Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Civil War 'ghost' captured on camera

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,026 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:21 AM

ghostly figure, supposedly the spirit of a dead soldier from a key battle in the English Civil War, has been captured on film by a group of paranormal enthusiasts.

To read more and see the photo: http://www.telegraph...nthusiasts.html

Please note, I am a skeptic, i am posting this for conversational purposes.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#2    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:07 AM

Sorry to go off topic, but what caught my eye was that baby sloth to the right of the article. I love those bizarre creatures. So darn weird, just like me.

Carry on...

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 9,856 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

ARH MAN!! is this the same paranormal team as on the other thread? how bad is that pic!!!

Bottom left in the grass...there is a miniature wizard, how did they miss that??

#4    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 4,969 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

When we saw it.. we were gobsmacked.
“If this is genuine it’s a very, very, good example. It’s the best I have seen for many years.”
Oh dear.  I have formed a mental picture of these folks.  It's not pleasant.

I too was much more impressed by the tiny wizard...

There are answers out there, and they won't be found by people sitting around looking serious and saying 'Isn't life mysterious?' - Tim Minchin ('Storm')
My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - me
The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - me

#5    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,672 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

Vaguely human shaped blob is captured in background of crappy quality photo.  Some twit suggests its a ghost.  Some other twit then describes it as the best ghost photo he's ever seen.  Before you know it, said blob becomes news story in respected newspaper.

Completely ridiculous.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#6    Fat Cat

Fat Cat

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

Why does the picture look like a bad watercolor painting?  Oh, yeah.  They had to manipulate the heck out of it to find the "ghost".  CREEPY!

#7    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

.... actually if you close your eyes and imagine absolutely nothing you see a clearer picture.

" Where does yesterday go to? Where does tomorrow come from? Is not the universe the proginetor of space and time? "
                                                                        **Time-machine Universe**
                                                            http://www.unexplain...howtopic=286269

#8    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 42,510 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 29 October 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

Please note, I am a skeptic, i am posting this for conversational purposes.
The article in your OP is dated 12 Jul 2008 and was posted here at the time  -

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=130700

Posted Image

#9    Chooky88

Chooky88

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

Poor sloths. American tourists buy them and watch them starve to death. Don't buy sloths if you visit south America  :-(

#10    Shiloh17

Shiloh17

The Last.

• 2,546 posts

• "Eve's eve, a new beginning."

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

That's just Sir Walter Raleigh out for a stroll. You know, getting a little fresh air, after all that tobacco.

#11    Kahn

Kahn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

• Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

Trick of light and shadow, nothing more.  Pretty grainy too, what was it shot with, a 1.2 megapixel camera?

#12    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,672 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostKahn, on 30 October 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

Trick of light and shadow, nothing more.  Pretty grainy too, what was it shot with, a 1.2 megapixel camera?
Probably shot with a modern 10+ megapixel camera but we'll never see the original unmodified picture.  Websites that report ghost photos never supply the original photos. They're either fluff stories from the likes of the Daily Mail (or sadly in this case the Telegraph) that have no interest in providing you with the proper evidence because that's not what they're about, it's just a dumb story to fill column inches, or its from a website that is run by someone with no idea that resizing, recompressing, etc. a photo might alter it in ways that those genuinely interested won't find useful (stripped out EXIF data, downsizing it and losing detail, adding more JPEG artefacts, etc.)

The kind of people typically reporting these pics don't know (or care about) the difference between the 10 megapixel image that came straight off the camera's memory card and a 0.3 megapixel 640x480 heavily compressed version saved for web use.  It's frustrating for those of us who actually want to examine ghost images when we've got nothing but this kind of lousy quality crap.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#13    coolguy

coolguy

Poltergeist

• 2,336 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

Very cool that place is filled with ghosts.when my friend was small they went to Gettysburg his dad saw a ghost

#14    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,672 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

View Postcoolguy, on 31 October 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

Very cool that place is filled with ghosts.when my friend was small they went to Gettysburg his dad saw a ghost
You deduced that this particular field between two villages in England is "filled with ghosts" based upon the OP article that contained a single poor quality 'enhanced' photo of exaggerated background objects and sensor noise?

Or do you know something about this particular field that we don't?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users