Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Plans - Within - Plans:Canadian Public Option

canadian public option

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#31    tinysbox13

tinysbox13

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• "**** Happens"

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 24 October 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

Canadians have a flawed Single Payer System that creates .........long........lines.

Give American's long lines to stand in when... they get the newest iPhone - They'll do it.
Give American's long lines to stand in when... they want to go see a new movie - They'll do it.
Give American's long lines to stand in when... they want the new game coming out - They'll do it.
Give American's long lines to stand in when... it'll save their life - Not a chance in Hell!

b****es runnin' whild!

cogito ergo sum

#32    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

View Posttinysbox13, on 24 October 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

Give American's long lines to stand in when... they get the newest iPhone - They'll do it.
Give American's long lines to stand in when... they want to go see a new movie - They'll do it.
Give American's long lines to stand in when... they want the new game coming out - They'll do it.
Give American's long lines to stand in when... it'll save their life - Not a chance in Hell!

b****es runnin' whild!

Long Lines for the Canadian Public Option make you wait....................9 months for surgery!

Grab the Band-Aid : Medical Tourism - Fly to Texas

#33    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,099 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 24 October 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Long Lines for the Canadian Public Option make you wait....................9 months for surgery!

Yea, some are a few days though? Others a week or two, some a few weeks. You know Triage.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#34    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostThanato, on 24 October 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

Yea, some are a few days though? Others a week or two, some a few weeks. You know Triage.

It's quicker and easier to fly to Texas.

Too many people in Canada.

NHS in Great Britain is also a Train Wreck.

#35    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,099 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 24 October 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

It's quicker and easier to fly to Texas.

Too many people in Canada.

NHS in Great Britain is also a Train Wreck.

I would rather keep my money and have surgery close to home, with capable doctors then trust it to the US. I trust my system, sure it has its flaws but I have heard to many home destroying stories in the US.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

#36    tinysbox13

tinysbox13

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• "**** Happens"

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 24 October 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Would you happen to have the numbers of the people waiting that have already passed? (cannot find anything)
I mainly want to focus on you trying to send everyone down here to Tejas...why?

cogito ergo sum

#37    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Psychic Spy

• 1,022 posts

• "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    -Buddha

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 24 October 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

ObamaCare IS a disaster.

Solution: Get Rid of It

90% of Americans were satisfied with the old health care system.

Create a NEW Quick Fix to address the other 10%. Pre-existing Condition ? Okay, create a fix for that ONLY.

There is no reason to tip the entire U.S. Health Care system on its head.

Also, follow Texas and add Tort Reform.

Sure 90% of Americans were okay with the old healthcare system. Except for the FACT that costs under that old system were going to literally SKYROCKET out of control in the next decade due to the baby boomers needing more and more care. It was a broken and flawed system. So what did we do? We combined the worst aspects of the private insurance system (profiting from keeping people sick and forcing people to pay huge costs that they cannot afford) with the worst aspects of the single payer system (forcing everyone to pay in) and what do we get? A big cluster****, that's what we get.

I agree that tort reform is needed, tort laws are a huge contributor to skyrocketing medical costs. However you are wrong in assuming that the problem was only pre-existing conditions. The problem was unsustainable future medical costs skyrocketing.

This is the real problem:
Posted Image

Now combine that graph with our aging baby boomer population and you see why our old system was unsustainable and going to become a train wreck anyways. Obamacare might stall the train wreck for a bit maybe, or it might speed it right along. Can you tell that I have zero faith in our govt. to get things done right? A sad state of affairs the US is in today.

Edited by Einsteinium, 24 October 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#38    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostThanato, on 24 October 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

I would rather keep my money and have surgery close to home, with capable doctors then trust it to the US. I trust my system, sure it has its flaws but I have heard to many home destroying stories in the US.

~Thanato

You appear to be in the minority. There are 15 Medical Tourism Companies in Canada doing very well.

Thank God for the Medical Tourism Band-Aid. It's a life saver.

#39    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,099 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 24 October 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

You appear to be in the minority. There are 15 Medical Tourism Companies in Canada doing very well.

