Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A rather depressing scenario...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    ambelamba

ambelamba

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

So we make the first contact someday. The aliens seem to be somewhat peaceful, resorting on diplomacy than an all-out shoot-em-up scenario.

But here's the problem. They look down on us. Openly. Unfortunately they seem to have much higher 'moral standard' and snobbish behavior. And even worse, they are completely lack of cognitive dissonance and incoherent behaviors, unlike humans. Mental illness is a rarity. Organized religions are some kind of comedic act at best. Promiscuity is purely an animal behavior. And they set up their HQ in the middle of West LA. (ha!)

They seem to be out to insult us and crush our souls. Unfortunately, they are also cognitively superior to us, by many folds. They do not hide their contempt on us. They do help us, but not without hurtful comments.

And teh worst part: They look human, except that they all look like the prime specimens of mankind: Tall, uber muscular, little body fat, super strength, super reflexes, cheseled looks... You name it, they got it.

#2    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

View Postambelamba, on 27 October 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

So we make the first contact someday. The aliens seem to be somewhat peaceful, resorting on diplomacy than an all-out shoot-em-up scenario.

But here's the problem. They look down on us. Openly. Unfortunately they seem to have much higher 'moral standard' and snobbish behavior. And even worse, they are completely lack of cognitive dissonance and incoherent behaviors, unlike humans. Mental illness is a rarity. Organized religions are some kind of comedic act at best. Promiscuity is purely an animal behavior. And they set up their HQ in the middle of West LA. (ha!)

They seem to be out to insult us and crush our souls. Unfortunately, they are also cognitively superior to us, by many folds. They do not hide their contempt on us. They do help us, but not without hurtful comments.

And teh worst part: They look human, except that they all look like the prime specimens of mankind: Tall, uber muscular, little body fat, super strength, super reflexes, cheseled looks... You name it, they got it.

Don't worry.

That's only one type of ET.

What about the scores of others out there that people have had close encounters with over the decades?

Just because contact is made with one strain it doesn't mean that the mystery is over.

I would still want to know where they were all from, why they were here, why the abductions, why the cattle mutilations, why all those incredible granite structures thousands of years ago, and more importantly:

What happened to Elvis?

Edited by zoser, 27 October 2013 - 08:32 AM.

Posted Image

#3    omnivorii

omnivorii

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

I DON'T KNOW IF IT HAS OCCURD TO OTHERS OR NOT, BUT SINCE ABOUT 1947(?), THERE MUST HAVE BEEN HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF 'SIGHTINGS', OR MORE, OF UFO'S. THE PROBLEM IS, THE VAST MAJORITY OF THESE 'SIGHTINGS', ARE OF DIFFERENT OBJECTS.    SUSPICIOUS, DON'T YOU THINK?   I DON'T THINK WE'RE
'ALONE' IN THIS UNVERSE, AS THAT IS NAIVE!    ONE OTHER THING;   'ALIEN' ABDUCTIONS.   THESE 'ALIENS', ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FROM A VERY ADVANCED
CIVILISATION ----------------- THEN WHY HAVE THEY ABDUCTED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE? COULDN'T THEY GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME?

#4    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

View Postomnivorii, on 27 October 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

I DON'T KNOW IF IT HAS OCCURD TO OTHERS OR NOT, BUT SINCE ABOUT 1947(?), THERE MUST HAVE BEEN HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF 'SIGHTINGS', OR MORE, OF UFO'S. THE PROBLEM IS, THE VAST MAJORITY OF THESE 'SIGHTINGS', ARE OF DIFFERENT OBJECTS. SUSPICIOUS, DON'T YOU THINK?   I DON'T THINK WE'RE
'ALONE' IN THIS UNVERSE, AS THAT IS NAIVE! ONE OTHER THING;   'ALIEN' ABDUCTIONS.   THESE 'ALIENS', ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FROM A VERY ADVANCED
CIVILISATION ----------------- THEN WHY HAVE THEY ABDUCTED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE? COULDN'T THEY GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,170 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

They want to tell me what to believe?
**** 'em.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#6    aimlesswalk

aimlesswalk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• I walked aimlessly and then sat down awhile and then walked aimlessly again.

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Well the picture the scenario depicts isn't quite as depressing as the title presumes okay certainly I wouldn't like a bunch of good looking poseurs acting all smug and superior and this is my only contention with what is outlined in the first post.

