Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

sheriff's shoot 13 year old

• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#346    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 20 November 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

.  When one actually ends up being true, they won't listen...
so? let them not believe. who cares.  all that is matters is that you were right, saw it happen, and prepared, unlike others. their loss. all figuratevely speaking of course.

Edited by aztek, 20 November 2013 - 09:06 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#347    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:18 PM

View Postaztek, on 20 November 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

so? let them not believe. who cares.  all that is matters is that you were right, saw it happen, and prepared, unlike others. their loss. all figuratevely speaking of course.

I think your statement is very shortsighted, and not well thought out.  I can't speak for him, or you, but I know I have peers that I would like to listen to me so I don't lose them.

Maybe he would like his mother, brother, sister, etc. safe from whatever may happen.  You say "all that is matters is that you were right", I say losing my family even though I was correct would be at best a Pyrrhic Victory.

#348    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

well if you care more about what others think of you, than what happens in real world with you, and them for that matter, than i guess you made your choice.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#349    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

View Postaztek, on 20 November 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

well if you care more about what others think of you, than what happens in real world with you, and them for that matter, than i guess you made your choice.

No, I mean that I don't want those that I care about to perceive my warnings as another "crying wolf".  It has nothing to do what other think of me.

For a personal example, I don't care what my brother thinks of me.  He could think I'm a loser for all I care.  I just want him to believe me when I say "We need to get out, there are bombs heading this way".  If I had told him that several times before, and I was wrong, he won't believe me when it matters.  As much as it is to keep my brother safe for his own good, it's just as much for myself, as I wouldn't be happy that my brother didn't heed my warning, and succumbed to the explosions.  I would have to live on without my brother, being correct wouldn't balance out the loss of my sibling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users