Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Cemeteries Vandalized

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,587 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

It's that Halloween time of year, when people gear up and go out to spooky places, like cemeteries. Some people are respectful, some people are not. Here's some stories from this years cemetery vandalizing.

CANTON, N.Y. — Police are investigating an act of vandalism that damaged dozens of headstones at a northern New York cemetery.
http://online.wsj.co...d22ad63b98.html

A Camas man was arrested Thursday after fifteen headstones in the Camas Cemetery were toppled and some broke.
http://www.columbian...ery-vandalized/

Winchester, MA —Several gravestones at Wildwood Cemetery were defaced last week after someone spray painted swastikas, foul language and male genitalia on them, according to Winchester police.
http://www.wickedloc...ldwood-Cemetery

EVANSTON, Wyo. — Just days before Halloween, Wyoming police are trying to solve a disturbing mystery: They want to know why someone is digging up old graves at a cemetery in Evanston.
http://fox13now.com/...ery-vandalized/

MARTINEZ, Calif. – After months of relative quiet, vandals have once again struck St. Catherine of Siena Cemetery.
http://martinezgazet...trike-cemetery/

Vandals strike two Manitoba cemeteries

http://winnipeg.ctvn...eries-1.1486045

It's a crying shame that this sort of thing happens. People just gotta go out for a spooky time and do damage while they are at it :( :angry:
There are many reasons why ghost hunters get a bad rap. Behavior like this is one of those things. Now, to my understanding of the stories it does not look like any of these crimes are being blamed on ghost hunters. But I know that a lot of folks will attribute behavior like this to paranormal seekers/thrillers.
I didn't backcheck to see if any of the cemeteries in the stories were purported to be haunted or not.

#2    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,115 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

View Postrashore, on 29 October 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

-snip-
I didn't backcheck to see if any of the cemeteries in the stories were purported to be haunted or not.

When your a teen looking for a halloween thrill, EVERY cemetary is haunted...

Edited by Taun, 29 October 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#3    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,587 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostTaun, on 29 October 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Sad but true.

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,877 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

In Mobile, Alabama we have/had a large Catholic contingent with French roots - the city is approaching it's tricentennial soon.  Due to this heritage we celebrate Mardi Gras (Carnival) in February or March each year. After the war of Northern Aggression ;) there was a hiatus in these celebrations for years until a gent named Joe Cain started a "people's" parade and celebrated openly.  He has become a cult hero and we honor him on the last Sunday before Fat Tuesday with a street party and general well attended drunken mayhem.  Of course one has to go and have a drink near his grave so it wasn't long before the drunks got a little too rowdy and were setting up rotisseries between headstones and such.  Order was finally reestablished and the old Church Street cemetery was put off limits.  I guess cemeteries are just an unavoidable place to celebrate life - or at least shake a fist at death :)

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#5    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,208 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

I trespassed at cementaries at night for fun and we never vandalised ****.
Thats just disrespectful wtf people

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#6    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 29 October 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

I trespassed at cementaries at night for fun and we never vandalised ****.
Thats just disrespectful wtf people

Me and some friends used do that as well, and we never vadalized or left a buch of trash there, either....That's just dumb. We were more interested in trying to catch a ghost on video! ;)

#7    rodentraiser

rodentraiser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

• "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

from Wrong Planet Forums

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

I remember when our ghost hunting group was investigating - with permission - a cemetery here in town. In the middle of the investigation, a car drove up and a pile of teenage girls got out and began running through the cemetery. Their mom sat in the car and totally ignored them - apparently they had all been to McDonalds and the girls had talked their mom into stopping at the cemetery while they ate their hamburgers (and yes, after they had gone, we found their trash). What ended up being really funny was that although there were streetlights nearby so you could sort of see where you were going, all of us were in the dark. The first the girls knew we were there was when about 6 members around them flipped on the flashlights and yelled at them. The girls ran screaming back to the car (a lot faster than they'd run in) and our team leader apologized to the mom and asked if they would leave while we continued the investigation. I think the girls and the mom were more than happy to leave, although we did receive another visit shortly afterwards by a patrol car.

Posted Image

I’m sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evils is still evil. And almost always the lesser of two evils is our only choice.

We have been voting for the lesser of two evils for decade upon decade and look where it’s gotten us.     Coleman Luck

#8    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:21 AM

we used to go to them all the time for a thrill, they are perfectly creepy if respected, the dead should be left at peace and there grounds sacred, where is the honour now adays? oh yeah the ancient times are long dead as well, i guess i pads and facebook and drunken teenage nights and no respect for anything is the planet these ancient hero's expected us to build apon there shoulders and feets, this planet makes me sick some times, what would they all think if they could see us now?

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#9    Kahn

Kahn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

• Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:55 AM

Back in the 70's there were two mausoleums just outside Arlington National Cemetery (near where the Air Force memorial stands today).  Every Halloween kids would break in and take the skulls, burn candles in or on them, scatter the bones, etc.  Things got so bad that they finally relocated the remains and leveled both.

#10    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,769 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

They should throw these people in jail.the cops are stepping up around the closed mental hospitals here on Long Island.
It's called kings park this place is wild. There are some web sites

#11    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• 1,284 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

Your right they should go to jail.In the case of them digging up bodies,sometimes it is for a prank.Other times to use the bones in Santeria or other rituals. Sorry about that.Trying to get rid of the line here,no luck.

#12    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,861 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostTaun, on 29 October 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

I love visiting cemeteries, the older the better.  I've always found them quiet peaceful places and have never experienced anything strange at one, daytime or nighttime.

I've a lot more to worry about from living people than dead ones.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#13    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• 1,284 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

I recall my dad taliking about late one night walking past Union Cemetery in Milwaukee with a friend on the way home. This was back in the 1930s  or some time before WW2. He noticed a ball of blueish light moving around the cemetery. At first he thought it was just the caretaker.But the way it would move and pop up here and there made him realize that such wasn't the case. Daddy mentioned it when he got home . Grandma later spoke to the old german caretaker who told her that over the years he had seen this same blue ball as well as other strange lights. Daddy said there were also rabbits,skunks and other critters that lived there,because he recalled seeing rabbits a couple of times. Neither he nor my mother ever as teenageers ran around cemeteries as night. partly out of respect,and partly maybe out of supersition.
You know,the dead wandering around at night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users