However as for these beings having a higher sense of morality well that is to be welcomed in my opinion and could serve as a valuable example to us humans whose own sense of morality has seemed to lessened and was always very inconsistent anyway as it was based around hypocrisy and double standards and not true impartial morality but rather on the whims of those who wielded it. In this respect the aliens condemning the hypocritical and also violent and intolerant nature of humanity would be essential so that we could be in no doubt that our nature has no redeeming features (which it doesn't) and through this we could learn to become less like humans and gradually evolve into more tolerant and passive beings.

Edited by aimlesswalk, 27 October 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#7    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,896 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

Do they have a flag?

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,761 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

View Postaimlesswalk, on 27 October 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

Well the picture the scenario depicts isn't quite as depressing as the title presumes okay certainly I wouldn't like a bunch of good looking poseurs acting all smug and superior and this is my only contention with what is outlined in the first post.

However as for these beings having a higher sense of morality well that is to be welcomed in my opinion and could serve as a valuable example to us humans whose own sense of morality has seemed to lessened and was always very inconsistent anyway as it was based around hypocrisy and double standards and not true impartial morality but rather on the whims of those who wielded it. In this respect the aliens condemning the hypocritical and also violent and intolerant nature of humanity would be essential so that we could be in no doubt that our nature has no redeeming features (which it doesn't) and through this we could learn to become less like humans and gradually evolve into more tolerant and passive beings.
I agree about learning to be better from whoever we can but the premise seems flawed to me.  How can they act this way AND have a better developed sense of morality - the two don't go together.  As to the rest of their behavior, it might actually cause people to better themselves in general both physically and emotionally.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#9    aimlesswalk

aimlesswalk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• I walked aimlessly and then sat down awhile and then walked aimlessly again.

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

View Postand then, on 27 October 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

I agree about learning to be better from whoever we can but the premise seems flawed to me.  How can they act this way AND have a better developed sense of morality - the two don't go together.  As to the rest of their behavior, it might actually cause people to better themselves in general both physically and emotionally.

Well taking away the whole good looking aspect of the aliens mentioned in the first post which I wish hadn't of been included I think humanity needs to have it's faults pointed out in the strongest possible terms but instead of some good looking and mentally flawless achievers as they are depicted in the opening post they should be asexual genderless pacifists whose philosophy is centred around passivity and tolerance. They should condemn the aggressive and intolerant nature of humanity and teach us to become more passive like themselves.

#10    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

This subject assumes a hypothesis contrary to fact.  That doesn't mean we can't speculate on it, but we sure shouldn't be drawing moral and political conclusions.

#11    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 27 October 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

This subject assumes a hypothesis contrary to fact.  That doesn't mean we can't speculate on it, but we sure shouldn't be drawing moral and political conclusions.

You mean it's a very hypothetical situation?

Yes I agree.

No one out there in their right minds would venture too far into this madhouse.

Posted Image

#12    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Lets just run with it Eah  ! THe scenario is as posted  Post one : Headquarters in West L.A. Spoiled rotten Aliens,all wearing there versions of Gucci`s and Calvine Kilnes  or what the Heck ever see thru nuddie space undies !
They come not In Peace,but in THe Mission to Put us in our place. Now the problem is ,What Could we do ?
1.Either Get with the Program,
2. Try to Blast-em-outta the Sky.
3.Nothing. best choice in my opinion.
4.Breed with them,Always a fun choice ! Specially If there as Hot as the Venusian`s !
5.Offer to be there Slaves and then under the table plan the Revolt and Demise !
6.JUst Let them Know that They really are Us just from the Future,and that indeed will start a psychological melt down within there Race and They Will mostlikely Bolt from our Planet.
7.ANd Last but not least ,Everyone on the Planet Jump to the Left,Step to the Right ,Put your Hands on your Hip ,And THen We all Will Live in Harmony ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#13    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

Alien Abducter

• 4,616 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

There are many types of extraterrestrials.. Only the logical types will think like that, because we are silly and act on emotion.

#14    dannyboy52

dannyboy52

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 130 posts

• You Can Fool Some People All Of The Time,And All Of The People Some Of The Time, But You Cant Fool All Of The People All Of The Time

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

these type of people, arrogant poseur look down us kinda people already exist on earth we interact with these *******s every day and we still live and learn so should be no problem and there's no way I'm giving up my animal instincts!! :-)

#15    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

View Postdannyboy52, on 27 October 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

and there's no way I'm giving up my animal instincts!! :-)

Serious question: do you really think it is simply a matter of choice?

You can't kick any habit just like that.  It requires a special kind of will and in some cases special knowledge.

Edited by zoser, 27 October 2013 - 07:41 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users