Thank God for the Medical Tourism Band-Aid. It's a life saver.

Well for rich people who want to jump the line or what ever but I have only heard of one person that I know going to the US for surgery and that was because the procedure had yet to be approved for Canada.

~Thanato

#40    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostThanato, on 24 October 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Well for rich people who want to jump the line or what ever but I have only heard of one person that I know going to the US for surgery and that was because the procedure had yet to be approved for Canada.

~Thanato

Pretty much this. The vast majority of Canadians don't really have the option of just shelling out a few grand and jetting off to a foreign location for medical care.

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#41    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostEinsteinium, on 24 October 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

Sure 90% of Americans were okay with the old healthcare system. Except for the FACT that costs under that old system were going to literally SKYROCKET out of control in the next decade due to the baby boomers needing more and more care. It was a broken and flawed system. So what did we do? We combined the worst aspects of the private insurance system (profiting from keeping people sick and forcing people to pay huge costs that they cannot afford) with the worst aspects of the single payer system (forcing everyone to pay in) and what do we get? A big cluster****, that's what we get.

I agree that tort reform is needed, tort laws are a huge contributor to skyrocketing medical costs. However you are wrong in assuming that the problem was only pre-existing conditions. The problem was unsustainable future medical costs skyrocketing.

This is the real problem:
Posted Image

Now combine that graph with our aging baby boomer population and you see why our old system was unsustainable and going to become a train wreck anyways. Obamacare might stall the train wreck for a bit maybe, or it might speed it right along. Can you tell that I have zero faith in our govt. to get things done right? A sad state of affairs the US is in today.

Costs were "skyrocketing" due to lack of Tort Reform.

Good News: Tort Reform was passed in Texas. Many doctors moved there. :tu:

------------
More Good News ! CNN Dana Bash : Senior democrat source tells me to expect every democrat senator running in 2014 to back

proposal to Delay ObamaCare. :tu:

http://twitter.com/DanaBashCNN

#42    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 24 October 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

Pretty much this. The vast majority of Canadians don't really have the option of just shelling out a few grand and jetting off to a foreign location for medical care.

When they feel like an elephant is sitting on their chest, then they grab a credit card to stop the chest pains ASAP.

Fly to Texas for bypass surgery.

Worry about paying off the credit card after you tell the Grim Reaper to get lost!

#43    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,091 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 23 October 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

I would rather get back alley surgery than enter your Country. Maybe even Mexico back alley surgery.  Or just let myself die.
That's a lie.  You could prove me wrong and try one of those options.  Of course option 1 and 2 both usually end up option 3 so......be my guest.

#44    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Psychic Spy

• 1,022 posts

• "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    -Buddha

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 24 October 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

When they feel like an elephant is sitting on their chest, then they grab a credit card to stop the chest pains ASAP.

Fly to Texas for bypass surgery.

Worry about paying off the credit card after you tell the Grim Reaper to get lost!

Life threatening cases get put to the top of the list. There would be no wait time if you needed immediate bypass surgery get your facts straight. They have a system that puts the people with the most urgent needs at the top of the list. The other people with non-life threatening conditions have to wait. So if you can't wait 3 months for that hip replacement surgery then you spend a lot of money and fly to the US to have it done right away. Otherwise you wait 3 months and have it done anyways. People are not laying around waiting to die in lines across Canada. How silly.

#45    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostEinsteinium, on 24 October 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

Life threatening cases get put to the top of the list. There would be no wait time if you needed immediate bypass surgery get your facts straight. They have a system that puts the people with the most urgent needs at the top of the list. The other people with non-life threatening conditions have to wait. So if you can't wait 3 months for that hip replacement surgery then you spend a lot of money and fly to the US to have it done right away. Otherwise you wait 3 months and have it done anyways. People are not laying around waiting to die in lines across Canada. How silly.

Oh, i would double check that if i were you!

Canadians fly to Houston specifically for heart bypass surgery and business is booming.

Maybe you should call 1 of the 15 Medical Tourism Companies for a quick fact check.

BTW, why are there 15 Medical Tourism Companies?  Why not just 2 or 3 ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users