Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Extraterrestrial Etiquette.

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,084 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

I thought this was a good question, how to deal with ET if we ever meet?

quote:

Extraterrestrial Etiquette: How Should Humanity Interact with Alien Life?

Humanity should start thinking about how to interact with alien species long before coming into contact with extraterrestrial life, experts say.

Coming up with a strict set of guidelines that govern the way people on future interstellar space missions study and interact with aliens is imperative before anyone blasts off to a distant world, according to attendees at Starship Congress in August.

While a "prime directive" — the rule that prevented Star Fleet officers from interfering with the business of alien life-forms on TV's "Star Trek" — might be a little extreme, such a rule could help govern interactions between aliens and humans.

More
http://www.space.com...tact-rules.html

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

since we're living in a society where we don't discriminate sexually or religious believes I'll vote for "intimate meetups" with Aliens-ele..i am personally however against "anal probing" :no:

#3    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Fat and complacent

• 25,926 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

I wish I'd been at Starship Congress. You can just imagine the number of people in Star Trek uniforms, can't you.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

What if aliens did visit Earth one day and they actually want nothing to do with the humans as we are not advanced enough, and they have come to see the intelligence on this planet which they feel they can relate to better...the ant?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#5    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• 1,839 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

or seeing humans as live stock !

#6    lufia

lufia

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 24 October 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

What if aliens did visit Earth one day and they actually want nothing to do with the humans as we are not advanced enough, and they have come to see the intelligence on this planet which they feel they can relate to better...the ant?

If true, they probably view us as an amusement park or Zoo, I know I will if i was a wise and one billion year old race, enlightened as can be :innocent: . Seeing us blow up ourselves with bombs and fighting over oil, I would not approach the humans as of yet but instead watch them for good entertainment and study.

Edited by lufia, 24 October 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#7    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

If or when we ever meet ET, how should first contact be handled? Good question. Should it be the brightest and best, scientists, politicians that get to shake ETs hand or should it be a common person....or a religous, philosophical figure, or...? I used to think that discovering intelligent extraterrestrials would be a great thing.

But Im not so sure anymore.

Lets say the Allen Telescope Array will parse the nearest thousand light-years of space. If there are other occupants of this galactic neighborhood, we could turn up a signal. What if that day comes??

Then what..!?

I personally dont think it would cause mass hysteria or public disorder. If anything, it might unite people from all over the world. For once, people from all over the world will have a feeling of being on the same side.

Or lets say they landed and said -Hello!

Then what..!?

The bottom line is, who they contact, and when, would most certainly be their decision, and if they spend time learning about us, I think their choice will be clear. I think that scientists would be the best choice,... politicians and religious leaders shouldnt even be on the list.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#8    aimlesswalk

aimlesswalk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• I walked aimlessly and then sat down awhile and then walked aimlessly again.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

I hope we interact in a way with aliens which permanently undermines our anthropomorphic views which foster a human view of the universe and leads to more diverse perspectives.

Edited by aimlesswalk, 24 October 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#9    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,168 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Shoot first.  Ask questins later.

#10    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,975 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 24 October 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

Then we would find aliens to be totally irrational and illogical, and not after all advanced?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#11    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,653 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

View PostHazzard, on 24 October 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

If or when we ever meet ET, how should first contact be handled? Good question. Should it be the brightest and best, scientists, politicians that get to shake ETs hand or should it be a common person....or a religous, philosophical figure, or...? I used to think that discovering intelligent extraterrestrials would be a great thing.

But Im not so sure anymore.

Lets say the Allen Telescope Array will parse the nearest thousand light-years of space. If there are other occupants of this galactic neighborhood, we could turn up a signal. What if that day comes??

Then what..!?

I personally dont think it would cause mass hysteria or public disorder. If anything, it might unite people from all over the world. For once, people from all over the world will have a feeling of being on the same side.

Or lets say they landed and said -Hello!

Then what..!?

