were the ones revealed to the public, while a third type of airplane was REALLY kept secret up to this day? Well, who knows....


#12    quillius

quillius

    52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

  • Member
  • 5,375 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 23 October 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

the Lockheed Have Blue ( http://de.wikipedia....kheed_Have_Blue ), Prototype of the F-117, really dates back to the mid-/ late 70's, and the concept for the B2 is even older. To me it's totally plausible though that one can see a rise in "Triangle"-sightings that coincides with those two planes being introduced publicly. Both plane concepts are rather unusual and in the case of the F-117 unseen before, so there's plenty of room for people misidentifying or widely exaggerating their first glimpses of those planes in the sky.

I hesitate a bit though to attribute ALL Triangle sightings just to these two plane types.

My uncle used to live in Eupen, Belgium, and when the UFO flap hit Belgium in the late 80s/early 90s, he told us the most amazing stories he got out of the newspapers or in one occasion heard first hand. A thing those stories had in common was indeed the total absence of sound when people spotted these craft. I've never seen one of the airplanes mentioned above myself, but i figure that you can hear them pretty well, even though they're stealth.

Maybe the F-117 and B-2 were the ones revealed to the public, while a third type of airplane was REALLY kept secret up to this day? Well, who knows....

Hey JT, I just struggle to see how people can firstly see a triangle shape of this craft when they fly at night over 10,000ft up in the sky. Ok granted exaggerations happen but hovering, 1000ft in size, takes of at immense speed doesnt coinicide with you basic exaggeration....its either made up completely or not the same thing IMO.


#13    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Joined:07 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AREA 69

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

View Postquillius, on 23 October 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

Hey JT, I just struggle to see how people can firstly see a triangle shape of this craft when they fly at night over 10,000ft up in the sky. Ok granted exaggerations happen but hovering, 1000ft in size, takes of at immense speed doesnt coinicide with you basic exaggeration....its either made up completely or not the same thing IMO.


hey Quillius,  you're right with that, and what i was trying to get across with my post was going into the same direction, but it seems this attempt crashed down like a badly designed experimental plane
Let me try to sum up what i meant:

I acknowledge the fact that sightings of triangle shaped craft (or say UFOs in general) rose when these stealth planes were introduced to the public, due to their radical design concept.
BUT: from what i read or was told about the Belgium UFO wave, there is no way that those stealth planes could be held responsible for all of those sightings. The Belgium triangles were credited with attributes like total silence, the ability to hover in place and being overall really really huge. The Neither the F-117 nor the B-2 shows all of these attributes.

Better now? ;)


#14    quillius

quillius

    52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

  • Member
  • 5,375 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:LONDON

  • A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 23 October 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

hey Quillius,  you're right with that, and what i was trying to get across with my post was going into the same direction, but it seems this attempt crashed down like a badly designed experimental plane
Let me try to sum up what i meant:

I acknowledge the fact that sightings of triangle shaped craft (or say UFOs in general) rose when these stealth planes were introduced to the public, due to their radical design concept.
BUT: from what i read or was told about the Belgium UFO wave, there is no way that those stealth planes could be held responsible for all of those sightings. The Belgium triangles were credited with attributes like total silence, the ability to hover in place and being overall really really huge. The Neither the F-117 nor the B-2 shows all of these attributes.

Better now? ;)

Perfect!!!

:tu:


#15    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 11,670 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

some early delta wing craft factoids!!

"The first practical uses of delta wing came in the form of so-called "tailless delta", i.e. without the horizontal tailplane. In fact the designs were at the same time also the first flying wings.

It could be argued if 1924 Cheranovsky designs, having one-of-a-kind parabolic planform,[5] fit the category of delta wings. Nevertheless, a triangular wing was pioneered especially by Alexander Lippisch in Germany.

He was first to fly tailless delta aircraft in 1931, followed by four improved designs. None of these was easy in handling at slow speeds, and none saw widespread service. During the war Lippisch studied a number of ramjet powered (sometimes coal-fueled) delta-wing interceptor aircraft, one progressing as far as a glider prototype.[10] Another pioneering design was the 1934 delta-wing Sigma 4 Interceptor, designed by Aleksandr Moskalyev in the Soviet Union.

more
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Delta_wing


And...

The Mirage III is a supersonic fighter aircraft designed by Dassault Aviation during the mid-1950s, and manufactured both in France and a number of other countries.

http://en.wikipedia....ault_Mirage_III

Posted Image

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users