Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

60 Minutes -- Benghazi Attack

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

Well, it's about time....though they made no mention of the gun running that was going on for the past year there, but, hey it's mainstream media..... :)

Link: http://m.youtube.com...h?v=0LATmPawQR4

This is a good watch though....

Here's some links about the gun running going on at Benghazi:

Link: http://www.telegraph...s-attacked.html

Link: http://www.thenewame...out-gun-running

Link: http://www.wnd.com/2...ng-in-benghazi/

Benghazi wasn't the first time unauthorized gun-running schemes initiated by the Obama administration have cost American lives. Indeed, the Obama administration — though it has publicly attacked America's gun laws for American civilians as not restrictive enough — has a long history of gun-running. The U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (still known as ATF) gave some 2,000 high-powered weapons to Mexican-based drug cartels in 2009 and then lost track of the guns. The death toll from weapons used in the ATF program (dubbed “Fast and Furious”), according to the Dallas Morning News, is “more than 200 deaths to Fast and Furious weapons,” and it is continuing to rise. Among the dead was U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.
Former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul noticed this pattern back in May: “The Islamic radicals who attacked Benghazi were the same people let loose by the US-led attack on Libya. They were the rebels on whose behalf the US overthrew the Libyan government. Ambassador Stevens was slain by the same Islamic radicals he personally assisted just over one year earlier.” The former congressman added: “The real lesson of Benghazi will not be learned because neither Republicans nor Democrats want to hear it. But it is our interventionist foreign policy and its unintended consequences that have created these problems, including the attack and murder of Ambassador Stevens. The disputed talking points and White House whitewashing are just a sideshow.”

Edited by Kowalski, 28 October 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#2    Mr. Smith

Mr. Smith

Dirt Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

yup. Give old stock from Libya to Syrian Rebels while we get all the contracts to re-supply Libya. Win-win. But then it backfires. A Libyan militia/religious faction that considered many of those weapons theirs OR didn't like who we were selling them to got p***ed and attacked our CIA compound, aka "diplomatic mission", killing everyone they could.

That sum it up?

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,666 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

View PostMr. Smith, on 29 October 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

yup. Give old stock from Libya to Syrian Rebels while we get all the contracts to re-supply Libya. Win-win. But then it backfires. A Libyan militia/religious faction that considered many of those weapons theirs OR didn't like who we were selling them to got p***ed and attacked our CIA compound, aka "diplomatic mission", killing everyone they could.

That sum it up?
And NOTHING was or ever will be, done about it.  How'd you like to be an ambassador in an unfriendly country these days?  And the sob in the whitehouse just steps over the bodies and waits to be coronated the second time... but I hear Karma's a b****.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#4    Jack Skellington

Jack Skellington

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

• I am a wanderer. A seeker of the Truth. I stumble often along the path and by the grace of God, discover much while on my knees.

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

"What difference at this point, does it make?"

~ Hillary Clinton ~

Not Joemama
No longer AnneOminous

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,666 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

View PostJack Skellington, on 29 October 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

"What difference at this point, does it make?"

~ Hillary Clinton ~
When she runs she'll probably win - unless the ACA really sticks to the dems.  But at least she may have to twist in the wind a bit over that quote.  If we elect her then America deserves EVERYTHING she does in return.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#6    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,475 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

Granted that Hillary Clinton is a known Shapeshifter and possible Reptilian, I don't want to sound racist but shouldn't we care about that just a little bit?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#7    Jack Skellington

Jack Skellington

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

• I am a wanderer. A seeker of the Truth. I stumble often along the path and by the grace of God, discover much while on my knees.

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

I've noticed that in any number of speeches about GIGANTIC mistakes that have been made, the President likes to say...  "Make no mistake...."

And then he tells a whopper.

Like this whole Benghazi massacre.... "Make no mistake...

"We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act," President Barack Obama said. "And make no mistake, justice will be done."

The fact that no Benghazi suspects are listed as part of the State Department’s "Rewards for Justice" program is more evidence that the Obama White House wants to minimize the terrorism angle in that attack, according to the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee.

http://www.foxnews.c...tcmp=latestnews

The fact is, justice has not been done.  Horrible mistakes were made, starting with Hillary Clinton and her decision not to provide the needed security that was requested.

That's WHY it matters Hillary.  At this point and forever.

Not Joemama
No longer AnneOminous

#8    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostJack Skellington, on 29 October 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

I've noticed that in any number of speeches about GIGANTIC mistakes that have been made, the President likes to say...  "Make no mistake...."

And then he tells a whopper.

