Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Stephensville UFO

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#1    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

Hello all,

I have been looking into the Stephensville UFO flap that occured in 2008. I have not seen a decent explanation yet and was hoping this case may be discussed with a view to trying to understand what exactly may have happened.

This case apparently has

- scrambled military jets giving chase
- radar returns
-multiple witnesses
-photos
-footage?
- cover up/denials

oh and plenty of misinformation and BS to wade through.

Does anyone have a good understanding of this case to provide an overview of the events?

Edited by quillius, 30 October 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#2    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

View Postquillius, on 30 October 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

Hello all,

I have been looking into the Stephensville UFO flap that occured in 2008. I have not seen a decent explanation yet and was hoping this case may be discussed with a view to trying to understand what exactly may have happened.

This case apparently has

- radar returns
-multiple witnesses
-photos
-footage?
- cover up/denials

Does anyone have a good understanding of this case to provide an overview of the events?

i haven't heard about this one AT ALL, though it is so recent...! I want to read into it when i'm back from work, looks like it's worth it!

#3    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,641 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

Links are always good, was it this one

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#4    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

View Postseeder, on 30 October 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

Links are always good, was it this one

hello Seeder, I refarained from posting links or a summary as it seems the falp wasnt just limited to one date, usually January 8th 2008.

I thought it would be good to see what people know (think they know) and see what information gets posted.

do you know much about this case (the one your link refers to)? if so how would you summarise it?

#5    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 30 October 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

i haven't heard about this one AT ALL, though it is so recent...! I want to read into it when i'm back from work, looks like it's worth it!

A couple of UM members here also suggested it was worth investigating (one of them being Psyche, which in itself speaks volumes)

I also never realised how recent it was, it seems there is a hell of a lot of info out there about it and it doesnt seem to focus on just one day. Although information/sightings after the main event always need to be taken with a large pinch of salt, however the actions of the 'powers that be' after the event are definitely worth note....i.e. denial cover up etc...

#6    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,641 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

Well its always refreshing to talk about something new, no Ive not looked into at all. Ive gone past the stage of seeking out such stories, now I just look into them as and when they come to my attention! Also, Im just about to pop out for some time. So long as the Forum Custodian doesn't try taking over 'your' thread and drag it down to his usual heights, it may well be interesting to have a shufty when I return.  Cheers for now

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#7    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

View Postseeder, on 30 October 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

Well its always refreshing to talk about something new, no Ive not looked into at all. Ive gone past the stage of seeking out such stories, now I just look into them as and when they come to my attention! Also, Im just about to pop out for some time. So long as the Forum Custodian doesn't try taking over 'your' thread and drag it down to his usual heights, it may well be interesting to have a shufty when I return.  Cheers for now

ok cheers, the more the merrier......and it sure beats talking about the spaceman :)

#8    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

here is quite a comprehensive looking report:

http://www.ufocasebo...radarreport.pdf

#9    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,641 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

No worries, I'll add this bit for now

http://en.wikipedia....s#UFO_sightings

#10    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

View Postquillius, on 30 October 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

Hello all,

This case apparently has

- radar returns
-multiple witnesses
-photos
-footage?
- cover up/denials

Some interesting radar animation that could help to unlock the case:

Posted Image

#11    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

thanks Zoser, I think this may form part of the report/analysis from my link on post #8.

I will watch videos tonight hopefully and go through the report in finer detail.

Hopefully some of the old times (old in terms of experience rather than age) will give us some good information/ opinions so we can really get stuck into the detail of the case....

#12    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,593 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

At least this one's an actual case and not just a video of a light over Istanbul, or whatever.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#13    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 30 October 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

At least this one's an actual case and not just a video of a light over Istanbul, or whatever.

do you know a bit about this case SP?

I'd heard it referenced in the past but never realised just how big or recent it was....

#14    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,593 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

View Postquillius, on 30 October 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

do you know a bit about this case SP?

I'd heard it referenced in the past but never realised just how big or recent it was....

Yes, and I'm actually surprised at the responses about not knowing much of it.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 30 October 2013 - 02:48 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#15    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

This was a very high profile case, witnessed by many, many people in that particular area of Texas. In addition, as I recall the object(s) violated the air space around the so called western White House, as this all occurred in and around  that area. It was a local media sensation at the time. There have been quite a few ufo programs that reference this particular sighting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users