Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 6 votes

The "Guardian" Footage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
456 replies to this topic

#406    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:41 AM

View PostCMan0928, on 08 November 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

All in good fun.
*Casting an eye Saru-ward ... and deciding not to respond to this*

My point before the cleaning stands, however. If your sole purpose here is to simply argue and attempt to prove people wrong to fill some kind of gap in your personal life, well then, you need to change a number of things.
By implication, that would include anyone who doesn't agree with you.  I can think of only one person that could easily describe and he's in agreement with you.  This is not a good thing, in case you're wondering.  If you want everyone to agree with you, you're on the wrong site.

Case in point ... A good number of the folks here don't accept something like the Guardian video as evidence of an alien presence without questioning it.  Thus far, there has been little if any verified supporting evidence to the idea that it's real while there has been ample reason given to at least question the validity of the video if not give credance to the idea that it's a hoax.  This includes statements made after the fact by various people associated either with the creation of the video or with the perpetrator or both.

The statement "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" comes to mind and that evidence is yet to be seen regarding the Guardian video and many, many other videos & other claims.  Without that evidence, they're just so much felgercarb.

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#407    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,124 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostKahn, on 08 November 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

So did I, though it didn't seem hostile when I left my last post.

Something bad happened if he felt the need to intervene.

#408    Kahn

Kahn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

• Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

I figured that.  Was it my comeback about 4 cars?

#409    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostKahn, on 08 November 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

I figured that.  Was it my comeback about 4 cars?
I think it started with his not believing you about two cars and my calling him out on that.  I missed anything that happened after but Saru wouldn't have gotten involved unless it wound up making the OK Corral look like a Sunday School picnic.

#410    CMan0928

CMan0928

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

View PostKludge808, on 08 November 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

I think it started with his not believing you about two cars and my calling him out on that.

I'm entitled to my opinion.

#411    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,960 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostCMan0928, on 08 November 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

That's what Psyc says too, so I guess everyone can stop the insults and ridicule now that it's agreed on.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#412    spacelizard667

spacelizard667

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

• What is the more fun, inviting a wolf to dinner or having a tiger by it's tail ?

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

I read tediously through the Canadian MUFON  text, so what does a barking dog and lights or flares prove if anything. Here is a case where somebody tries to feign ufo evidence taking advantage of chaos and confusion under the cover of darkness. These folk are merely storytellers.

Edited by spacelizard667, 09 November 2013 - 02:23 AM.

#413    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,124 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

Those MUFON investigators must have lots of private "WTF?" moments on those investigations.

#414    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

View Postspacelizard667, on 09 November 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

I read tediously through the Canadian MUFON  text, so what does a barking dog and lights or flares prove if anything. Here is a case where somebody tries to feign ufo evidence taking advantage of chaos and confusion under the cover of darkness. These folk are merely storytellers.
Yes!  Unfortunately, some people believe those stories and attempt to spread the associated gospel without actually thinking anything through.

View Postsinewave, on 09 November 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Those MUFON investigators must have lots of private "WTF?" moments on those investigations.
Which, in turn, lead to lots of trips to assorted pubs to work them out.  :yes:

Edited by Kludge808, 09 November 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#415    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

Again  good ole` Kludge808 hits a home run with the Pub crawl ! Im all in ,Best times had are talking about UFO`s in the Pub`s specially on a lighting filled night ,with half lit patrons and the Fear of Being eatten by E.T`s :alien:

This is a Work in Progress!

#416    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,791 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

Has anyone suggested otherwise?

I've never understood the need for some people to declare their right to an opinion when someone disagrees with it.  Disagreeing with an opinion is not saying that the opinion isn't allowed.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#417    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 5,315 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 09 November 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Has anyone suggested otherwise?

I've never understood the need for some people to declare their right to an opinion when someone disagrees with it.  Disagreeing with an opinion is not saying that the opinion isn't allowed.
I too don't get this "I'm entitled to verbalise any opinion I have" business*... and in the case of the moderator intervention it seems to have all started with an opinion that was not only completely irrelevant, but also a significant ad hominem and clearly meant as an insult...

* Actually, I do get it - I think it's all about the tinfoil/conspiracy mindset/mantra - "you guys are trying to shut me down by suppressing my valid opinions".- when it's actually more like 'us guys' are trying to keep people debating the actual topic instead of making personal attacks.

Edited by ChrLzs, 09 November 2013 - 11:52 PM.

There are answers out there, and they won't be found by people sitting around looking serious and saying 'Isn't life mysterious?' - Tim Minchin ('Storm')
My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - me
The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - me

#418    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,124 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:22 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 09 November 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

Again  good ole` Kludge808 hits a home run with the Pub crawl ! Im all in ,Best times had are talking about UFO`s in the Pub`s specially on a lighting filled night ,with half lit patrons and the Fear of Being eatten by E.T`s :alien:

Works for me man!  Any excuse for a cold one.

#419    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,124 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

Right.  It's pretty simple, don't state it if you don't want it challenged.  That's kinda the purpose of forums like this.  ;)

#420    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• 1,741 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:26 AM

View PostChrLzs, on 09 November 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

I too don't get this "I'm entitled to verbalise any opinion I have" business*... and in the case of the moderator intervention it seems to have all started with an opinion that was not only completely irrelevant, but also a significant ad hominem and clearly meant as an insult...
And getting called out on it.  I don't think he liked that part but I missed all the fun afterward.  According to my email notifications, he responded twice then Saru put an end to the festivities.  I'd love to find out what was said but in the long run it's not all that critical to my well being.

* Actually, I do get it - I think it's all about the tinfoil/conspiracy mindset/mantra - "you guys are trying to shut me down by suppressing my valid opinions".- when it's actually more like 'us guys' are trying to keep people debating the actual topic instead of making personal attacks.
And we're all part of a major conspiracy to hide the truth that only they know but can't prove 'cuz we've hidden the evidence as well.  Can't forget that part.  It is, of course, true but that's beside the point.  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users