Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Martin MacNeill Case

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 4,003 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

http://www.hlntv.com/

Did Martin MacNeill kill his wife to move his mistress Gypsy in or was her death a accident?

Ada MacNeill was 7 at the time of the interview and answered many of the questions about her family’s home in Utah with, “I don’t want to talk about it.” She finally opened up about the morning she found her mother’s body in the bathtub, saying the water was almost “brown” and that her mother was “all the way” in the bathtub.

This story contradicts what Martin MacNeill allegedly told investigators and his older daughters -- that he found his wife slumped over the tub, with her head in the water and her feet sticking out.

He  is accused of drugging his wife, Michele MacNeill, with a powerful cocktail of prescriptions and then drowning her as she recovered from face-lift surgery in 2007.

Edited by docyabut2, 30 October 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#2    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:05 AM

I've only started following this trial/case the last day or 2, so I'm not very informed. I heard the youngest child, Ada, the one who found her dead mother in the tub, say the tub was partially filled with dark brown water. I haven't heard one other witness describe the water that way.

What would color the water dark brown? Blood? I haven't heard anything that Michelle MacNeill had any bleeding wounds. What does anyone know about this? Was there any confirmation that the water was brown?

#3    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

i watched a 48 Hours show on this and from what i saw i feel that he killed her.
edit to add link
http://www.cbsnews.c...h/?id=50157929n

Edited by JGirl, 31 October 2013 - 03:20 AM.

#4    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:24 AM

I haven't seen much about the case, but at a first glance, I must say it has all the classic hallmarks of a man killing his wife, trying to make it look like an accident, to make it look like an accident...to make room for his new squeeze.

#5    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 4,003 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostAaronsmom, on 31 October 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

I've only started following this trial/case the last day or 2, so I'm not very informed. I heard the youngest child, Ada, the one who found her dead mother in the tub, say the tub was partially filled with dark brown water. I haven't heard one other witness describe the water that way.

What would color the water dark brown? Blood? I haven't heard anything that Michelle MacNeill had any bleeding wounds. What does anyone know about this? Was there any confirmation that the water was brown?

Well the husband said he found his wife`s slumped over the tub and she must have hit her head, the photos show blood in the drain tub.However the little girl said her father and her found the mother, but her mother was in the tub.I just wondering if there was a police report of any kind of how her body was found. Did the husband remove her body out of the tub before the police got there,or what? or did the police even come.

here`s one report.

Martin MacNeill left to pick up Ada at about 11:35 a.m. According to documents, they arrived home between 11:35 and 11:46 a.m. Martin MacNeill went to the kitchen, and Ada went to find her mother.
Ada said she found her mother fully clothed in the tub with her head next to the tub's faucet, above reddish-brown water. She estimated the water was about one-quarter of the way up the tub. Her mother's hair was floating toward the drain. Ada went to get her father.
Martin MacNeill's recounting of how he found his wife is strikingly different from Ada's and will be something prosecutors focus on to show MacNeill's alleged lack of veracity. He told authorities his wife was draped over the side of the tub, head first, with her head in the water. Autopsy results later showed Michele MacNeill's blood had pooled after death toward her lower extremities, which gives credence to Ada's version and discounts Martin MacNeill's.

Edited by docyabut2, 31 October 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#6    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

I recall from a neighbor's testimony (the one Ada ran next door to get) that when she and her husband reached the bathroom, Dr. McNeill had Michelle on her back on the floor. He told them he pulled her out of the tub to give her CPR, which he said failed to revive her. So unfortunately, the only ppl who saw Michelle in the tub before she was moved were McNeill and Ada.

#7    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 4,003 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostAaronsmom, on 31 October 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

I recall from a neighbor's testimony (the one Ada ran next door to get) that when she and her husband reached the bathroom, Dr. McNeill had Michelle on her back on the floor. He told them he pulled her out of the tub to give her CPR, which he said failed to revive her. So unfortunately, the only ppl who saw Michelle in the tub before she was moved were McNeill and Ada.

Well I guess I would believe little  Ada, but she did keep saying in the interview, her mother was washing her hair.

#8    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

That's the problem with the eyewitness account of a child as young as six. While the child would have no reason to lie (unless coached by an adult), he or she may not have the most reliable memory of what's witnessed. There's too much left open to individual interpretation of a mind too young to properly process or make sense of what's observed. So a child's testimony might be tainted. Obviously, the defendant's version of things might be tainted too.

#9    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,583 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

The man's own daughters believe he killed their mother!

I don't know much about the evidence, but it sounds to me like it might be one of those cases that require more common sense applied to the evidence than is usually needed.

#10    Vincennes

Vincennes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 31 October 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

Well I guess I would believe little  Ada, but she did keep saying in the interview, her mother was washing her hair.

When I read that I immediately thought that could be a child's explanation of why her mother's head was under water with her hair floating.  IMO that really solidly tells me the little girl saw her mother in that tub.

#11    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

I don't have enough knowledge of the facts and evidence in Mrs. MacNeill's death, but from a general overview, it does fit with an all-too-common scenario of a man getting rid of his wife for any of a number of typical motivations--in this case, it sounds like it would be to make room for MacNeill's other relationship.

Vincennes, I agree w/ what you say about Ada's testimony that her mother was washing her hair; it does sound like a child's interpretation as to why her mother was lying in a tub of water with her head down in it.  Her little six-yr-old mind is trying its best to make sense of what the eyes see. That poor child. Imagine how traumatic it was for Ada to be confronted with the sight of discovering her mother dead in a bath tub. That image will remained seared into her brain for the rest of her life.

#12    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

Verdict is in....guilty. Closing was yesterday afternoon. Jury was back in less 24 hrs.

Edited by Aaronsmom, 09 November 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#13    2-B

2-B

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

I wasn't able to follow this case as closely as I wanted to, but everything I did hear made me lean guilty. Hearing that MacNeill pushed his wife into surgery when the plastic surgeon cautioned waiting for her blood pressure to stabilize and when she herself wanted to follow the surgeon's advice was a huge red flag for me. No good person, much less a husband, much less a husband who was a doctor, would have pushed that surgery without motive.  

I'm glad the jury overcame the multiple autopsy reports, none suggesting homocide as manner of death IIRC.

And I didn't know till yesterday that MacNeill was a suspect in at least two other cases the jury never heard about. Wow.

"I'm team whatever freaking happened."

~Michaela on ABC's fabulous "How To Get Away With Murder"

#14    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

I fully agree with you re the suspect nature of MacNeill's zeal to have the surgery go forward in spite of the high risk involved, and I am glad too the jury was able to look past the various autopsy reports.

I didn't know about MacNeill being a suspect in any other crime. That is really scary! For me, the most damning evidence against MacNeill was how quickly he moved this young woman, who turned out to be his girlfriend, into his home after Michele died, under the guise of hiring her as a nanny. Doesn't resemble behavior of a grieving husband. Kind of like Scott Peterson ordering two "adult" channels in their cable service, 2 days after Laci disappeared. So full of grief wasn't he?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users