Jump to content

Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Man dies after eating wife's homemade curry

marcus sweet coconut milk curry

  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

    Deeply Mysterious

  • 43,340 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

A man collapsed and died after suffering an allergic reaction to coconut milk which his wife was using to make a curry, an inquest heard.

Marcus Sweet started complaining of a sore throat within minutes of tasting the paste-like substance given to him by wife Julie.


Posted Image

#2    TopToffee


    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 231 posts
  • Joined:06 Oct 2013

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

Sounds like my wife cooking me a meal.Its normally under cooked meat that she tries on me though

#3    msmike1


    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Joined:14 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mississippi

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

My wife fed me some tacos one time she made that I now non-affectionately refer to as Devil Tacos. I told her that if had been rich, and she stood to get anything from my death, I would have sworn she tried to poison me.


#4    BiffSplitkins


    Vertically Challenged

  • Member
  • 7,605 posts
  • Joined:09 Aug 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Home of 'The Orange'

  • We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

    'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

If he died from her curry recipe, I can't imagine how bad her meatloaf must be. :whistle:

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#5    Ealdwita


    Hwt oredmcg

  • Member
  • 5,275 posts
  • Joined:08 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

I've been a bit wary of Mrs.E's cooking every since I discovered the cookery teacher at her school was Lucrezia Borgia!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#6    Rlyeh


    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,566 posts
  • Joined:01 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Australia

  • Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

From the forum index the title says "Man dies after eating wife...". lol

#7    tipotep


    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • Joined:14 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

  • Muchos Spectacular

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostTopToffee, on 28 October 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

Sounds like my wife cooking me a meal.Its normally under cooked meat that she tries on me though

My girl tried the same thing on me one day with an under cooked chicken kiev , she blamed the oven :whistle:

#8    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

I know this is amusing, but if you read the article, it's really not.
This is one of the most horrific calls for a medical professional, especially a First Responder. Aka, Paramedic
. The article actually says the medic on the scene Froze for a few minutes and did nothing, because the man's presentation was so horrific.

A medic with thrifty years experience. Thus guys face and tongue swelled up, and I've seen this, it's scary. Like horror movie scary. The tongue looks like an inflated balloon too big for the mouth, and it turns purple.

The breathing turned into a death rattle, and the medic was just not coping well.

I once had a call, where the patient was allergic to mangos.
He had helped his mom go shopping. She got a mango.
He picked it up to put it away.
Picked it up, touched it with his hand, and we got there within six minutes.
The guy was dead on the ground.
Completely closed airways, nothing worked.
24 years old. And he died from touching a mango.

So.... I know I'm no fun, but I find no humor in this, as this man in the article died horribly, and not quickly.
He was terrified.

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 31 October 2013 - 04:18 AM.

Miss me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users