Like this whole Benghazi massacre.... "Make no mistake...

"We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act," President Barack Obama said. "And make no mistake, justice will be done."

The fact that no Benghazi suspects are listed as part of the State Department’s "Rewards for Justice" program is more evidence that the Obama White House wants to minimize the terrorism angle in that attack, according to the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee.

http://www.foxnews.c...tcmp=latestnews

The fact is, justice has not been done.  Horrible mistakes were made, starting with Hillary Clinton and her decision not to provide the needed security that was requested.

That's WHY it matters Hillary.  At this point and forever.

Yes it does matter.

They knew the security in that place was completely inadequate, and they knew they would be attacked because Al-Qeada had made threats online saying they would attack the Red Cross, the British, and then the Americans. And Al Qeada did each of those things! They knew this was coming. They were warned for months this was going to happen. And the whole, "This was a protest over a YouTube video...." was a complete lie! This was a very organized attack that had been planned for months!

The Americans who rushed to help that night went without asking for permission and the lingering question is why no larger military response ever crossed the border into Libya -- something Greg Hicks realized wasn't going to happen just an hour into the attack.
Lara Logan: You have this conversation with the defense attache. You ask him what military assets are on their way. And he says--
Greg Hicks: Effectively, they're not. And I-- for a moment, I just felt lost. I just couldn't believe the answer. And then I made the call to the Annex chief, and I told him, "Listen, you've gotta tell those guys there may not be any help coming.
Lara Logan: That's a tough thing to understand. Why?
Greg Hicks: It just is. We--, for us, for the people that go out onto the edge, to represent our country, we believe that if we get in trouble, they're coming to get us. That our back is covered. To hear that it's not, it's a terrible, terrible experience.

Link: http://www.cbsnews.c...hazi/?pageNum=3

BTW, I like your name and avatar.  :)

Edited by Kowalski, 29 October 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#9    Agent0range

Agent0range

Psychic Spy

• 1,353 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostKowalski, on 29 October 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

Yes it does matter.

They knew the security in that place was completely inadequate, and they knew they would be attacked because Al-Qeada had made threats online saying they would attack the Red Cross, the British, and then the Americans. And Al Qeada did each of those things! They knew this was coming. They were warned for months this was going to happen. And the whole, "This was a protest over a YouTube video...." was a complete lie! This was a very organized attack that had been planned for months!

Link: http://www.cbsnews.c...hazi/?pageNum=3

BTW, I like your name and avatar.  :)

What makes you say that security was inadequate?

#10    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,776 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostAgent0range, on 29 October 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

What makes you say that security was inadequate?
the result

RESIDENT TROLL.

#11    Agent0range

Agent0range

Psychic Spy

• 1,353 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

View Postaztek, on 29 October 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

the result

There was more security there than some bases in Afghanistan...

#12    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,776 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostAgent0range, on 29 October 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

There was more security there than some bases in Afghanistan...

yet they could not protect 4 ppl, and it was NOT out of the blue attack that lasted 10 seconds.

so what is all that " more security there than some bases in Afghanistan" worth??? not much if you ask ambassador and his crew.

Edited by aztek, 29 October 2013 - 04:16 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#13    Agent0range

Agent0range

Psychic Spy

• 1,353 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

View Postaztek, on 29 October 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

yet they could not protect 4 ppl, and it was NOT out of the blue attack that lasted 10 seconds.

so what is all that " more security there than some bases in Afghanistan" worth??? not much if you ask ambassador and his crew.

Very rarely is an attack out of the blue.  There is almost always intelligence that is usually not very accurate.  You people just go about your lives and only care when something bad happens.  99% of the population is reactive as opposed to pro-active, and instances like this prove that.

#14    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,776 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

not sure what your point is, but whatever the reason is the security was not adecuate, it failed. 4ppl died. that is all there is to it.

btw i like your YOU PEOPLE. comment, you have clear division in your mind, you (that knows everything better) and them ( or us that don't know jack, and have no idea what they talking about) ,

Edited by aztek, 29 October 2013 - 04:29 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#15    Agent0range

Agent0range

Psychic Spy

• 1,353 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

Yes, people die during attacks.  Who are you to say the security was not adequate?  I compare it to a base in Afghanistan, because they do just fine protecting themselves on a daily basis.  You cannot predict such a large scale attack.  Again, you are going to say "but the intelligence".  Well I have been on the wrong end of some crazy intelligence.  "Your base is going to come under the attack of 400-800 taliban armed with RPG's, Dishkas, PKM's and AK-47's."  Most intelligence is crap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users