Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Families plagued by cricket balls

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

• Charlie Elphicke warned £35,000 bill for safety fence would shut the club
  • Dover MP criticised by local people fed up with damage to homes by balls
  • Parish council said it is 'endeavouring' to find a solution to the problem
View: Read more

Posted Image

#2    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,559 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

It's hard to feel sorry for these people if the club was there first... they knew they were moving next door to it... The people living in the house should buy their own safety fence - problem solved...

#3    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,296 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

I soooo misunderstood that headline.  :huh: :lol:

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,810 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Well I must that if they are hitting the balls that good, then they should be signed up for the English cricket team.

As for the home owners who moved there knowing there was a cricket club there, good! they are the type who say " ohhh, I live beside a cricket club" but are surprised when a ball comes through their window!!??
What did they think people do at a cricket club?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#5    ZOD

ZOD

Future Leader of Earth

• 5,023 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:34 AM

Maybe they thought it was a club for crickets

Battle isn't wordplay.  It's skill and precision.  Get it? I'm better.

#6    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,354 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

Damnit, I feel dirty for agreeing with a bloody Tory!
Club was there first, you need to adapt.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#7    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,737 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

People never cease to amaze me. They will move near a shooting range or car race track and complain about the noise. Developers build new neighborhoods out in the country surrounded by cow, horse, pig and chicken farms and the idiot yuppies move in then complain about the smell. Who would've thought animals smell...duh? One couple even complained because they built a grill outside, a few feet from a fence that contained horses, and the horses pooped while they were trying to eat.

Edited by Michelle, 26 October 2013 - 02:07 AM.

#8    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,354 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:03 AM

My personal favourite is the people who buy homes across the road from the CLEARLY SIGNED Dakabin "Refuse Recreation Facility" and then campaign tirelessly to have it closed because "it smells". A dump Refuse Recreation Facility  that's been there for over 20 years.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#9    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:10 AM

View Postregi, on 25 October 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

I soooo misunderstood that headline.  :huh: :lol:

Too funny! Like how big could they be, hahaha!

#10    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

View PostMichelle, on 26 October 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

People never cease to amaze me. They will move near a shooting range or car race track and complain about the noise. Developers build new neighborhoods out in the country surrounded by cow, horse, pig and chicken farms and the idiot yuppies move in then complain about the smell. Who would've thought animals smell...duh? One couple even complained because they built a grill outside, a few feet from a fence that contained horses, and the horses pooped while they were trying to eat.

Exactly.. Like city people that buy holiday homes in the country or move to the country and then complain about the farm vehicles slowing down the traffic or the pheasants making too much noise.

Posted Image

#11    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,810 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

View PostSir Rupert Von-Fritz 3rd, on 26 October 2013 - 07:16 AM, said:

Exactly.. Like city people that buy holiday homes in the country or move to the country and then complain about the farm vehicles slowing down the traffic or the pheasants making too much noise.

This time of year, the pheasants round these parts tend to keep fairly quiet and not draw attention to themselves! Peacocks, on the other hand........!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#12    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,579 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostMichelle, on 26 October 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

Yep.  See it all the time here in farm country.  And my shooting club - that has been in the same location for almost 100 years has to deal with its new neighbors all of the time.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#13    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,810 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 26 October 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:

My personal favourite is the people who buy homes across the road from the CLEARLY SIGNED Dakabin "Refuse Recreation Facility" and then campaign tirelessly to have it closed because "it smells". A dump Refuse Recreation Facility  that's been there for over 20 years.
Some people think thier s  **  t does not smell....and are surprised when they realise every ones does!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#14    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,810 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

And for those who buy a house near an airport, just a reminder....those big ****  off things which take off, do not do "mute".

#15    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,355 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

At least they know how to hit cricket balls in England.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users