The bottom line is, who they contact, and when, would most certainly be their decision, and if they spend time learning about us, I think their choice will be clear. I think that scientists would be the best choice,... politicians and religious leaders shouldnt even be on the list.

Might want to add UFO nuts and AA fanatics to that list. I have a feeling their excitement might get the better of them and they'd leave the impression we're a very... uninhibited... species. :)

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#12    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,094 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

View PostOverSword, on 24 October 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

Shoot first.  Ask questins later.
Yep, Star Trek shows us the way - we come in peace, shoot to kill...

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#13    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,975 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

From what I have decoded personally from the WOW! signal aliens are extremely offended by females in clothing, it disgusts them, and is an insult, also, strangely enough whilst they require liquids, they have evolved beyond a need for pure water, which is hard to come by on long space journeys, so they require concentrated forms with contaminates to improve the quality of the liquid with time, what we call "alcohol".

This is why they avoid us, we offend them.

Until women start getting around nekkid, and we give up water for alcohol just forget first contact. If you want to see aliens, people, you know what to do.

Hop to it, you're holding us all back. Why do you think rednecks who are out checking their still's get all the luck with aliens????? The alcohol draws them in, and then they give the Redneck a display of what is acceptable (Alien often turns into a Pamela Anderson look alike nekkid) but these numpties misinterpret it selfishly. Goes all the way back to the Boas case.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#14    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,338 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 25 October 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

From what I have decoded personally from the WOW! signal aliens are extremely offended by females in clothing, it disgusts them, and is an insult, also, strangely enough whilst they require liquids, they have evolved beyond a need for pure water, which is hard to come by on long space journeys, so they require concentrated forms with contaminates to improve the quality of the liquid with time, what we call "alcohol".

This is why they avoid us, we offend them.

Until women start getting around nekkid, and we give up water for alcohol just forget first contact. If you want to see aliens, people, you know what to do.

Hop to it, you're holding us all back. Why do you think rednecks who are out checking their still's get all the luck with aliens????? The alcohol draws them in, and then they give the Redneck a display of what is acceptable (Alien often turns into a Pamela Anderson look alike nekkid) but these numpties misinterpret it selfishly. Goes all the way back to the Boas case.
All sound Ideas ,psyche101 ! I do hope they get right on this train of thought ! Afterall the sooner`s the better`s  ! E.T only pop`s in from time to time for there little jolly`s  A Cow tipper here,a probe there, you know the drill.
Ouch ! Its the Drills that get me every time !

But on a serious a note ! As if that can be so,We will as you know Blast -em- right outta the Sky If they dont sneek in and grab Pam,and then Off with all our Brew`s !
THat wont be too bad a First encounter If you ask me ! We can Always bribe -em-back If we take Pam back ! :tu:  They will want to Deal you can bet your Krillian Dollars on that !

This is a Work in Progress!

#15    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,975 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:12 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 25 October 2013 - 01:53 AM, said:

All sound Ideas ,psyche101 ! I do hope they get right on this train of thought ! Afterall the sooner`s the better`s  ! E.T only pop`s in from time to time for there little jolly`s  A Cow tipper here,a probe there, you know the drill.
Ouch ! Its the Drills that get me every time !

But on a serious a note ! As if that can be so,We will as you know Blast -em- right outta the Sky If they dont sneek in and grab Pam,and then Off with all our Brew`s !
THat wont be too bad a First encounter If you ask me ! We can Always bribe -em-back If we take Pam back ! :tu:  They will want to Deal you can bet your Krillian Dollars on that !

Yes, if it was not for teenage aliens borrowing Mums sports saucer, and buzzing people and tipping cows, then we would have no clue they even existed.

I think Pam ought to be a bulk deal, they should take all of PETA with them. There has to be an asteroid someplace where we can send PETA people and stray domesticated animals.

But they will be reading this, forums is how they stay one step ahead.

Back to my Roast Lamb sandwich...........

Edited by psyche101, 25 October 2013 - 03:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users